PDA

View Full Version : Story Template: Tagged text with multiple column table

Challa4
September 25th, 2020, 13:32
Hello everyone,,
A new user here and I'm already messing with random tables (love it!). Right now I'm working on a simple town generator and a problem appeared:
- Can I use tagged text to show a text from a table with multiple columns?

spammer
I have a table with 2 columns: Size and Population. The first one is a simple text and the latter is a random number.
The story template is something like this: [Settlement Name] is a [Settlement Size|1] with a population of [Settlement Size|2].

Problems:
- The size and population are correlated, but FG is making 2 different rolls, which may result in incongruent outputs.
- I tried <Settlement Size|1> and <Settlement Size|2>, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2020, 17:07
I suspect you are not going to be able to do what you want and are going to have to call sub-tables rather than one master table. But it's been a long time since I've worked on any tables.

You may also want to check out this module, though I haven't done more than a cursory glance at this version, the previous version was pretty extensive when it comes to tables.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54306-Content-generator-2020!

Zacchaeus
September 25th, 2020, 17:48
Indeed, you will need to have different tables for each thing you want to do. If you call a table with multiple columns then it will roll a different result for each column.

damned
April 4th, 2021, 14:25
just another spammer