PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Call of Cthulhu 7th edition?

okelmape6
September 24th, 2020, 15:02
Hi, everyone!

So I'm pretty new to RPGs. I started playing D&D 5E last August. I haven't played any other games. But I'm interested in Call of Cthulhu. I'm currently working on a new D&D campaign, but the more I read about CoC, the more I think it might be a better fit for me and my players.

Does anyone here have any strong feelings about it one way or the other? Pros and cons?

Moderator: "User" banned because they copied a question from Reddit and then later added links to the post. A known spam tactic.

Valyar
September 24th, 2020, 23:10
Those are two completely different games. The only similarity is that they are role playing games. Aside from that... totally different in every aspect. There is d20 versions of Call of Cthulhu but it is quite different feeling too, not the good one.

Eltrym
September 25th, 2020, 00:03
Hi, everyone!

So I'm pretty new to RPGs. I started playing D&D 5E last August. I haven't played any other games. But I'm interested in Call of Cthulhu. I'm currently working on a new D&D campaign, but the more I read about CoC, the more I think it might be a better fit for me and my players.

Does anyone here have any strong feelings about it one way or the other? Pros and cons?

There's definitely a lot more ROLE playing in CoC than in a typical D&D game. As Valyar said, they're completely different games. If I were you, I'd do some research in to it before making purchases. It's probably my 2nd favorite RPG next to D&D.

osarusan
September 27th, 2020, 00:12
I adore Cthulhu, but like others have said it's a completely different game than D&D. A lot of new players make the mistake of treating it like D&D, which is a surefire way to have a terrible game.