PDA

View Full Version : Map Parcel Extension [Fantasy Grounds Unity]

Pages : [1] 2

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 19:17
Now in Forge.

Map Parcel Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity) (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/157/view)

This stand-alone extension for Fantasy Grounds allows you to create inventories for maps & non-player characters quickly and easily! No additional modules are required —simply add this extension to Fantasy Grounds, and you are set!

This extension unlocks the following functions:

Give maps unique parcels that can contain any item.
Set lockpick or break DCs on map parcels, so you players can interact with them. Treasure chests displayed on the map with actual loot inside are now a reality.
Give your Non-Player Characters and Vehicles manageable inventories! Set up a mule to carry the party's mundane equipment as they travel, or give that cool BBEG a powerful artifact that is dropped upon death!
Any weapons given to NPCs show up in their actions tab, fully coded!
All map parcel, PC, NPC, and Vehicle inventories can be added to the party sheet with a simple click & drag.

Additional perks included in this extension:

Add (and customize) coin weight for your players.
If you own our Polymorphism extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61009), your PLAYERS gain access to the NPC inventories as well! Give them a NPC sidekick with a customizable inventory to follow them on their adventures!
Dead NPC/PC in CT now can optionally drop map parcel loot dumps of their inventory automatically.

Moving an inventory link into a parcel will lose any location data - because parcels don't store location data.

No read only parcel will be shown as a map parcel (just as normal FGU parcel). This is because map parcels are required to be read/write accessible by their very nature. So when saving a map parcel as a module it will have all the map parcel data - it will not show the map parcel sheet when you reference it as that read only module parcel. If you copy it to your local DB (drag drop in your parcel list to make a local copy) it will be a fully usable map parcel, because while you did not see the map parcel data in the FGU sheet (read only display) it was still there and will appear when you make and use the copy.

For Loot functionally people forget to make the map parcel "[MP] LOOT" template, or make the specific named loot templates which don't match the type or CT name, or have option to do this turned off.

NPC Armor field updates will only apply when armor is added in - DM will have to change if armor is removed and no new armor is added in.

Updates:

[See .txt file for early updates and features]

V1.32 - Feature - added option "Display Drop Items and Coins buttons" defaulted to "on". This is so that if V1.31 "Items" and "Coins" buttons in Inventory cause any kind of conflict with some other extension they can be displayed or not immediately simply by turning this option on or off.

V1.33 - Bug - New buttons in V1.32 were being mistakenly displayed on player side. Fixed.

V1.34 - Feature - Added new option to prevent PCs from dropping a loot parcel "No PC loot parcels" if "PC or NPC death drops parcel" option is on.

V1.35 - Bug - Parsing for NPC addition of weapons from the NPC main page does not work unless the text is just so. Fixed how I put NPC main page text for weapon additions by insuring that attack/damage is the very first text and if Melee and Thrown it will repeat the attack/dam as ranged with the proper modifiers. FGU still won't parse it correctly for any 2nd attacks (ranged from thrown) but will parse it correctly in the CT actions for the NPC. This parsing will work (or not for 2nd ranged damage) the same as RAW FGU does now.

V1.36 - FGU changes - updated extension to be compatible with new FGU changes to currencies. This will no longer support coin weight as FGU now does this.

V1.37 - Bug - Item and Coin buttons for V1.31 have been moved to left of treasure title to prevent being overlayed onto the coins when sheet width is changed.

V1.38 - Feature - MapParcel sheet has new option for host only that is a lock/unlock button allowing the parcel to be locked so that the clients cannot move it.

V1.39 - Bug - A MapParcel previously would replace the public share anytime it's token was updated. If the public share was removed - it would be placed back as soon as the map was recreated (during startup usually). It should always set public when its first placed in map - but should not be changed if its removed by host because they do not want it public at the moment. Now it will only set the public share when token is added to map - allowing the host to remove the public share and keep it removed till they put it back themselves. Note: If not public a client/player can't interact with it at all - and sometimes that is wanted (in my case, when I'm not ready or wanting them to "see" it yet).

V1.40 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

V1.41 - Update - Support for Sir Motte's theme.

V1.42 - Bug - was not fully taking into account all modifiers for pick/break rolls. Fixed.

V1.43 - Update - now support inventory tab in vehicles (just like in npcs).

V1.44 - Update - new option "Show Item Transfer Chat Message" defaulted to on. The FGU basic item transfer messages were changed to be optional and also display the non id name when it is not identified or requires attunement and is not attuned. The flag will not effect sheet->party or party->sheet as this as only parcel related messages are affected. The option will effect sheet->parcel, parcel->parcel, parcel->party, and parcel->sheet. If you transfer something out of a sheet without first removing its attunement then the fact the full name is shown is on you.

V1.45 - Bug - introduced bug recently that caused rolling for pick lock etc. to crash. Fixed.

V1.46 - Update - changed all default options to what I want as I got tired of updating them all. Users can turn them off now if they don't want them.

V1.47 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

V1.48 - Update - added new option "New Parcel in map is Public" defaulted to "on". Before, a new map parcel would always be public when placed in map by default. This is so the players can interact with it. But when setting up a session I have to immediately turn the public setting off as I don't want it intractable till I'm ready. This option will let me place them without the public setting applied (I will manually do it when ready during game play).

V1.49 - Update - FGU change support.

V1.50 - FGU change - the tokeninstance setModifiable has been removed from the code and now causes and error. Of course this means no way to prevent the token from being moved by the client (which this did when I first wrote that option) so will just remove that feature completely. FGU will no longer allow it so its gone.

V1.51 - FGU change - put back functionality removed in V1.50 - replaced tokeninstance setModifiable with setPublicEdit.

V1.52 - FGU update - fixed to work with latest FGU update.

[One thing missing from video is the example where I make a new Thieves' Tools Skill and place it as a skill for the character or a text skill in an NPC. That will be used if present for pick lock button. Matching in inventory and skill for Thieves' Tools is by it having the word thieves and tools in it (any case). Also, the coin weight in 5E demo video should be 0.02 not 0.2 - still, was just an example.]

