PDA

View Full Version : Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display

MadNomadGM
September 29th, 2020, 00:27
Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display for 5e

*Updated to Forge*

Price: $5

Description:
Add visuals to your character sheet to show item or ability based stat changes, adv or dis, temporary Max HP adjustments, Save bonuses, etc. Also supports easy effect removal and new effect codes to adjusting max HP and speed.

Product Link:
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/138/view

bmos
September 29th, 2020, 00:50
Nice job! You might want to add a 5E tag.

MadNomadGM
October 1st, 2020, 01:36
Updated to version 1.4 today. If you experienced any bugs on release, this should address them all.

MadNomadGM
October 8th, 2020, 17:43
Latest update 1.10 is out in DMs guild. This really polishes it. The mini grouped action effect buttons are now synced with main effect button and removing effects in CT will auto update button icons. Also prevents Druids from getting stats out of sync when using One Click Druid and this extensions. However, does, for now, require druids reapply stat impacting effects after shapeshift.

LordEntrails
October 15th, 2020, 16:47
Installed this for the first time last night and my players are loving it. One of them made the comment something like "Developed by someone who actually plays the game!"

dpurkis
October 16th, 2020, 22:44
Installed it today on FGU and it seems to work fine, with the exception of the color highlights ie if strength is adjusted or the line through an effect on the character sheet if it used. Might be a unity thing or a me thing

MadNomadGM
October 16th, 2020, 22:58
Installed it today on FGU and it seems to work fine, with the exception of the color highlights ie if strength is adjusted or the line through an effect on the character sheet if it used. Might be a unity thing or a me thing

Do you know which effect was giving you trouble? There's some minor issues with shape shifting stuff where remove button doesn't show up but if it's from something else let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out.

dpurkis
October 16th, 2020, 23:01
Fast Reply! When changing to brown bear form, the STR does change to 19. Just does not turn green and there is not a line through the effect on the actions page

bmos
June 11th, 2021, 13:10
I was doing some testing of this and noticed that conditionals are not checked.
So "IF: ALIGN(good); SAVE: 2" on an evil character shows a green box on the sheet although rolling the save doesn't show a bonus being added.

MadNomadGM
June 11th, 2021, 16:55
I was doing some testing of this and noticed that conditionals are not checked.
So "IF: ALIGN(good); SAVE: 2" on an evil character shows a green box on the sheet although rolling the save doesn't show a bonus being added.

Thanks I'll look into that. Probably has something to do with the Align(good) part, my extension may not be handlign that right.

Ethkazin
June 22nd, 2021, 22:09
Does this extension work with Constitutional Amendments?

Mad Nomad
June 23rd, 2021, 01:24
It requires a 3rd free extension that makes them work together that was developed by Scried Raven. I don't have the link to it handy but I think if you search the forum or the COnstitutional Amendments thread you will see it.

Ethkazin
June 23rd, 2021, 03:15
thank you

Milmoor
June 26th, 2021, 09:47
Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61349-Mad-Nomad-s-Character-Sheet-Tweaks&p=540075&viewfull=1#post540075)to ScriedRaven's extension.

graphil
August 15th, 2021, 14:14
Does this require going through all existing effects to change them the new effect codes that alter the character sheet? How does it interact with your Automatic actions?

Mad Nomad
August 16th, 2021, 14:31
Does this require going through all existing effects to change them the new effect codes that alter the character sheet? How does it interact with your Automatic actions?

No. Should work with existing effect coding. And works with Automatic Actions. There may be a few misc spells or effects that have different coding for speed but that's about it.

graphil
August 18th, 2021, 10:21
So just to understand how it works. I equip a belt of giant strength which via automation adds STR: -10;STR: 16 to the combat tracker. Does your extension convert these into a STRMAX effect automatically?

Mad Nomad
August 18th, 2021, 13:18
So just to understand how it works. I equip a belt of giant strength which via automation adds STR: -10;STR: 16 to the combat tracker. Does your extension convert these into a STRMAX effect automatically?

I don't know where that effect coding you are referencing comes from. Is it a 3rd party extension or mod that has determined that effect coding for the belt? Robs effects for giants belt don't look like that last I saw. And I don't know why it would be STR-10; STR:16? That is effectively same as STR:6, so why have both? I also am not familiar with STRMAX, is that a 3rd party extension coding?

But if you added an effect that read STR:6, it would add 6 to your strength and raise your stat 6 points on character sheet. That is the only FG native coding for impacting your strength. Then when you removed the belt, it would return your strength to its initial value.

Or if you used automation with rob's effect codes, and added a shield+2, it would update your characters AC value and highlight it green. IT would work with non Rob based effects and automation, but only if the effects that are created use the same standard FG effect codes related to stats and AC and Sav and checks. Some extensions might add alternate codes, but it wont update the character sheet based on those.

graphil
August 18th, 2021, 18:49
That adjustment has come from the automated effects extension. I decided to get that one since it also supported lighting and cursed items.
Sorry, I meant STRMNM not STRMAX. From the video it seems it does change these from the action entries as it moves over to the combat tracker.
What I'm basically trying to work out is how compatible this is going to be with automated effects since it looks really great and would love to use it.

Darth Jerod
September 6th, 2021, 11:53
So I just noticed that this is no longer on DMsGuild and is on the Forge and I have to pay for it again? That is a nice double dip is it not?

Mad Nomad
September 6th, 2021, 15:27
So I just noticed that this is no longer on DMsGuild and is on the Forge and I have to pay for it again? That is a nice double dip is it not?

No choice on my part. Forced to move it. But also not a double dip. You still have it right? No need to get the forge version. Updates will still be made on dms guild for foreseeable future and you can find it in your purchase history on dms guild. Just new ppl can't get it there.

DameonK
March 13th, 2022, 12:33
Hi Mad Nomad.
I'm not sure if you're still actively developing this extension, but it would be nice to have a way to disable the action tab modifications.
This extension doesn't work well if a single action has more than 1 persistent effect. The "toggle off" icon shows up on all effects even if only 1 has been applied.

BushViper
March 18th, 2022, 05:35
Hi Mad Nomad.
I'm not sure if you're still actively developing this extension

lol, touche.

Mad Nomad
March 18th, 2022, 11:31
Hi Mad Nomad.
I'm not sure if you're still actively developing this extension, but it would be nice to have a way to disable the action tab modifications.
This extension doesn't work well if a single action has more than 1 persistent effect. The "toggle off" icon shows up on all effects even if only 1 has been applied.

Replied directly to posted but fur others benefit...
Will look into that option. But some work around are to give the multiple effect lines different names like effect name1 vs 2 and then it will address this.

Fingersome
January 17th, 2024, 01:05
I have noticed a bug caused by this extension - it's quite a small visual bug to do with action button alignment.
The buttons for each action under the Actions tab seem to align themselves into vertical columns with a single button of distance between each button.
I've confirmed that this is caused by this extension by disabling everything else except this extension and MNM Core, and creating a fresh campaign, and a brand new character sheet, shown below.

Mad Nomad
January 17th, 2024, 01:24
I have noticed a bug caused by this extension - it's quite a small visual bug to do with action button alignment.
The buttons for each action under the Actions tab seem to align themselves into vertical columns with a single button of distance between each button.
I've confirmed that this is caused by this extension by disabling everything else except this extension and MNM Core, and creating a fresh campaign, and a brand new character sheet, shown below.

If you are referring to the space between the mini buttons, it's intentional, to give room for the remove effect button that can appear if the button applies an effect. There was no easy way to update the location and give space for the remove effect button other than that.