PDA

View Full Version : LOS Query Regarding Layering Images

ColinBuckler
September 23rd, 2020, 19:18
Can you place an image on top of another image and override the LOS of the lower image.

For example:

A map already created with LOS and I place a door image with LOS data in it. Ideally I would like LOS data of the door to overwrite the LOS data of the wall, allowing the door to be opened/closed and allowing the character to see and walk through.

I am trying to build a few geo-morphs tiles with LOS data and would like to be able to add doors at any point on geo-morphs rooms rather than having to draw the doors in advance on the tile.

pindercarl
September 23rd, 2020, 19:25
Can you place an image on top of another image and override the LOS of the lower image.

For example:

A map already created with LOS and I place a door image with LOS data in it. Ideally I would like LOS data of the door to overwrite the LOS data of the wall, allowing the door to be opened/closed and allowing the character to see and walk through.

I am trying to build a few geo-morphs tiles with LOS data and would like to be able to add doors at any point on geo-morphs rooms rather than having to draw the doors in advance on the tile.

If you have multiple layers with LOS, the LOS data is combined. So, adding a door layer would add the LOS data from the door, but would leave the wall LOS unaffected.

Kelrugem
September 23rd, 2020, 19:27

For example:

As far as I know, no sadly :) The attachment of LoS to layers is for rotations etc. of the tiles, then the attached LoS gets also rotated/moved and so on. But the LoS is always "on top" when it is about its visibility :) You can normally turn the LoS of a layer then off by clicking on the wall button right to the corresponding layer entry :) but that sadly doesn't help in your example, you need to manually cut the wall etc :)

EDIT: Ah, I got ninja'd :D

ColinBuckler
September 23rd, 2020, 20:29
Thats a real shame.....

:(