Grim Press overview video from DMsG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmGO2yccSmE&ab_channel=GrimPress

My long boring silent test video.

https://youtu.be/UcKNqpZPDyI

Grim Press will be handling the sales and promotion of this extension.
If you'd like to engage with us, please feel free to join the Grim Press discord: https://discord.gg/N7MM93a

Extensions = RISK: This note is added to all the extensions I maintain. I want users to understand that extensions are code that is added to or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. I will keep my extensions working with FGU changes, and the extensions I use (listed in my FGU signature) as I have direct control over those things. I cannot make the same promise with other extensions. If I am notified of an incompatibility I will attempt to resolve it - but if I cannot I will list what the known extension incompatibilities are. Understand before you get any extensions that it comes with RISK. Not just my extensions - any extension. These extensions are also maintained by me for me. I provide them outside of my own games purely to those who wish to take advantages of things I use for myself.

Included is original text used for describing this extension - has a lot of details but really provided for reference if needed.

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 19:33
This looks pretty cool if your party has travelling NPCs with them :D !!!

What Campaign are you playing right now, cause I heard you had travelling NPCs?

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 19:42
This looks pretty cool if your party has travelling NPCs with them :D !!!

Due to ownership issues NPC inventories must be controlled and managed (though visible to player in a shared NPC) by the host. That's the way vanilla FGU works with shared NPC stuff. And why I went to so much trouble to overcome it in polymorphism - which this extension can run with - but does not have that level of complexity (or price).

So if you use that with this you get the full player control of NPC inventories but that was a non trivial thing and tied to what I was doing in the polymorphism extension. I have it - and you have it - as we have that 5E extension - but its not part of this one as this was more pure CoreRPG stuff. And it was a lot of work to weave that logic into polymorphism as it was.

Just be wary shared NPC's is pure FGU with this one - it was only fully implemented in polymorphism extension.

If you have your own thing to make an NPC owned by a player (and play nice with underlying code) then you will be able to manage NPC inventories when shared to player. My other extension is only one that I know of that does that at the moment, but as I only use my own extensions - and pretty much write them for myself - that's fine by me.

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 19:45
Hey so are you saying these inventory items in map Parcel, are easier to navigate then for the players to use the Party sheet?
Sorry just trying to get a grip on your new extension :)!

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 19:49
Hey so are you saying these inventory items in map Parcel, are easier to navigate then for the players to use the Party sheet?

They are the same - more or less. For example - I treat NPC/CharSheet inventories as the same in the low level code so they can play in all the current inventory logic. The logic and drop intelligence I had to override was because I wanted parcel inventory to play exactly like the partysheet inventory (when placed in a map - not when not in a map) where you drop something into the parcel - it gets removed from your inventory - and when you drop something into your inventory it gets removed from the parcel. Just like in the partysheet - except its the player (or host) actually dragging stuff in and out of the parcel. Once the video gets done loading youtube HD processing you'll be able to see it in there - right now its still blurry due to HD processing of it.

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 19:59
Oh.. so players are actually not able to take things from the Party Sheet Inventory? I didn't know that.

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 20:02

Also if you get it - let me know if its all working properly. Just put it out there.

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 20:03
Oh.. so players are actually not able to take things from the Party Sheet Inventory? I didn't know that.

Of course they can - they can't do that with a parcel without this extension. Its the parcel (on a map) that now works LIKE the partysheet inventory where a player can drag stuff out. I can't remember if a player can put something into a partysheet or not - but in the map parcel they can.

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:06
Ahh ok I get it now lol :P

But what do you think are the main benefits? It looks cool organisational wise, and also the LockPick and StrengthCheck you can make look awesome to me.

So If I share a normal parcel my players would not be able to drag stuff out of it even though I shared it with them, but with yours they would?

So makes it like easy access for them they don't have to go to the party sheet, but can directly interact with the parcel?

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:15
I already read you file on DMSguild, but its hard to comprehend, I'm sure you vid would explain, but its 15 min. I'm just trying to understand your work and see all the benefits it gives to the DM and Player.

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 20:16
Ahh ok I get it now lol :P

But what do you think are the main benefits? It looks cool organisational wise, and also the LockPick and StrengthCheck you can make look awesome to me.

So If I share a normal parcel my players would not be able to drag stuff out of it even though I shared it with them, but with yours they would?

So makes it like easy access for them they don't have to go to the party sheet, but can directly interact with the parcel?

For me?

I can have a variety of chests on the map at some Inn where the characters base is and they can put things in and take things out that are persistent for the campaign.
I can have a hollow tree trunk token out in the woods filled with loot that can be taken or placed back in for storage.
I don't have to EVER track a parcel as part of a story because it will be part of the map and I'm essentially a lazy DM and this was my primary driver for writing this.
When I customize an NPC I don't have to keyin or cut and paste a weapon or armor or any other item, I can just unlock the NPC editor and drop the item straight on the sheet and it will be ready to use AND in the NPC's inventory (which of course means it can be dragged in and out of things like map parcels other characters other NPCs).

With polymorphism and this I can have my players have pack animals or NPC carts, all with their own inventory so that things are properly tracked and you have it or you don't. Storing things in map parcels at home base that don't fit on the pack animals - which of course means I DON'T HAVE TO TRACK ANY OF IT AS DM....

Lazy DM - completion :)

I'm sure there are other things other people can think of with just the raw mechanics I'm providing.

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:21
Dude that is amazing, I totally get it now!!!!

Yes so the parcel is on the map and players can click on it whereas in other cases the DM would have to share it with players!!!

Thats so cool!!! :D

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:24
You should put that.. in nutshell description on your first page and dmsguild :D

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 20:26
You should put that.. in nutshell description on your first page and dmsguild :D

Meh - I have something similar deep down in it. I'm not much of a seller - I put enough effort into just getting it to work. If people can't get its use - its not a problem with me if they don't want to get it. Like polymorphism - tis only for use by the select few :)

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:26
Ahh NPC carts.. mmh so its like straight on the map for the players easy access to all their loot you mean?

Thats why players like to use NPC carts?

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:29
Meh - I have something similar deep down in it. I'm not much of a seller - I put enough effort into just getting it to work. If people can't get its use - its not a problem with me if they don't want to get it. Like polymorphism - tis only for use by the select few :)

Haha, yes I get it, but its just you have really long explanation, and I just want to know why I need this like you explained.
Then I'm encouraged to read and watch the vid :) you see

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 20:30
Ahh NPC carts.. mmh so its like straight on the map for the players easy access to all their loot you mean?

Thats why players like to use NPC carts?

Was just tossing stuff out for use. Like in DMsG where I state I'd make an NPC trap placed in combat tracker (for targeting purposes) and on the map invisible - then place my map parcel on top of it. Then I have a trap, a lock, and stuff all in one. Gist is - people have to figure out uses for themselves - my primary goal was that my players had asked me how they could get a mule to carry their stuff. Takes a lot to actually do that without me getting involved - and I'm lazy. Hence this extension. But I'm sure there are other uses people can come up with.

