PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbane Dirge

Seems
September 28th, 2020, 21:39
Is there a way to program the effect for Ghostbane Dirge as a spell action? The spell description reads:

"The target coalesces into a semi-physical form for a short period of time. While subject to the spell, the incorporeal creature takes half damage (50%) from nonmagical attack forms, and full damage from magic weapons, spells, spell-like effects, and supernatural effects."

I know Kelrugem's extension has ghost bane as an effect, but I'm not sure that helps since it only pertains to weapons. I could manually remove the incorporeal effect from an affected monster, but that won't account for the 50% damage from nonmagical attacks. Not a huge deal if that's the best I can do, but I'm trying to set things up as easily as possible for my players.

bmos
September 29th, 2020, 00:44
Is there a way to program the effect for Ghostbane Dirge as a spell action? The spell description reads:

"The target coalesces into a semi-physical form for a short period of time. While subject to the spell, the incorporeal creature takes half damage (50%) from nonmagical attack forms, and full damage from magic weapons, spells, spell-like effects, and supernatural effects."

I know Kelrugem's extension has ghost bane as an effect, but I'm not sure that helps since it only pertains to weapons. I could manually remove the incorporeal effect from an affected monster, but that won't account for the 50% damage from nonmagical attacks. Not a huge deal if that's the best I can do, but I'm trying to set things up as easily as possible for my players.I think with Kelrugem's extensions there is a way. Something like "NIFTAG: spell; HRESIST" perhaps? I'm not entirely sure of the syntax and I'm actually not sure if magic weapons get a tag added... Check the pdf at the bottom of this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions&p=452700&viewfull=1#post452700) for the documentation. It might answer those questions.