PDA

View Full Version : LFP - newish player, pacific time

Snails
September 25th, 2020, 19:18
Hey I'm Josh. I live in British Columbia, Canada (pacific time 6PMish and up). 30 years old, pretty mature but fun loving. I respect all peoples.
I've played a few sessions of some 3.5e D&D probably 10 years ago. I like pc rpg games, especially the turn based ones. Icewind Dale, ToEE, Wasteland, Fallout/Elder Scrolls. I'm not a very good role player, I don't think I've really done anything like it, but I think I'll get comfortable and better at it.

I'm wanting to play something like D&D with a medieval fantasy/magic setting, or Call of Cthulu horror/mystery type game. I like combat, but I think I would prefer a more exploration/investigation/puzzle type adventure. I think I would prefer a published module to start with, but that's not really important. If we all click and things are good, I would prefer a multi session campaign, starting at level 1 or a basic character if it's a classless or level-less system.

In conclusion, I have a webcam and mic, I'm pretty open to any day, but I would prefer it later in the day, PDT. Looking for a fairly simple world/plot with simple characters. I'd rather start off as a nobody clearing rats out of a wine cellar, than a powerful character on a quest to slay a god or something epic like that.

DealBreaker
September 26th, 2020, 05:18
Hi, keep looking and I'm sure you will (eventually) find what you are loking for. One important note though: LFP stands for 'looking for players' (at least on this forum) and your post very much sounds as if you are looking to join a game. If that is is the case (you are looking to join a game as a player rather than start a game as a DM) then you should post an LFG (i.e., looking for group/game).

Snails
September 26th, 2020, 20:44
Haha thanks DealBreaker, I thought it was looking for party. I think I just outed myself as a noob =)

Lawdog
September 30th, 2020, 08:22
An easy mistake what you want to put is LFG(looking for group). Hope this helps. And yes just keep looking, sooner or later you will get picked up by a group.