PDA

View Full Version : Help with weapon damage / critical damage

Aescleal
May 6th, 2007, 16:29
Hi All,
I'm a little confused and need your help.

How does this work from the combat sheet/tab?
I add a weapon and name it "Warhammer".
It's +1 so I add that into bonus.
I pull a d20 dice into #atk.
Then I pull a d8 into Damage/Critical. [d8|0]

Now I'm confused.
Damage/Critical is [d8|0]. I know if I increase the 0 to say, +1, then the dice will have a +1 appended to it. Great, so I can have an additional bonus? (that's not really clear when filling it in.) Am I doing this right?

Now, below Damage/Critical there are 2 more fields. <<crit>> <<x>>
How do these work? I can manually enter 19-20 and x2 for example, but how do these get applied? Or am I doing something wrong here? I was thinking they would be applied automatically but that's now working out.

Can anybody help explain these so I understand? :)

Thanks,
Aescleal

Callum
May 6th, 2007, 17:30
I add a weapon and name it "Warhammer". It's +1 so I add that into bonus. I pull a d20 dice into #atk. Then I pull a d8 into Damage/Critical. [d8|0]

Now I'm confused.

Damage/Critical is [d8|0]. I know if I increase the 0 to say, +1, then the dice will have a +1 appended to it. Great, so I can have an additional bonus? (that's not really clear when filling it in.)
That's where you put the damage bonus. The earlier "bonus" is the attack bonus. (So if it's a +1 warhammer, you need to put +1 in both boxes. Of course, these bonuses could also be modified by your Strength, relevant feats, etc.)

Now, below Damage/Critical there are 2 more fields. <<crit>> <<x>>
How do these work? I can manually enter 19-20 and x2 for example, but how do these get applied? Or am I doing something wrong here? I was thinking they would be applied automatically but that's now working out.
What you're doing here is correct! These fields just act as reminders of what your threat range and critical multipliers are - they have no automatic effect on your rolls.

Illrigger
May 7th, 2007, 20:16
A nice update would be a toggle that lets you have it auto-apply your STR mod to the damage mod box. It could be a simple as a 4-position toggle (none/.5/1/1.5), but would make life MUCH easier for handling buffs. My cleric had a fun time this weekend with buffs that got to be tiring in a big hurry:

1. Cast Divine Might, adjust stat mods, manually adjust weapon damage.
2. Cast Divine Power, adjust stat mods, manually adjust weapon damage again.
3. Cast Divine Favor, manually adjust weapon bonus and damage.
4. Target casts dispel, successfully affects Divine Power but not the others, manually adjust weapon damage.

You get the picture. If the damage mod from STR were auto-fill, it would make life a LOT easier for us; if it did, I would only have had to adjust the weapon damage mod once in the above scenario. For now, I'm planning on just having separate weapons pre-made with the adjustments already in to speed things up.

I'm going to put the above in as a feature request in the HoH :)

Traamros
May 10th, 2007, 20:04
Thanks your question helps me too :D