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 20:33
Haha, yes I get it, but its just you have really long explanation, and I just want to know why I need this like you explained.
Then I'm encouraged to read and watch the vid :) you see

Nobody needs it. It's just something handy if your lazy like me. People can live without any extensions just fine - they are an optional convenience. Which as a DM - make my life simpler. And I'm all for that.

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:36
Ok.. I never understood how NPC traps worked.. I know I can put them in the combat tracker. But I as DM have to target the players then? Or are the players targeted by clicking on the trap?

Sorry I just don't understand how traps work :P

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 20:46
Was just tossing stuff out for use. Like in DMsG where I state I'd make an NPC trap placed in combat tracker (for targeting purposes) and on the map invisible - then place my map parcel on top of it. Then I have a trap, a lock, and stuff all in one. Gist is - people have to figure out uses for themselves - my primary goal was that my players had asked me how they could get a mule to carry their stuff. Takes a lot to actually do that without me getting involved - and I'm lazy. Hence this extension. But I'm sure there are other uses people can come up with.

Is there an example in the vid how you make these traps :) ?

Ahh I found a bit more explanation on DMSguild.

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 20:52
Is there an example in the vid how you make these traps :) ?

Nope just tossing it out there.

Lets say you have a trap that is essentially going to fire poison darts when triggered. Or magic darts or a lightning bolt or a summon monster trap - it really does not matter what it is. If it helps you can imagine a pretend Orc NPC standing there with a bow and arrow - when you determine something triggers a trap - you can target the person - and fire - and roll for damage. Literally no different than putting a dumb NPC called "trap" that is invisible. If you know how to use and NPC orc - then you know how to use an invisible trap. Usually and NPC trap records a description of what it is and what types of DC rolls are required to detect/disarm it. Don't know how to describe it any better than that. DM determines trap is going off - you target and fire just like anything else. What allows a character to avoid or disable or trigger the trap? Ask the DM. They are making it up based on the trap they created.

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 21:01
Ok understood thanks the concepts in how I can use this with your extension is becoming more clear to me :)!

I'm gonna play around with your new extension :P

SilentRuin
September 21st, 2020, 21:05
Ok understood thanks the concepts in how I can use this with your extension is becoming more clear to me :)!

I'm gonna play around with your new extension :P

Let me know if you have any questions - or gasp - if it works!

vaughnlannister
September 21st, 2020, 21:06
Thanks I will let you know my experience :D!!!!

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 10:36
Hey, I love this, its so cool, that you can drag and drop weapons to NPC and they end up in their actions automatically :D

Could you send me the link or post your chest token, I found some, but I really like your chest token you use for your parcels :)

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 14:29
When I as the DM double click on the parcel token placed on the map, it won't open parcel for me? But my players will be able to open correct?

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:01
When I as the DM double click on the parcel token placed on the map, it won't open parcel for me? But my players will be able to open correct?

Incorrect. As host you have access to everything even when the Locked Parcel button is active. The player will see the parcel (in 5E the pick lock and break lock die rolls also) but will not see the contents of the parcel or be able to add things into the parcel until the Locked Parcel button is deactivated by the host. Usually because the Map Token is always accessible or they have done something successfully to open it.

Rule of thumb is host gets access to everything no matter what - and player does not.

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:06
Hey, I love this, its so cool, that you can drag and drop weapons to NPC and they end up in their actions automatically :D

Could you send me the link or post your chest token, I found some, but I really like your chest token you use for your parcels :)

That set of assets came with my purchase of the FGU Ultimate license and are not tokens I can give out (as I assumed they are part of that as a paid asset).

Acording to the untiy download installer web page for ultimate license it would have been one of these where it came from (and it would not be legal for me to simply hand over a paid asset)...

Shockbolt GMW Kit Asset Pack with over 600 pieces of art for Tiles, effects, floors and more

Saz Asset Pack with around 100 pieces of art for Tiles, brushes, floors and more

Torsten's Asset Pack with over 260 pieces of art for Tiles, terrain, markers and more

If I need something I can usually find it via a web search there are tons of free things. I even use Paint 3D to make my own when required.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 16:09
Ok!

So I have the placed the token of my parcel on the map --> I then closed the parcel --> double click on the token on the map --> but it won't open the parcel?

Have I missed something should you be able to open the parcel by clicking on the token?

I'm trouble shooting if there is conflicting extension.
Ok I just troubleshooted it with only Polymorph and Map-Parcels loaded, and double clicking the token still won't open the parcel.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 16:11
That set of assets came with my purchase of the FGU Ultimate license and are not tokens I can give out (as I assumed they are part of that as a paid asset).

Acording to the untiy download installer web page for ultimate license it would have been one of these where it came from (and it would not be legal for me to simply hand over a paid asset)...

Shockbolt GMW Kit Asset Pack with over 600 pieces of art for Tiles, effects, floors and more

Saz Asset Pack with around 100 pieces of art for Tiles, brushes, floors and more

Torsten's Asset Pack with over 260 pieces of art for Tiles, terrain, markers and more

If I need something I can usually find it via a web search there are tons of free things. I even use Paint 3D to make my own when required.

Ah Alright, well I have an ultimate licence, so might be able to dig those up.
Thanks for recommending the following assets, I will have a look :)

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:14
Ah Alright, well I have an ultimate licence, so might be able to dig those up.
Thanks for recommending the following assets, I will have a look :)

It will be under Assets (ALL) and search for "chest" if you have ultimate.

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:17
Ok!

So I have the placed the token of my parcel on the map --> I then closed the parcel --> double click on the token on the map --> but it won't open the parcel?

Have I missed something should you be able to open the parcel by clicking on the token?

I'm confused. You "closed" the parcel? Do you mean you deleted the parcel? If so then - yeah the token is there - but there is nothing behind it. If you simply exited out of the parcel sheet and its still showing in the parcel lists (public indicator should be there also as its in the map) then you should be able to close the window and reopen it with a double click all you want.

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:18
Ok!

Also, make sure your only running with this extension in case you have some incompatibility.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 16:19
I'm confused. You "closed" the parcel? Do you mean you deleted the parcel? If so then - yeah the token is there - but there is nothing behind it. If you simply exited out of the parcel sheet and its still showing in the parcel lists (public indicator should be there also as its in the map) then you should be able to close the window and reopen it with a double click all you want.

