PDA

View Full Version : Inventory management

Zedleppin87
September 28th, 2020, 17:35
Hey guys, I am relatively new to fantasy grounds and I am GMing a couple games. However I am not familiar with the extent of character customization that you can do or even how can manage a few features.
On that note I have a character who wants to play an Alchemist for PF1E and will be needing to have a variable number of potions, bombs and other splash weapons. What is the best way to manage the ammo, and all the components of these items for combat and inventory purposes?

LordEntrails
September 28th, 2020, 17:45
Two ways, track inventory on the character inventory (this will also track weight).
For 'weapons' add the items as weapon actions and give then corresponding actions (damage, effects, etc) and set them as consumable and set hte ammo amount. (this will not adjust weight)

Zedleppin87
September 28th, 2020, 17:48
Does this work for wands as well??

Bonkon
September 28th, 2020, 17:51
Good Day Zedleppin87 :)
I find potions and such easiest to manage as a power on the Actions Tab. Click the edit button on the lower right portion of the tab and create a power for whatever effect, heal, or damage you want then set the number of uses so as they get used up they tick them off. When they make more just clear the uses ticks.

This is how it works in 5E, I am not sure about PF1E, but if you ask in that section of the boards you might get a more specific answer to the game system. :)

EDIT: Doh!! Beat to the punch by LordEntrails :) :bandit:

LordEntrails
September 28th, 2020, 18:01
MOD: moved to PF1e forums.

Yes, this works for wands as well. Folks here in the sub-forum can give you specific PF answers (if different than general FG usage).

Zedleppin87
September 28th, 2020, 18:04
Thank you so much.

bmos
September 29th, 2020, 00:37
rmilmine's Advanced Character Inventory Manager for 3.5E and Pathfinder (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57819-Advanced-Character-Iventory-Manager-for-3-5E-and-Pathfinder) extension.
If you play a game with a lot of potions, wands, scrolls, etc you should check out this extension. It will automatically add them to the actions tab with the appropriate caster level and such when they are equipped and remove it from the actions tab (to keep it neat) when they are unequipped.

rweiher
September 30th, 2020, 18:33
rmilmine's Advanced Character Inventory Manager for 3.5E and Pathfinder (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57819-Advanced-Character-Iventory-Manager-for-3-5E-and-Pathfinder) extension.
If you play a game with a lot of potions, wands, scrolls, etc you should check out this extension. It will automatically add them to the actions tab with the appropriate caster level and such when they are equipped and remove it from the actions tab (to keep it neat) when they are unequipped.

I also recommend this extension. Makes inventory and ability management so much easier.