PDA

View Full Version : FG II: Map Resizing

sozin
May 5th, 2007, 19:18
I think the instructions on how to map resize over on this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3535&highlight=imagewindow) are a little outdated.

Map resizing is a big feature for me (using a mounted projector for tabletop game with FG). Can someone out there provide a little tutorial on how to get the basic map size from 700x700 to 1280x1024?

Thanks in advance!
sozin

Tokuriku
May 6th, 2007, 01:11
Here are the steps to make your maps the size you want.

- Open your FGII content folder (the one situated in the "Application Data" folder
- Make sure to make a custom ruleset
- In that ruleset, find and open: "adventure_images.xml" in you favorite text editor (I use Notepad ++)
- Change the code in red to he values you want.
- Save
- Reload your campaign

<windowclass name="imagewindow">
<datasource>image</datasource>
<frame>imagebox</frame>
<sharable />
<minimize>minimized_image</minimize>
<sizelimits>
<dynamic>
<hostcontrol />
</dynamic>
<maximum>
<width>700</width>
<height>700</height>
</maximum>
<minimum>
<width>200</width>
<height>200</height>
</minimum>
</sizelimits>
<tooltip>
<field>name</field>
</tooltip>
<sheetdata>
<imagecontrol name="image">
<bounds>20,22,-26,-27</bounds>
<indicators>
<availability>indicator_sent</availability>
<locked>indicator_locked</locked>
<loading>indicator_loading</loading>
<zoom>indicator_zoom</zoom>
<shortcuts>indicator_shortcuts</shortcuts>
</indicators>
<shortcut>
<icon>pin</icon>
<hotspot>2,21</hotspot>
</shortcut>
<drawingdefaultsize>500,500</drawingdefaultsize>
<script file="scripts/imagewindow_image.lua" />
</imagecontrol>
<scrollercontrol>
<bounds>-70,-75,40,38</bounds>
<target>image</target>
<button>
<normal>button_scrollerpan</normal>
<pressed>button_scrollerpan_down</pressed>
<zoom>button_zoomer</zoom>
<zoompressed>button_zoomer_down</zoompressed>
</button>
</scrollercontrol>
<viewerlist>
<anchored>
<left>
<anchor>left</anchor>
<offset>21</offset>
</left>
<bottom>
<anchor>bottom</anchor>
<offset>-27</offset>
</bottom>
</anchored>
</viewerlist>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

sozin
May 6th, 2007, 05:01
thanks, worked like a charm. I guess I have some concerns tho'.

I had to create my own custom ruleset just to override one small user interface feature. (not to mention change all my existing campaigns to point at this new ruleset.) seems like overkill. is there a way to override _just_ the adventure_images.xml file, either for each campaign, or change it directly for the d20 ruleset? I see that there is a $campaignName/rulesets folder, and I tried putting just the adventure_images.xml in that folder, hoping that it would override the default one, but it didn't ...

thanks again

sozin

Sigurd
May 6th, 2007, 05:45
The suggestion to create your own seperate rule set is mostly good housekeeping. The vanilla ruleset is going to be modified and overwritten by updates with the assumption that its vanilla.

You will save yourself more headache if you run _any_ modifications in a copied ruleset. To do otherwise would require the core program to adopt your modification.

Separation creates a floor from which to diagnose. It saves a lot of time in the end.

sozin
May 6th, 2007, 05:55
Yeah, but I wish I could just override the image_adventures.xml file, and not worry about any of the other stuff (since I haven't changed it).

Tokuriku
May 6th, 2007, 13:01
You cannot because it is compiled... compressed.
Make sure that when an update comes out, you know wich files are updates so you can update them in your custom ruleset.

sozin
May 6th, 2007, 16:38
yep, that's an additional problem -- in for a penny, out for a pound, as the English say :-) I'm surprised there isn't a more elegant way to do this?--perhaps a lua hack?

Griogre
May 6th, 2007, 23:19
Hacking lua wouldn't help you. What would kill you on this is the scripts changing (which would change their size). I would just wait a few weeks and then make your ruleset. The scripts will probably settle down and not change that much in a bit. Your changes are so easy you could just get by for a few weeks with just unpacking and changing the ruleset right before game day for a few weeks.

sozin
May 7th, 2007, 00:13
*nods*

thanks for the thoughtful replies, folks. (this community is awesome.)

The High Druid
May 7th, 2007, 02:10
Off Topic:

in for a penny, out for a pound

It's actually "In for a penny, in for a pound" as in if you're going to jump into something you might as well jump all the way in.

Another one I've noticed americans use a lot is "I could care less" where it's actually "I couldn't care less" meaning your level of caring is basically at zero. Odd how these things change as they travel overseas.

Tokuriku
May 7th, 2007, 09:06
If this could make you feel better, I think the reason why it is compressed now is that there where a lot of people who played with the base code in FG1 and couldn't revert back to the default settings. This way, the base code is protected :)

sozin
May 7th, 2007, 13:22
It's actually "In for a penny, in for a pound" as in if you're going to jump into something you might as well jump all the way in.

Heh, I always thought that statement meant that you get in cheap, but you get out expensive. The (corrected) expression makes a lot of sense too. Thanks for straightening me out! (Now I won't look foolish in London next month...)