Yes so reopening it after exiting the parcel, doesn't work I just tried it with only Polymorph and Map-Parcel extensions loaded.
Little strange I see the parcel in my list there is also the (P) meaning that its shared as well.

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:21
Yes so reopening it after exiting the parcel, doesn't work I just tried it with only Polymorph and Map-Parcel loaded.
Little strange I see the parcel in my list there is also the (P) meaning that its shared as well.

Contact me in PM so we can get on discord together and we'll see what is going on - just tried this and it worked fine here.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 16:29
Solved Silentruin :)!!!!

It works when I use an image of a chest from Torstan's Assets Pack
However, I also found an image of a chest online, which I dragged into the tokens folder, then after dragging the chest from tokens folder onto the parcel and placing it on the map doesn't work, when you double click on it. Perhaps it sees png images that come out of the token folder different, so that why it won't work like that?

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:32
Solved Silentruin :)!!!!

It works when I use an image of chest from Torstan's Assets Pack
However, I also found an image of chest online, which I dragged into the token folder, then after dragging the chest from tokens to the parcel and placing it on the map doesn't work. Perhaps it sees png images that come out of the token folder different, so that why it won't work like that?

Weird - I've only ever tried tokens as assets. I know importing images are NOT assets and must be converted to show up under assets. That is FGU not me. Would have thought anything a token could have dragged in would work. Weird. Is there a log? That is really pure FGU at that point as far as I know unless log says otherwise.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 16:38
Weird - I've only ever tried tokens as assets. I know importing images are NOT assets and must be converted to show up under assets. That is FGU not me. Would have thought anything a token could have dragged in would work. Weird. Is there a log? That is really pure FGU at that point as far as I know unless log says otherwise.

Lol.. I don't know why but its working now also for the token that came from the token folder :D !!!

Wait I solved it!!! So it doesn't work for pre-existing parcels, but it will work for New Parcels you make.

I mean if you add a token to pre-existing parcel and place it on the map, a double click won't open it, but if you make brand new parcel and place it, you will be able to open your parcel by a double click.

But that's an easy fix, I just duplicate the pre-existing Parcel, and then it works!

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:41
Lol.. I don't know why but its working now also for the token that came from the token folder :D !!!

Wait I solved it!!! So it doesn't work for pre-exicsting parcels, but it will work for New Parcels you make.

That sounds like a bug - let me look into it.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 16:45
That sounds like a bug - let me look into it.

Great :) !!!

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 16:47

Wait I solved it!!! So it doesn't work for pre-existing parcels, but it will work for New Parcels you make.

I mean if you add a token to pre-existing parcel and place it on the map, a double click won't open it, but if you make brand new parcel and place it, you will be able to open your parcel by a double click.

But that's an easy fix, I just duplicate the pre-existing Parcel, and then it works!

Is there something else here? I just tried it in an old campaign I've not run this extension in before - picked and old parcel - dropped the chest in it - dropped it on map - double clicked on it - worked. There must be something unique in what you have going on there.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 16:53
Ok, I'm having a look right now!

I tested it on Parcels from my Campaign "Lost mines of Phandelver", on those it doesn't work unless you duplicate the parcel.

I just tested it on a Parcel from "Ghost of Saltmarsh" and there too it doesn't work unless you duplicate it first.

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 17:08
Ok, I'm having a look right now!

I tested it on Parcels from my Campaign "Lost mines of Phandelver", on those it doesn't work unless you duplicate the parcel.

Ok I know what it is - per DMsG suggestion to copy things you want to actually put on the map because it will change the content - you can't change the content of FIXED modules. So yeah, you drop a map token of a FIXED module directly linked into it - that will only be a token in the token field of the .xml window - it will have no DB part to it (FGU thing). The whole Map Parcel thing is that the contents become dynamic. Kind of like if you took an NPC directly out of the module and tried to edit it without making a copy. It won't let you try to do that. The token you drop out of that type of window (no DB component as its locked in module for the data) is really just the token. As if you dragged it straight out of the asset and dropped it on the map. No intelligence.

I guess the question should I got to the trouble of trying to prevent these fields showing in the window when the record is read locked like that? Tricky but I might be able to do it. What do you think is it something that will mess you up?

It's even weirder in FGU parcels - if I unlock it - it lets me - but I can't drop any data out there and no error. Kind of what your seeing when you drop token on it. It just doesn't work even though it looks like it should - you'd have to make a copy of a raw module parcel.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 17:27
I guess the question should I got to the trouble of trying to prevent these fields showing in the window when the record is read locked like that? Tricky but I might be able to do it. What do you think is it something that will mess you up?

It's even weirder in FGU parcels - if I unlock it - it lets me - but I can't drop any data out there and no error. Kind of what your seeing when you drop token on it. It just doesn't work even though it looks like it should - you'd have to make a copy of a raw module parcel.

Maybe when you hover over the Chest Icon in Parcels, edit the message to say "Duplicate Your Parcels from your written adventures mods or it won't work with map placement". Just so people know, and it wouldn't be a difficult fix.

My lazy DM request would be, for a button in parcel list like for "Lost mines of Phandelver ", Press here to duplicate all parcels in this list :P

But I don't know how hard it would be to code that...

In all I don't think its that much trouble to duplicate all the Parcels.

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 17:53
Maybe when you hover over the Chest Icon in Parcels, edit the message to say "Duplicate Your Parcels from your written adventures mods or it won't work with map placement". Just so people know, and it wouldn't be a difficult fix.

My lazy DM request would be, for a button in parcel list like for "Lost mines of Phandelver ", Press here to duplicate all parcels in this list :P

But I don't know how hard it would be to code that...

In all I don't think its that much trouble to duplicate all the Parcels.

Going to see if I can't find out if its one of these module records in the code and make all those fields invisible when it is. Still trying to find a way to do it. If I do a new version will be appearing.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 18:05
Ok cool!

SilentRuin
September 22nd, 2020, 18:17
Ok cool!

V1.1 is out there give it a try. DMsG and page 1 of this has been updated.

vaughnlannister
September 22nd, 2020, 18:54
I will thanks :)!

Nice good way to fix it :)!

Your Party Sheet Inventory Parcel Window now doesn't pop up anymore in parcels that come straight out the campaign, so its more obvious that it won't work and that they have to be duplicated.

SilentRuin
September 23rd, 2020, 19:35
I will thanks :)!

Nice good way to fix it :)!

