PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh...(couple issues)

steev42
May 5th, 2007, 14:09
I was loading up FG to double check whether the status of the last session had saved, or if I was going to have to reproduce the combat tracker and map status the next time we played. In the process of loading it up, I clicked the Update button, and went through that process.

Program loaded fine. But the combat tracker was back to where it had been at the *beginning* of the last session, not at the end. And The maps had pointers, and the token for an enemy, but not the PCs. I'm also having the issue of my images all being thrown back into the same tab together that others have mentioned. Glad I thought to take a screenshot before I quit last time...

I closed, then thought to try to grab a screenie of the 15'cone issue I was having last session. Went to load up FG again, and it crashed. Fine, that happens on occasion with any program.

Second time, same as the first. Except now it was telling me that it crashed in the middle of loading my campaign, so it's been corrupted. Ditto with the third and fourth attempts.

So now, I can't seem to load up FantasyGrounds. Can anyone help?

Goblin-King
May 7th, 2007, 08:05
There is a reported open issue regarding the modulestate.xml file in the campaign folder causing a crash occasionally. Please try renaming it to something else and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, please e-mail the corrupted modulestate.xml to us at [email protected].

Otherwise, there might be a problem in your campaign database located at db.xml in your campaign directory. If you have no experience working with XML, you can send the file to us at the above address so we can have a look at it.

steev42
May 7th, 2007, 23:54
Renaming that file worked well, thanks.

Regarding the 15' cone, upon looking in the DMG, it's not as bad as I thought it was on the horizontal;

The DMG states that the pattern should be 1;3;3. The coloration is 1;3;4 (with the extra being above).

Goblin-King
May 8th, 2007, 07:33
If you still have the file that caused problems, I'd very much like to see it so we could get the problem properly fixed.