PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Prey Effect Question

AdrielLBR
September 23rd, 2020, 05:40
Not sure it is the right thread for it, but does anyone know how to put the Hunt Prey condition to work?
I am trying something and so far it led me nowhere

Here what i tryed:
As a Self Effect: IFT: CUSTOM[Prey]; MAP2: -3; MAP3: -6
As a Target Condition: Prey

If any of you could give a light in this matter, I would be much gratefull.

Weissrolf
September 23rd, 2020, 08:25
You are using [] instead of (), maybe this is why it does not work as intended? I would have to check the documentation, but we use () successfully. There is also no need to differentiate MAP2 and MAP3.

We are using:

Self condition: Flurry; IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey Craal); MAP:-3
Target condition: Hunt Prey Craal

With "Craal" being the character name, so that different chars can use Hunt Prey on the same target. Also keep in mind that "Hunted Shot" applies MAP to its second shot despite being a single action, which can get ugly when only one of the two shots is a crit.

Willot
September 23rd, 2020, 08:33
Remove the space -

IFT: CUSTOM....
IFT:CUSTOM

However in order for it to work with a player, the player would have to remember to use the MA# buttons at top of CT before they strike.
Otherwise it will just use whats on the Character sheet.

Probably better to create a Duplicate weapon with the Hunt prey (Flurry Attack) with the modified
MA#'s

So you would have -

Longsword +11,+6,+1.....
and...
Longsword (Hunt Prey) +11,+9,+5

And the player uses the second one when attacking they hunted prey..

Weissrolf
September 23rd, 2020, 08:56
We only did the "duplicate weapon" entry for the "Hunted Shot" bow and star-knife, because the player likes to keep 10 weapons on himself. Yeah, he uses the "Hefty Hauler" feat. :D

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2020, 09:24
Moved these posts to their own thread.

IFT: CUSTOM... or IFT:CUSTOM... (with or without a space) will work. The rest mentioned above is correct.

Willot
September 23rd, 2020, 13:09
Ah? When I tried with a space it didnt seem to work? Probaby stuffed something else and assumed was the space

GMScott
June 17th, 2021, 15:40
I am invoking my Thread Necromancy powers!

I see plenty of advice on these forums talking about IFT this and IFT that, but I can't figure out what to do with these phrases. Where do I put them? What else is possible?
I would think there's a wiki, or set of videos, or some kind of help/training out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Can someone provide me with a link, please?

(Something for the total n00b. I'm familiar with things like XML, JSON, and even dabble in Javascript, C/C++, Java, etc. But I just don't know anything about how FG does its customization)

Trenloe
June 17th, 2021, 16:05
I see plenty of advice on these forums talking about IFT this and IFT that, but I can't figure out what to do with these phrases. Where do I put them? What else is possible?
I would think there's a wiki, or set of videos, or some kind of help/training out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Can someone provide me with a link, please?
These are effects. Information on those in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996643388/PFRPG2+Effects

The primary place for effects is the Effects section of an entry in the Combat Tracker. Release 18 of the PF2 ruleset added character effects and weapon effects. Find an overview of Release 18 (including some videos) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68642-Pathfinder-2-Release-18-information-thread But I'd suggest you try effects in the CT only at first.

GMScott
June 17th, 2021, 16:27
Awesome, thanks!

Weissrolf
June 17th, 2021, 16:37
Before v18 we used an extension to put the self condition on the ranger whenever he equipped a weapon and then he put the target condition on targets himself. I did not get around trying that in v18 without the extension, but it makes sense to use built-in features where available.

GMScott
June 17th, 2021, 16:42
I've got a player with a Crossbow Ace, Precision Ranger.

I got the Character Effect to work (character's name is Kerog):
IFT: CUSTOM (Kerog's Hunted Prey); DMG: 1d8 precision; First Hit

But I have to manually apply the condition "Kerog's Hunted Prey" to the target. I would like to have him be able to do that, preferably by pushing a button somewhere on his sheet.

EDIT: So that means no Flurry issues, but I still would like for him to be able to Hunt the enemy he's got targeted.

ShadeRaven
June 17th, 2021, 16:56
But I have to manually apply the condition "Kerog's Hunted Prey" to the target. I would like to have him be able to do that, preferably by pushing a button somewhere on his sheet.

EDIT: So that means no Flurry issues, but I still would like for him to be able to Hunt the enemy he's got targeted.You are already on the right track. You just have to add another action effect that the player can click to apply the simple string: Kerog's Hunted Prey

The easiest way is to use the Actions Tab and set up a Cantrip/Spell Group to apply that effect.

GMScott
June 17th, 2021, 17:44
The easiest way is to use the Actions Tab and set up a Cantrip/Spell Group to apply that effect.

Unfortunately, you've lost me here...

I go to my Actions panel and I see the two weapons the player carries.

Along the bottom of the panel, I see:
- A plus and minus sign "Expand All" and ​"Collapse All"
- Mode and Display multi-pickers
- Three blue circles "Add Weapon", "Add Spell Class", and "Add Focus Spell Class"
- Blue pencil "Edit List"

If I right-click within the panel, I get various combinations of the above-listed options.
I don't see an option for adding a Cantrip or Spell Group. Unless you mean Spell Class?

Trenloe
June 17th, 2021, 17:46
Some info on using the actions tab for stuff other than weapons and spell here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50802-Pathfinder-2-Drag-and-Drop-Actions-Powers-and-Spells&p=461029&viewfull=1#post461029