Your Party Sheet Inventory Parcel Window now doesn't pop up anymore in parcels that come straight out the campaign, so its more obvious that it won't work and that they have to be duplicated.

V1.2 updated - wanted to have ability to easily distribute dead character/npc inventory via partysheet or a map parcel. Don't use it if you don't actually need it as it will MOVE not COPY the entire inventory of a character/npc into the partysheet or parcel you drop the combat tracker or sheet link into. Host is only one that can do it.

Kelrugem
September 24th, 2020, 13:07
This extension looks really nice, adding nice flavour :) Sadly I cannot run any game at the moment, so, I cannot try it out, but I will certainly do :) (but for 3.5e then :P No worries, I won't report bugs which are in 3.5e but no 5e :) )

SilentRuin
September 24th, 2020, 15:51
This extension looks really nice, adding nice flavour :) Sadly I cannot run any game at the moment, so, I cannot try it out, but I will certainly do :) (but for 3.5e then :P No worries, I won't report bugs which are in 3.5e but no 5e :) )

All the specialized NPC or other stuff directly related to 5E is guarded in both the .xml and .lua code to only come into effect for the 5E ruleset - so if there are bugs in one of the superficially tested rulesets I listed - for sure mention it. Should all be the exact same code except where things are unavailable for non 5E rulesets.

The only reason I did not do 2E (all rulesets available to me as part of ultimate download) is because they had already gone a different path for implementing NPC inventories and I did not want to spend time figuring out any duplicate sets of coding to fully support just that one ruleset. For sure I went a different path where I did not have to duplicate branches of code.

In any case, I'm fine with bugs. If I don't think they are a bug or a natural limitation in my ability to test on my setup in a given ruleset, I'm not shy about stating it :) Nor am I worried about looking bad if I do that. I'd much prefer someone telling me something than not - and if they can actually give me a duplicatable scenario in my setup (raw FGU ultimate license without any extensions or with the extensions in my signature) I will absolutely look into it.

vaughnlannister
September 24th, 2020, 16:23
V1.2 updated - wanted to have ability to easily distribute dead character/npc inventory via partysheet or a map parcel. Don't use it if you don't actually need it as it will MOVE not COPY the entire inventory of a character/npc into the partysheet or parcel you drop the combat tracker or sheet link into. Host is only one that can do it.

Nice addition thanks for adding :D!!! Certainly handy when an NPC or PC gets send on, no more dragging one by one items over to the Party Sheet Inventory, Wonderful :D!!!

mattekure
September 26th, 2020, 17:34
Small bug on the NPCs inventory tab. The equipment field allows you to drop items into it even if the record is locked, or if the NPC is from a locked module like the Monster Manual. In these instances, it is not possible to delete the added item and the module is not marked as edited, so you cant revert changes.
EDIT* I did just find you can remove the items from the locked record by moving them to the party sheet which removes them from the NPC record.

https://imgur.com/dSXzg3F.jpg

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 17:51
Small bug on the NPCs inventory tab. The equipment field allows you to drop items into it even if the record is locked, or if the NPC is from a locked module like the Monster Manual. In these instances, it is not possible to delete the added item and the module is not marked as edited, so you cant revert changes.
EDIT* I did just find you can remove the items from the locked record by moving them to the party sheet which removes them from the NPC record.

https://imgur.com/dSXzg3F.jpg

I'm going to have to check this out because inventory is NOT going to respect the locked tab on purpose for NPCs. But I'll see if its what I consider a bug. For sure for a player shared NPC (assuming you have polymorphism to allow the ownership of the shared NPC) it will ALWAYS be locked and inventory will still be accessible as its the combat tracker inventory record. However, if this is NOT in the combat tracker - then you might have an issue. I'll look at it. But inventory will not be respecting the lock icon by its very nature in order to operate like a charsheet would (which has no lock icon for inventory).

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 18:17
Small bug...

Bizarre - I don't even see it in the db.xml anywhere - I did not think host had access to a read only module so I'm not sure where it is even being stored. I need to think about how to discriminate here if I'm to prevent this from adding into a pure module entry. For sure I WANT this behavior from a fully owned and shared NPC (via polymorphism extension) where it actually puts that inventory record in the combat tracker entry regardless of the lock status (you can delete it there with right mouse). I also want it to be modifiable in the <npc> copy of a module db entry regardless of the lock status (you can delete it there with the right mouse). In fact, if I ever fully share the NPC it is part of the <npc> db entries. So its exactly the way I want it to be.

But as you point out - if the host is messing with pure data module entry and drops something into it - it does not give you the remove right mouse option. I actually would have thought the attempt would have failed but evidently I was wrong. Guess because the host owns everything.

As you point out it can only be removed by moving it to a parcel or the partysheet inventories (with the latest version of map parcel - as I move those myself and remove them from where I retrieved them from).

I had another part of this code guard against module references for certain operations in the last version update I did - so I suppose I could do that here?

I'll have to look. For ABSOLUTE NO QUALMS ABOUT IT in all other cases inventory will ignore the lock status as its not part of that game. Nor do I want it to be. Its purely dynamic data at all times to host and player (if player has fully shared NPC). A player will not be able to modify the inventory if it does not have the fully shared NPC option of polymorphism active for sure - but otherwise - it will absolutely ignore the lock. Only lack of access to the entire record will block it.

Which I would have thought was the case in a read only module. I'll have to look into this odd case.

mattekure
September 26th, 2020, 18:20
Any changes to a module entry will not be written to db.xml. Instead, there is a new xml file written in the campaign/moduledb/<modulename>.xml file. It might be stored in there?

*EDIT* Yes, I found a "DD MM Monster Manual.xml" file in the moduledb folder that shows the changes to the locked npc entry.

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 18:28
Any changes to a module entry will not be written to db.xml. Instead, there is a new xml file written in the campaign/moduledb/<modulename>.xml file. It might be stored in there?

*EDIT* Yes, I found a "DD MM Monster Manual.xml" file in the moduledb folder that shows the changes to the locked npc entry.

Yet if I exit and come back up its not really there - even though it is in that xml. AND if I put something else in there - it replaces that xml with that one record - and is gone again if I come back up and down. Must be a pure lua FG side effect of writing to a record you can't write to?

If I copy the bogus inventory read only module NPC - it creates a new <npc> record which is completely correct.

I think I should probably try to prevent it even though it appears harmless to avoid confusion - agreed?

The idea of having the inventory in a read only module though is to support a module with an inventory - so that stays. Just talking about removing the ability to drop things into it.

mattekure
September 26th, 2020, 18:31
Yeah. I feel like if you are going to be customizing npcs like adding inventory, weapons, etc, it should be copied to the campaign first so its a local record.

