PDA

View Full Version : [PAID][LFP] Storm King's Thunder - Advanced Start - Additional Adventures Possible!

LegacyArkGames
September 29th, 2020, 04:45
Hello all,

I'm JT, and I operate Legacy Ark Games, a YouTube Let's Play channel which advocates for and provides gaming options to the disabled and chronically ill. Over the past weeks of working with multiple paid GMs and having them tell me that they felt I should be GMing, as I had been a great storyteller as their player, I've really been inspired to do just that. I hope that you'll be willing to consider me as a quality option for your tabletop gaming on Wednesdays!

=====ADVENTURES ON OFFER=====

Presently, I am planning to run Storm King's Thunder using the advanced start, skipping the initial adventure and starting players directly at 5th level. I feel that the initial events are pretty mundane fare and can be easily summarized, which gives you the freedom to choose where you want to go and what you pursue. Although there will obviously be some pressure upon you to act with regard to the main story due to its nature, I am absolutely about player freedom, and the sandbox nature of this module really supports that. You want to skip over a main story element for now and go adventuring in the nearest forgotten ruin? Absolutely. Looking for an interesting animal companion out in the wilds? Check! I am not trapped by the book and can add appropriate places for your interests with some warning.

I'm not a fan of the first chapter, and as such, you'll set free to roam the Sword Coast, acting on the main quest as you will and doing what you'd like in the interim. This isn't to say that events related to the main quest won't progress, and that you might have changed related events had you not been dungeon delving for treasures. It's player choice, a key element in any long term campaign I run. I make ample time for you to do as your character would do, rather than what the book tells me you should be doing. I'm a fan of enabling you to be heroic, and at times, I may waive a roll that would otherwise be required simply because I feel you should succeed ... or possibly fail, admittedly. That's my approach to GMing.

Furthermore, character flexibility is of great importance to me! I know that I don't enjoy my virtual tabletop sessions if I'm not playing the characters/races/classes/etc which really inspire me to tell a great story, for example. I want you to feel at liberty to get creative with your character ideas and know that I'll be open to hearing them out. Homebrew is possible with me to a point! This module is for the long haul, with high level content likely to follow if players are interested in continuing their weekly adventures into the far future.

Alternatives: I do offer AD&D 2E games if a group would like to pay in for one. I'd be entirely willing to running a starting module, Haunted Halls of Eveningstar, and gauging group interest in continuing from there.

The Future: Pending successful adventures in my expanded vision of Storm King's Thunder, with players happy to have had the experience (and potentially playing beyond it), I hope to continue expanding my library of available modules as well as custom content. I personally find it most satisfying to see a group play not just one module together, but progress from their earlier adventuring careers all the way up to epic deeds together. It builds friendships as players, it forms great character interaction, and the overall rapport is just far closer between the whole group.

=====LIBRARY AVAILABLE=====

I have the following books available in my library for your adventuring and character creating convenience:

Dungeon Master's Guide
Monster Manual
Player's Handbook
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
-- Unearthed Arcana content considered on a case by case basis.
Extras: Generic Token Swapper - Critically Awesome Essentials and One Touch Druid - Critically awesome essentials available for ease of shapeshifting. Music provided as selected by myself. I prefer to choose music I feel is appropriate for the setting and/or situation, and to do my own narrations tailored to my players' characters, rather than use something generic such as SyrinScape.

AD&D 2E Library: Full library available, includes all rulebooks converted to Fantasy Grounds.

=====THE DETAILS=====

License: Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate (my entire library of books and extensions will be available to you during sessions; you need only the FGU Demo client)

Special Rules: Milestone leveling will be utilized for this campaign.

Date: Sessions will be held weekly on Tuesdays 1pm-5pm EST, Wednesdays 1pm-5pm EST and 7pm-11pm EST, Thursdays 7pm-11pm EST, and Sundays 7pm-11pm EST.

Each slot is available to individual players or groups. I will only take a maximum of six players per group, so if one block fills up, it's unfortunately full. Should lose a player, I'll first contact people seeking reserve spots. Character creation and session 0 could begin the next closest Wednesday, and I'll work with players who can't make that time.

Which module is run in which time slot (SKT Or Rime) will depend upon who has expressed interest in - or who has brought a full group for - what. To the best of my ability, I'll gather loners together by module!

Content: I rate my own content as Safe for Work, with fantasy violence basically a given (it's D&D).

Voice/Video: I have a personal Discord server which will be used for games. Once you've expressed committed interest in joining, I'll send a Discord invite to your provided Discord ID. No video will be used during sessions. I request that players use Push to Talk on Discord if possible, please!

Streaming: As noted, I do operate a YouTube channel by the same name where I record and stream both tabletop and traditional PC games. I may be interested in streaming sessions for the enjoyment and benefit of fellow chronically ill/disabled gamers. However, you will always be informed of plans to do so and should not be afraid to say if you don't want to be streamed. If one out of five doesn't want to be streamed, then it's not streamed and no hard feelings.

