rh4300
May 5th, 2007, 20:50
If you remove a die definition in gameelements.xml like the following:

<die name="d12">
<icon>d12icon</icon>
<position>160,-88</position>
</die>

FG will crash.

Its possible to remove every line in base.xml - except the gameelements.xml reference.
So when creating a custom ruleset be careful when twaeking the gameelements.xml.

Any comments from the devs why FG doesnt like missing die definitions?

DrDeth
May 7th, 2007, 15:17
As far as I understand it, the dice are 3D elements in DirectX, and for that reason cant be removed? (Something along these lines was mentioned elsewhere on the forums.)

On a related note: (To the Devs)

If it is not possible to remove dice, can an attribute be added to the die elements so that dice can be hidden, or perhaps all made to look like another dice? There are many rule systems out there that only use one dice type (d6, d10, etc). I know its not a major issue to have the extra dice lying around at game time, but it just makes single-die rulesets look a bit cleaner...

joshuha
May 7th, 2007, 20:03
I could have swore this was something the devs at one point said would be in Fg 2 but during the beta I asked about this a couple times and never got a response. Just a tag to hide them or make them invisible would work.

I am guessing though since they are being rendered probably when the software is loading they have to dig through some of their graphics code to fix it which may not be an easy task.

Sigurd
May 7th, 2007, 20:46
They may have bought some of this code and it may be a black box to them. We don't know.

DrDeth
May 10th, 2007, 08:15
Is it possible to delete a die definition, but replace it with a customdie of the same name??