It doesnt appear to hurt anything since you can empty it to the party sheet, it just may cause confusion if they think something is edited and the changes dont stick when you restart FG. I know with my shops extension I disabled it if the record was loaded from a module and instead required that any customization be done to a copy.

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 18:32
Yeah. I feel like if you are going to be customizing npcs like adding inventory, weapons, etc, it should be copied to the campaign first so its a local record.

It doesnt appear to hurt anything since you can empty it to the party sheet, it just may cause confusion if they think something is edited and the changes dont stick when you restart FG. I know with my shops extension I disabled it if the record was loaded from a module and instead required that any customization be done to a copy.

Will do same module guard I did on parcels - stay tuned.

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 18:50

Ok - my only worry here is that I can only have this info to determine what to guard against:

[9/26/2020 12:39:07 PM] databasenode = { reference.npcdata.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual }
[9/26/2020 12:39:07 PM] dragdata = { type = s'shortcut', desc = s'Item: Abacus', #slots = #1, slot = #1, string = s'', num = #0, diceexpr = {}, shortcut = {reference_equipment:reference.equipmentdata.abacu s@DD PHB Deluxe}, asset = {, instance = }, custom = nil }

And while I feel "mostly" confident that if I have a shortcut - that is an item - targeting a module - I can toss it away for the drop - I'm not 100% sure.

Does this sound like a reasonable assumption? For sure I don't want to break something that actually is supposed to allow some database item to legally drop onto a module record. I can't think of any - but if I'm to guard against this its all I've got. Testing it now - but my tests may not be imagining something I'm not aware of.

mattekure
September 26th, 2020, 18:51
It sounds right to me, but like you say, it will take testing to figure out of there are fringe cases.

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 18:58
It sounds right to me, but like you say, it will take testing to figure out of there are fringe cases.

Thanks - lead to finding another minor bug in my drop any handle override not getting sDragType in one section that would not have really amounted to anything - so it was good you had me look into this regardless! Thanks. Should have something soon.

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 19:20

Ok V1.3 is out there - hopefully I did not whack anything with this new guard. Pretty sure nothing else should be dropping an item into module data - but I suppose someone will let me know if there is some case that does.

vaughnlannister
October 4th, 2020, 12:55
Hi Silentruin, me and my players have been loving your Map Parcel Extension :) during our last game. I was wondering.. if there would be a way in the future.. that you might want to increase the default width of the parcel.. so that we don't have to increase the parcel width, to be able to access the button to add the parcel to the party sheet inventory? Maybe you have a good idea already which won't require coding?

Thanks!

shezingzh
October 4th, 2020, 14:11
The Map Parcel can be easily managed by players and host, it also makes it easier for the GM as it easily generates loot parcel instead of the host having to go through a bunch of hoops just to create a loot parcel. In addition once the creature dies you simply dump the creatures inventory onto the party sheet whee the players have full access.

I have used all of Silentruins extensions in 3 campaigns currently. Storm Kings Thunder, Rise of the Drow, and Legacy (going into Rise of the Drow). Running 3 full campaigns with 12-18 players can be a logistical nightmare.

SilentRuin
October 4th, 2020, 15:12
Hi Silentruin, me and my players have been loving your Map Parcel Extension :) during our last game. I was wondering.. if there would be a way in the future.. that you might want to increase the default width of the parcel.. so that we don't have to increase the parcel width, to be able to access the button to add the parcel to the party sheet inventory? Maybe you have a good idea already which won't require coding?

Thanks!

I kept putting off fixing that and then completely forgot about it when I finished it up. Good spot! Fixed.

V1.4 - Expanded parcel window width to be able to fit any map parcel controls I add in.

vaughnlannister
October 4th, 2020, 16:15
Thank you awesome :D!!!!

SilentRuin
October 13th, 2020, 20:49
Thanks to Zuilin for identifying an issue when dropping an item into an NPC from the combat tracker. I had only ever tried it from the list of NPCs. Combat Tracker will add a value into the db.xml entry that it parses but it only does it when addNPC code is first dropping the NPC into the CT list. If you try to edit the NPC with the dropped items directly from CT entry it was not doing that addNPC logic. Fixed it so that chunk of logic is now being used when I drop something into the CT NPC entry. You would see a blank line for the attack entry line in CT when it was expanded - now it has the correct parsed line.

V1.5 - Fix to dropping items into NPC from combat tracker. Only the addNPC logic when first dropping an NPC into combat tracker will create a value used for CT showing the attack strings. This logic had to be duplicate if you dropped an item in an NPC that was already in CT.

dpurkis
October 17th, 2020, 21:02
I seem to have a problem using the option of creating a chest. I follow the instructional video. When the PC tries to open it nothing happens. It gets smaller it appears. After he tries it, I can not open it as well. I could have a setting incorrect

SilentRuin
October 17th, 2020, 21:39
I seem to have a problem using the option of creating a chest. I follow the instructional video. When the PC tries to open it nothing happens. It gets smaller it appears. After he tries it, I can not open it as well. I could have a setting incorrect

Not sure what your saying - if you can get on discord we can work it out. Gist is the map parcel will need to place a token in the parcel - then place that token in the map - the initial setting is Locked Parcel which only the host can unlock. The player will never see the contents until that happens. Your choice on how they open it or if you just start it out unlocked - but host must do the unlocking. The player can roll for pick lock (if has thieves tools) and strength check - which is just pass/fail attempts based on DC the host set (if any) - and then the host can unlock it if success. Or any other mechanism they wish to use to justify pressing the unlock parcel button.

SilentRuin
October 18th, 2020, 14:13

Per our multi hour search, this was resolved in discord. An FGC and FGU extension of some sort had both versions loaded and eventually we trial and errored our way through testing to find that out. Removing the FGC version fixed everything. Fortunately, this was an easy - if time consuming - incompatibility we resolved simply by locating and removing the FGC extension (it was the last one we checked naturally). I still don't understand how the code even allows something, even mistakenly, to wipe out discreet token behavior assigned to an individual token. Which once again brings up my mantra of EXTENSIONS = RISK - there is no set of enforced rules for how extensions are coded or behave. For sure if one tries to wipe out the double click behavior on a discreet token they did not create or manage (or even a button) then there would be no way for another extension to work with that.