Price: $10 per player, per session, paid either just before or immediately following the session (whichever is convenient). Payment is accepted solely via PayPal. Pay for 3 sessions upfront and receive a discounted price of $25. Character Creation and Session Zero are free of charge so that you may judge whether or not you feel my style is the right fit for you.

About the GM: I've been playing for 25 years, since I first discovered AD&D at the public library, and I've been with roleplaying as my hobby ever since! This became increasingly important in my life as I developed a physical disability which left me housebound. Virtual tabletop gaming and PC gaming to serve my YouTube channel and support its disabled viewers has since been a lifesaver for me, mentally and socially. I hope to give to others the joy the hobby has brought to me, and to see you return each week for more! In terms of 5th Edition experience, I'm not going to claim to be an encyclopedic GM. Are you new? That's totally fine, because odds are I'm going to need to reference the rules more than a few times, too! What counts most to me is the story first, numbers second - the latter can always be worked out.

Contacting Me: Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience to express your interest in joining one of my adventuring groups! Even if you have something in mind I haven't listed, I invite contact so that I may reach you in the future if your interest becomes possible. Just PM me here or, for what will likely be a much quicker reply, contact me via Discord at Legacy Ark Games#0725

You can also join my community Discord for premium games and discussion of the Legacy Ark Games channel's streams and videos! https://discord.gg/Kd7ZnSu

Thank you!

UPDATE: I am now also offering Rime of the Frostmaiden as a campaign choice, with all the same focus upon player creativity and control within a sandbox setting, as well as expanded content! See my post below for more information!

UPDATE 2: Timeslots expanded to include several more days and times, each available to a group or individual players! If interested, just contact me via Discord!

LegacyArkGames
September 29th, 2020, 23:39
UPDATE:

In addition to offering Storm King's Thunder, I am pleased to announce that interested players also have the option of requesting to play Rime of the Frostmaiden should they prefer! Should one group go with RotFM, then the other will be Storm King's Thunder.

The gameplay practices in my writeup for SKT will be the same with Rime of the Frostmaiden. I focus upon creative freedom in character creation and in play. You will not be on rails in my campaigns, and should you wish to go off the path and toward other locales, I'll have plenty of original content waiting for you. The main storyline will proceed in its own ways, but whether you're present to halt it or clean up the consequences or something you might've prevented is your decision! I am but your humble GM, here to make your favorite characters possible and provide you with the best atmosphere and story I can offer.

The cost for Rime of the Frost Maiden will be the same $10/session with creation and session 0 being free. Unless by special request during which I happen to have an opening, it will happen in either the Monday afternoon (1pm-5pm EST) or evening (7pm-11pm EST) spot. It depends upon who shows up first asking for which, primarily; I can run either in both spots!

If you're interested, please see my original post for the remaining relevant details! Most of it applies just the same. I am pleased to receive contact with interest or questions via PM or (far preferably) through Discord DM to Legacy Ark Games#0725

LegacyArkGames
September 30th, 2020, 22:31
Still looking for players or groups, and now with open timeslots expanded! Spots are now available for either module Tuesdays 1pm-5pm EST, Wednesdays 1pm-5pm EST and 7pm-11pm EST, Thursdays 7pm-11pm EST, and Sundays 7pm-11pm EST!

LegacyArkGames
October 1st, 2020, 02:24
I now have three players in the Sunday group timeslot, needing one more or a maximum of three. As of now, accounting for their votes, it's a Rime of the Frostmaiden expanded campaign! Interested in joining? Just reach me! The starting module from my original post hasn't yet been chosen by them, and so you'll have your vote!

LegacyArkGames
October 1st, 2020, 18:09
Here is my current schedule of openings! Please feel free to inquire with me via Discord DM or on my Discord channel at https://discord.gg/Kd7ZnSu

If a day of your preference isn't open or doesn't yet have my minimum of four PCs to join, please do still hop onto the Discord! I can place you on that day's list and, when things open up or we have enough players, you'll be ready to go. I try to pair up loners so that your games get started ASAP. I also welcome premade groups of players!

MONDAYS: No Openings
TUESDAYS: 1pm-5pm, Module Not Decided, 0 Signups
WEDNESDAYS: 1pm-5pm, Module Not Decided, 0 Signups // 7pm-11pm, Module Not Decided, 0 Signups
THURSDAYS: 7pm-11pm, Module Not Decided, 0 Signups
SUNDAYS: 7pm-11pm, Rime of the Frostmaiden, 4 Signups - Start Pending, Room for Two More PCs!

LegacyArkGames
October 2nd, 2020, 19:07
My Sunday game still has 1-2 slots remaining for those who would like to join! It will be an expanded Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign (homebrew content added for your explorations), with the possibility as in all of my campaigns for clients who stay through the end of the module to continue on into other modules/campaigns with your existing characters. I'd love to have you remain in my community and to have your characters build a legacy together!

Interested? Questions? Just DM me at Legacy Ark Games#0725 or visit my campaign Discord channel at https://discord.gg/CBweaPd

NOTE: The schedule posted above is current and will be kept updated. If you don't fit for Sunday, I can always place you under another day and try to gather people for your campaign of choice into it! Thanks!