PDA

View Full Version : Sanity Point Changes In The Combat Tracker

grimmlock
September 27th, 2020, 03:54
I’m curious if this is a bug or working as intended.

Sanity Point adjustments in the CT do not update the character sheet or the party sheet.

Is there a special way to set them up to be rolled where changes will be reflected from the CT to the other areas?

This is using FGC 3.3.11 and FGU 4.0.0 (2020-09-24) with the most recent version of the rule set.

ianmward
September 27th, 2020, 04:11
I’m curious if this is a bug or working as intended.

Sanity Point adjustments in the CT do not update the character sheet or the party sheet.

Is there a special way to set them up to be rolled where changes will be reflected from the CT to the other areas?

This is using FGC 3.3.11 and FGU 4.0.0 (2020-09-24) with the most recent version of the rule set.

Hi grimmlock,

Thanks for reporting this. I’ll take a look and see what’s going on.

osarusan
September 29th, 2020, 04:01
Not just Sanity. I have this issue with HP as well.

If I drag damage on to a person in the combat tracker, it doesn't update their HP on their sheet the same way it does in the D&D/core rulesets. This ends up adding some confusion when a player tries to manually update their HP total.

I hope this isn't hijacking; I just realized that the Sanity issue mentioned above also occurs with HP.

grimmlock
September 29th, 2020, 11:57
Not just Sanity. I have this issue with HP as well.

If I drag damage on to a person in the combat tracker, it doesn't update their HP on their sheet the same way it does in the D&D/core rulesets. This ends up adding some confusion when a player tries to manually update their HP total.

I hope this isn't hijacking; I just realized that the Sanity issue mentioned above also occurs with HP.

Damage works if it is with damage dice from an attack, but if you just throw some dice and use that, then it doesn't. I figured, since more than likely most HP loss would come from rolling damage dice, it's probably working as intended.

ianmward
September 29th, 2020, 22:41
Damage works if it is with damage dice from an attack, but if you just throw some dice and use that, then it doesn't. I figured, since more than likely most HP loss would come from rolling damage dice, it's probably working as intended.

Thanks for clarifying that. I will check both.

ianmward
October 3rd, 2020, 09:27
I have sent a fix to SmiteWorks. It should go into TEST on Tuesday.

Please let me know if it works for you or if it causes other problems.

Ian

osarusan
October 8th, 2020, 09:46

Thanks for pointing that out. I do occasionally just throw dice, esp. when I'm winging it or using stuff from a print module that hasn't been imported into FG.

It's kind of disappointing that it doesn't work that way, but at least there's an understandable logic to it.

ianmward
October 8th, 2020, 12:39
Thanks for pointing that out. I do occasionally just throw dice, esp. when I'm winging it or using stuff from a print module that hasn't been imported into FG.

It's kind of disappointing that it doesn't work that way, but at least there's an understandable logic to it.

The fix should allow this to work, though you might not get notification of special condutions, like major wounds if you do.

grimmlock
October 8th, 2020, 13:43
I updated the CoC ruleset, and I can drag die rolls in chat to the combat tracker to update Sanity, HP, and MP where they update properly, which is awesome and wonderful, however, I don't think Frankie should be able to have 103 Sanity, 21 Hit Points, and 26 Magic Points.

https://i.imgur.com/0SxUj1s.png

I rolled a die, and then Ctrl+Dragged the roll from chat to the combat tracker, and I was allowed, on HP, MP, and SP to go over the maximum, which allowed the character sheet to also go over the maximum. Typing in the character sheet will not allow it to go over the maximum.

ianmward
October 8th, 2020, 14:11
I updated the CoC ruleset, and I can drag die rolls in chat to the combat tracker to update Sanity, HP, and MP where they update properly, which is awesome and wonderful, however, I don't think Frankie should be able to have 103 Sanity, 21 Hit Points, and 26 Magic Points.

https://i.imgur.com/0SxUj1s.png

I rolled a die, and then Ctrl+Dragged the roll from chat to the combat tracker, and I was allowed, on HP, MP, and SP to go over the maximum, which allowed the character sheet to also go over the maximum. Typing in the character sheet will not allow it to go over the maximum.

I was afraid there may be side effects... I will fix it properly.