In any case, all is well now.

dpurkis
October 18th, 2020, 16:35
I want to thank Silent Ruin for all his help, several hours to figure out it was an extension I had put in that was the issue. It was conflicting with 5E Critically Awesome Essentials, the non unity one. I disabled that one and it worked. Thanks again for all of the help!

vaughnlannister
October 19th, 2020, 12:16
Hi Silentruin, after unlocking the parcel so that my players can see what is inside, the small arrow (move parcel to party inventory) doesn't appear for them.
Would that be a feature you would might want to add in the future :D?

Thanks!

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2020, 14:37
Hi Silentruin, after unlocking the parcel so that my players can see what is inside, the small arrow (move parcel to party inventory) doesn't appear for them.
Would that be a feature you would might want to add in the future :D?

Thanks!

I would think having a player flush the parcel out to inventory was a host only type of thing. What is the situation you would want a player with that power? The idea is inventory has meaning - encumbrance has meaning (though Host has to set it when weight is exceeded) - and that players have to cart out whatever they find. NOT get a free magic "party sheet inventory" bag of holding which has no mass or any encumbrance. That is my reasoning for not allowing the players to simply flush something to the party inventory - kind of enforcing the "you pick it up, you carry it out" philosophy.

I'm not adverse to making it available to the players. But not sure I want to "enable" the idea they can get away with a "party sheet inventory" bag of holding. Convince me.

vaughnlannister
October 20th, 2020, 14:46
Hi, I see your point. I think it's nice, for the players, after they have sorted out all the gear they wish to keep to have a button, to transfer the remaining loot over to the party sheet inventory to be sold by the GM. So not to use as a bag of holding, but as a simple quick way, to allow them clean their cart by themselves and then let the GM sell their unwanted loot :) .

But ummh its just one button click so not much of hassle for the GM to do, but some groups like mine we don't use a cart out of convenience, so for us it would be ideal if they could transfer their gear to the party sheet themselves :) .

So it might benefit both groups that use a cart and groups that use it for storage of all their loot found. You could make it a rule that they have to use the cart of course.. and can only use it for quick convenience to sell unwanted loot.

SilentRuin
October 20th, 2020, 15:05
Hi, I see your point. I think it's nice, for the players, after they have sorted out all the gear they wish to keep to have a button, to transfer the remaining loot over to the party sheet inventory to be sold by the GM. So not to use as a bag of holding, but as a simple quick way, to allow them clean their cart by themselves and then let the GM sell their unwanted loot :) .

But ummh its just one button click so not much of hassle for the GM to do, but some groups like mine we don't use a cart out of convenience, so for us it would be ideal if they could transfer their gear to the party sheet themselves :) .

So it might benefit both groups that use a cart and groups that use it for storage of all their loot found. You could make it a rule that they have to use the cart of course.. and can only use it for quick convenience to sell unwanted loot.

Sounds complex. Not trying to make this button a mini game was just stating that I've seen players try and use the party sheet inventory as some sort of magic bag of holding. For sure if want it to be a cart (or use NPC mule if you have full control through polymorphism) - create a map parcel token called "cart" - give the token image of a cart - let them drag it around with them (as they can move it) on map and place it when you change maps just like a character.

Again - I don't want to contribute to the party sheet inventory being treated like a "magic bag of holding" or as you say a "cart" where it can't be robbed - burned - or anything else as its not represented as a target the GM can have NPC attackers go after.

You'll have to convince me with a better argument than "cart" as it still sounds like I'm contributing to the problem of party sheet inventory abuse :)

So if you really want to have the party manage a "magic cart" then make it map parcel like I suggested subject to all the risks of not carrying stuff themselves. For sure the ONLY time you can sell stuff is when your someplace you can sell it. Which is not anywhere near your map parcel your opening up and taking stuff out of.

SilentRuin
October 20th, 2020, 16:46
Generated new version to test to see if how tabs are being added in this extension had a compatibility issue. Users should not see any difference - except (hopefully) ones who use the incompatible extension. Basically testing to see if this works as its harmless to try.

V1.6 - changed how inventory tab is added into NPC sheet. Will have no visible effect to users but may have some compatibility issue with another extension - basically testing to see if this fixes that incompatibility.

vaughnlannister
October 21st, 2020, 18:24
Ok.. maybe it would be interesting then to have the party sheet sell item button show up on the parcel :) ? That was the main reason why to transfer the items into the party sheet, so that they can be sold. It could be so the players have the option to press sell items.. and redistribute the cash earned among them, using the other button?

In this way.. the Party Sheet wouldn't be used as a bag of holding, while adding some nice extra functionally to the Parcels the players use :) !

SilentRuin
October 21st, 2020, 18:52
Ok.. maybe it would be interesting then to have the party sheet sell item button show up on the parcel :) ? That was the main reason why to transfer the items into the party sheet, so that they can be sold. It could be so the players have the option to press sell items.. and redistribute the cash earned among them, using the other button?

In this way.. the Party Sheet wouldn't be used as a bag of holding, while adding some nice extra functionally to the Parcels the players use :) !

Yeah, the party sheet would no longer be used as the bag of holding, then the parcel would be used as the magic "I can sell stuff even when not near a merchant" :) You have not convinced me anything you are asking for is not some way to allow players to cheat the system without any governance by the GM. I put a button to sell on the parcel - and then people start selling whenever they feel like it? No. GM is gatekeeper for when selling can occur. For sure I know there are extensions out there that mimic shops and things that players can participate in.

But this is not that.

I can be convinced to add things that I would like in my own campaign - I cannot be convinced to add things that I for sure don't want in my campaign though :)

vaughnlannister
October 23rd, 2020, 09:53
Ok.. then I don't think I will be able to convince you on adding this feature ;) , but when I get a new idea, I will drop you a line :)

SilentRuin
November 10th, 2020, 19:42
I have partnered with Grim Press (https://discord.gg/N7MM93a) to handle sales and promo of this extension. I'm just to lazy to bother :)

New grim press video updated on DMsG - old one is still available here.

SmackDaddy
November 12th, 2020, 05:25
Admittedly I have yet to read the entire thread, however I would like to know if this could be used to have multiple parcels assigned to map? (i.e. one parcel per NPC sort of thing) which could be tagged/attached to the map? Or am I completely missing the purpose of this extension? For example how I have to do it now, I have to place all of the items from an encounter into one parcel but when my players loot bodies, I'd only want them to be able to obtain the parcel for the NPC they are checking, but for the encounter/map I would love to have the ability to tag/attach multiple parcels so I don't have to hunt for them. Maybe there's already a way of doing this that I've overlooked........in any case, thank you for reading and all suggestions are appreciated.

vaughnlannister
November 12th, 2020, 06:24
Yes.. you can have multiple parcels on one map, I think that was your question right?

