PDA

View Full Version : how do you access class specializations

luigiHugs
September 26th, 2020, 18:16
5e. So one of my players wants to be a life domain cleric, however in the character wizard, specialization isn't available for any of the classes. It's probably something obvious, but what am i missing? any and all help appreciated.

Bonkon
September 26th, 2020, 18:27
Good Day luigiHugs :)
Does the player have the Players Handbook module activated through the Library button in the lower right hand corner? :)

EDIT: Assuming this is 5E of course :) In the future it is helpful to state what ruleset and post in the specific forum below :)

luigiHugs
September 26th, 2020, 20:40
They should have. further, i have accessed the character wizard, with player's handbook loaded, and it doesn't give me access to specializations, other than showing them when looking at the cleric class.

Zacchaeus
September 26th, 2020, 20:51
I think that might be an error stemming from the fact that the Cleric gets their specialization at first level. If I select the Ranger class for example and then click the level drop down and make it 3 then the specializations appear. Same for a couple other classes I tested. However the Cleric should see the specializations immediately on selection. I'd suggest you post here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60435-5E-Character-Wizard-Bug-Reports-(2020) so that the author gets to know about it.

Addendum; the same problem exists with the Sorcerer which also gets its specialization at level 1.

luigiHugs
September 26th, 2020, 21:37
I think that might be an error stemming from the fact that the Cleric gets their specialization at first level. If I select the Ranger class for example and then click the level drop down and make it 3 then the specializations appear. Same for a couple other classes I tested. However the Cleric should see the specializations immediately on selection. I'd suggest you post here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60435-5E-Character-Wizard-Bug-Reports-(2020) so that the author gets to know about it.

Addendum; the same problem exists with the Sorcerer which also gets its specialization at level 1.

Thanks for the link, posted there. And the same issue persists for warlock as well. Here's hoping they fix it.

Trenloe
September 26th, 2020, 21:39
Moved to 5E forum.