PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut Keys - "Show GM Rolls"

TheFabulousIronChef
September 25th, 2020, 18:47
Is there any way to selectively toggle "Show GM Rolls" on and off without having to go to Options every time, like a shortcut key? Running GURPS (technically Dungeon Fantasty RPG powered by GURPS) and would like the attack rolls to be hidden (because otherwise players will subconsciously metagame when they know the opponent's skill) but not damage rolls (I want them to know how much damage the opponents do--it helps them gauge the risk). I am thinking of switching from Roll20. There are so many, many things that FGU appears to do better. Lacking a command line switch for this--as best I can tell--is a little frustrating.

Hopefully it can be done and I'm just missing it.

EDIT: I should say that as I am continuing to explore this, I see that I can drag rolls to the Dice Tower, which is fine in general, but the issue that really comes up is using the shortcut keys (F1-F12 and such), and it's not clear how I could use those keys and the dice tower simultaneously.

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2020, 19:54
I don't think you can drag an option to the hot bar or a hidden die tower roll.

I think you are either going to have Show GM rolls on and use the dice tower, or turn show rolls off for all rolls.

Zacchaeus
September 25th, 2020, 19:55
There isn't a way to hot key the options - the only way is to change them in options.

If show results to clients is off then the players won't see whether they hit or not but it doesn't affect damage rolls made by NPCs. If you on the other hand switch off Show DM Rolls to clients then the players won't see any result rolled by the DM.

You can't make a hotkeyed roll via the Dice Tower. You must drag and drop a dice roll into the dice tower in order to make such a roll.

TheFabulousIronChef
September 25th, 2020, 20:17
As it turns out, although inelegant, I can use the mouse to drag whatever shortcut I've put on the hotkeys to the dice tower, which I guess is a workaround for the time being. That allows me to just hit F3, for example, for a public damage roll, but drag the roll to the dice tower for private rolls. It would be great if there was a switch for this instead, this way we could use all hotkeys instead of the mouse. (Or command line switches). I guess I'll post that in the post for suggested features.