PDA

View Full Version : Support for Pen Tablets

kalmarjan
May 4th, 2007, 21:11
Wow. I see that my wacom works by drawing with pen pressure sensativity. Very cool.

What I would like to see is the ability to change the brush size. Right now it defaults at 1 px, which is cool if you like to draw out outlines that noone can see.

Is there a way to add in the functionality to up the brush size? I am not asking for it to be driven by the pen tablet (that would be a bonus though... :) ), but the ability to draw in different pen sizes would really make the app worthwhile.

Sandeman

richvalle
May 4th, 2007, 21:17
Adding functionality to the drawing part was something that was going to happen after FGII came out.

Probably after the much awaited documentation is done though.

rv

Sigurd
May 4th, 2007, 21:26
Wacom support would be cool. I think with all the graphics there are a disproporionate amount of tablet users in FG.

I'd love to see an achor to anchor straight line support. ie press shift&touch for point 1 and again for point 2 and there is a _straight_ between those points.

S

Oberoten
May 4th, 2007, 21:39
Straight lines and line-width are the two things I miss the most.

richvalle
May 4th, 2007, 22:13
You mean 'now that I can show the dm's rolls'.

:)

rv

Oberoten
May 4th, 2007, 22:29
Indeed. :)

In short, yes we can make maps in another program that are much better. But yes, straight lines to add details and/or explain would help immensely. :)

Especially if you are a GM that like me imrpovise a LOT. :)>

kalmarjan
May 5th, 2007, 03:19
Hmmm... I think you misunderstood my request. I understand it is rare for a DM to also have a pen tablet.

What I would like to see is the ability to make a bigger pen width, say with the [ key. This way, even a person attempting to draw with a mouse would be able to do so. Have you tried to fill in an area with the current line? Would take days... ;)

Sandeman

sunbeam60
May 5th, 2007, 10:49
I understand it is rare for a DM to also have a pen tablet.

Heck, I bought a cheap WACOM tablet because of FG! :)

Oberoten
May 5th, 2007, 16:34
Genius tablet here. Cheap and barely preasure sensitive. But workable. :)