PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Map Tool

Sylvesr
September 30th, 2020, 03:55
Travellers,
I purchased Worldographer from Inkwell Ideas in July for D&D maps but have been using it for Traveller maps too. I am not happy with it, the program is buggy with maps throwing odd random elements that have to be carefully deleted to avoid screwing up you whole map. Sometimes if you use "undo" it whites out the screen and you lose all your work etc. Very frustrating.

That said; what program do you prefer for making maps and diagrams of worlds, towns, star ports etc?

Thank you.

esmdev
September 30th, 2020, 04:02
Travellers,
I purchased Worldographer from Inkwell Ideas in July for D&D maps but have been using it for Traveller maps too. I am not happy with it, the program is buggy with maps throwing odd random elements that have to be carefully deleted to avoid screwing up you whole map. Sometimes if you use "undo" it whites out the screen and you lose all your work etc. Very frustrating.

That said; what program do you prefer for making maps and diagrams of worlds, towns, star ports etc?

Thank you.

Google search is my first option, but if that fails me Campaign Cartographer with various accessories but especially Cosmographer.

MadBeardMan
September 30th, 2020, 11:36
Hi,

CC3+ (Campaign Cartographer) is the defacto standard, but it's got a steep learning curve. It links into TravellerMap and you can create sector/subsector maps (you'd need the the Cosmographer DLC I think).

Cheers,
MBM

Trenloe
September 30th, 2020, 11:58
Campaign Cartographer 3+, Fractal Terrains and Comsmographer - pretty much allow you to do all Traveller map types. Make a random world in Fractal Terrains then import it into CC3+ with Cosmographer to get your standard Traveller icosohedral world map.

greyseasunder
September 30th, 2020, 14:46
Agree with the folks here- Campaign Cartographer with the Cosmographer add-in. But it does, as stated, have a VERY steep learning curve. It feels/looks like an application developed about 20+ years ago. It works though- attached is a quick map i put together using one of the built in template for my Theories of Everything campaign.39820

greyseasunder
September 30th, 2020, 14:47
Agree with the folks here- Campaign Cartographer with the Cosmographer add-in. But it does, as stated, have a VERY steep learning curve. It feels/looks like an application developed about 20+ years ago. It works though- attached is a quick map i put together using one of the built in template for my Theories of Everything campaign.39821

Sylvesr
October 2nd, 2020, 00:10
Thanks everyone. I will check CC out.

LordQ96
October 2nd, 2020, 02:56
i havent used this but i want to try it https://www.wonderdraft.net/