PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Card Effects: Dark Bargain

Minethulhu
September 29th, 2020, 00:00
The Dark Bargain Adventure card says (amongst other things) the following:

Draw an Adventure Card immediately and increase the number you may draw and play by one forever.

However, I see no obvious way to make this part permanent. My two obvious options:

1. Create a new edge and manually deal an extra adventure card to the player in question at the start of each game. (This seems to be me going into the Adventure Card module and randomly grabbing a card from the list and giving to the player.)

2. Give the player the Destiny's Child edge. While this fixes automation, I have no easy way to denote this is from the Dark Bargain adventure card. (If I modify the name Destiny's Child or the [Adventure Card +1] entry, it breaks the automation. If I edit the description on the character sheet, this changes the entry for the Destiny's Child edge.)

I did try to make a new edge that duplicates everything I can see for the Destiny's Child edge, but it doesn't seem to have the automation tied to that part.

Am I missing something and/or did I fat finger my attempt to recreate the effect of Destiny's Child?
Is there some other / better way to automate permanently giving the player an extra advanture card at game start per the Dark Bargain card's instructions?

EDIT: I should note that it appears if i modify either Name: Desitny's Child or Notes: [Adventure Card +1], it breaks the automation of dealing the extra adventure card. For now I've just added an entry below the Destiny's Child descriptions saying essentially Dark Bargain == Destiny's Child + Bad Luck (major).

Mgrancey
September 29th, 2020, 17:29
If Destiny's Child has an effect [Adventure Card +1], you should be able to add under abilities or Edge. Make a new one, name it Dark Deal and just put that in the effects suggestion. Don't have adventure cards so can't test it.

mac40k
September 29th, 2020, 20:49
This functionality is working in FGC. I was able to drag and drop the Destiny's Child Edge onto a character which provides the extra card and verify that it did so. Then I changed the name of the Edge on the Character sheet and it still worked. Next I deleted the Edge from the character sheet. I then manually created a new entry on the character sheet in the Edge section and added the [Adventure Card +1] code to the line below the Edge name and it also worked.

Minethulhu
September 29th, 2020, 21:59
I did try a new ability with [Adventure Card +1] and it didn't work, so for whatever reasons decided this wouldn't work as an edge. My only excuse is it was after 1AM when I posted. Will retry and confirm this works with as a new Edge. That should be sufficient to avoid confusion.

I personally am not sure that one less starting fate chip (Bad Luck) offsets one extra drawn / usable adventure card, so I guess it is indeed a Dark Bargain.