PDA

View Full Version : Headquarters and Vehicle Edges?

YggBjorn
September 30th, 2020, 00:09
Is there a way, other than just using Notes, to track Edges on Headquarter locations and Vehicles? Has anyone created an extension to do this?

Mgrancey
September 30th, 2020, 20:16
Sorry, you are going to need to expand/explain what you are talking about. Do you mean modifiers to them? Cause as far as I am aware they are already included/coded.

YggBjorn
September 30th, 2020, 22:44
The module I am importing was originally made for tabletop. They mention an HQ/Vehicle sheet to track the edges applied. I have used neither vehicles nor lodges or headquarters so don't know of a way to track the info or have it apply automatically for rolls. One of the edges for the HQ gives a +1 bonus to Research checks using a computer at the HQ. Is there a place to drop that edge so the player can 'tick a box' and get the +1 bonus to their Research roll or would the +1 be added to the 'Modifiers" box before the roll?

Mgrancey
October 1st, 2020, 12:48
Must be some homebrew thing if it has Edges on Vehicles or Headquarters.

Simply put there isn't a way to automatically tie it to vehicles or HQs currently. The most you can do is making the controller of a vehicle, which will pull and connect the appropriate skills for the vehicle control/shooting and then apply any appropriate vehicle modifiers.

That being said, you can create it in the Modifier or Effects box easily enough.

YggBjorn
October 1st, 2020, 22:30
Looks like that will be the method then.

It is a homebrew setting, not mine though. You can find PDFs available for free on the owners website. I am waiting to confirm permission to upload the finished Module files here. The owner never put a Creative Commons license on it or anything of the sort. It is based on a licensed IP from a different form of media so they probably can't anyway.