You just have to make a separate parcel, for each encounter and place them in the respected locations on the map.

I even heard they could be linked to NCPs.. but haven't figured out yet how that could work though, there is also a new movie on DMSguild which might be useful.

SilentRuin
November 12th, 2020, 09:43
Admittedly I have yet to read the entire thread, however I would like to know if this could be used to have multiple parcels assigned to map? (i.e. one parcel per NPC sort of thing) which could be tagged/attached to the map? Or am I completely missing the purpose of this extension? For example how I have to do it now, I have to place all of the items from an encounter into one parcel but when my players loot bodies, I'd only want them to be able to obtain the parcel for the NPC they are checking, but for the encounter/map I would love to have the ability to tag/attach multiple parcels so I don't have to hunt for them. Maybe there's already a way of doing this that I've overlooked........in any case, thank you for reading and all suggestions are appreciated.

I added the Grim Press overview video in DMsG to this thread, it and the reviews in DMsG can give you a better idea of what this does.

SilentRuin
November 12th, 2020, 09:44
Yes.. you can have multiple parcels on one map, I think that was your question right?

You just have to make a separate parcel, for each encounter and place them in the respected locations on the map.

I even heard they could be linked to NCPs.. but haven't figured out yet how that could work though, there is also a new movie on DMSguild which might be useful.

This can do a lot - but linking to NPC's is not one of them :) The technical aspects I describe in my video and .txt file do not really cover what you can do with it. I've added Grim Press overview video from DMsG to page 1 here - also read review in DMsG.

vaughnlannister
November 12th, 2020, 20:49
Ok thanks.. I thought I read it somewhere on a forum (linking NPC to parcel).. and thought hey.. how can you do that :P , but lol thanks for confirming its not possible :).

SilentRuin
November 12th, 2020, 20:53
Ok thanks.. I thought I read it somewhere on a forum (linking NPC to parcel).. and thought hey.. how can you do that :P , but lol thanks for confirming its not possible :).

Maybe they had Polymorphism and Map Parcel - shared an NPC to a player - dropped a parcel with some wagon or cart as the token - then the player used his turn as the controlled NPC to drag it around. That is possible. But its not, as you pointed out, linking it to the NPC :)

vaughnlannister
November 13th, 2020, 20:42
That was it probably :)!

ZoranDob
November 23rd, 2020, 01:38
With Parcel Extension when I place a chest etc on a map the players can see it even through LOS. Am I doing it wrong or is there a setting to make it non visible until the players are within the area? Thanks.

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 01:53
With Parcel Extension when I place a chest etc on a map the players can see it even through LOS. Am I doing it wrong or is there a setting to make it non visible until the players are within the area? Thanks.

Now that you mention it - I see that too - and I'm not at all sure why a token can be seen through LOS. I'll have to figure this one out as I've never noticed that from the players side before. Not sure why this is happening. I'll have to investigate it. My guess is that my placement of the token is missing something. But not sure what.

Kelrugem
November 23rd, 2020, 01:57
you could try right-clicking the token and to change its visibility :) I think normal tokens are put to always visible :) (tokens from the CT as for NPCs are either invisible or mask-sensitive as default when made visible in the CT)

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 02:00

Ok right mouse over the token and you will see a visibility option at about 10 oclock. Click it and you will see a mask sensitive visibility option. It will appear unlocked. Lock it. Then it will respect the masking. I never knew this - and it appears its only around for DB linked type of tokens like PC's and NPC's and now - map parcels.

Question is - should I be placing this with that already set? Seems the default was placed without it set. To fix your stuff just make sure you set that - you can see it on your PC/NPC tokens also but its currently set to lock.

mattekure
November 23rd, 2020, 02:07
Yes, I think it should be set by default. I had the same issue where the players were able to see every parcel on the map, despite not being able to see any of the rest of the map.

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 02:09
Yes, I think it should be set by default. I had the same issue where the players were able to see every parcel on the map, despite not being able to see any of the rest of the map.

Even when I set it - and it works - it still does not remember it next time I come up - I'm going to need to find out what this flag is and why/how it is made persistent for the PC/NPC tokens.

Kelrugem
November 23rd, 2020, 02:13
Even when I set it - and it works - it still does not remember it next time I come up - I'm going to need to find out what this flag is and why/how it is made persistent for the PC/NPC tokens.

yup, when one adjusts the visibility settings manually, then they are sadly not persistent :) Would certainly be nice to have a persistant thing here

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 02:15
yup, when one adjusts the visibility settings manually, then they are sadly not persistent :) Would certainly be nice to have a persistant thing here

Will fix if I can figure out HOW to fix. Right now looking up that menu flag shows the message but I can't find the code that triggers it. Going to have to ask if anyone knows what it is.

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 03:57
Basically tokens have a toggle for visibility (always visible or not). The Map Parcel tokens are defaulting to always visible so they don't respect LOS and are seen by players. Unless you toggle that option. Its the same option on NPC/PC tokens where its defaulted the other way. NPC/PC/Map Parcel tokens do not remember between sessions what you last set them to so you have to reset them every session it appears if you want them to remember their last setting.

Edited: Fixed.

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 05:52
If you guys can test it at your earliest convenience that would be great...

V1.7 - map parcel tokens were visible to the player but also visible through LOS (two flavors of visibility for a token). Fixed to get visible by player and not through LOS as default.

Obviously you can still change the two flavors of visibility as with any token in normal FGU maps. And as with any token in normal FGU maps - it won't be remembered between sessions. But at least it is defaulting to what I should have been to start with.

vaughnlannister
November 23rd, 2020, 08:49
Nice :), I don't have a recent game coming, or I would have happily tested for you!
I did notice what was mentioned early on the forum in my last game, I tried hiding the the tokens, but somehow that didn't work for me.
Glad that you made a fix.. hope someone will test it soon to see if it works too :)!

ZoranDob
November 23rd, 2020, 11:23
I think the update worked. When LOS map is zoomed out I cannot see the parcels now. Thanks.

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 14:22
I think the update worked. When LOS map is zoomed out I cannot see the parcels now. Thanks.

No problem thanks for checking it out.

SilentRuin
December 2nd, 2020, 04:27
Looks like sometime in the last week something in FGU changed where the map parcel token now places invisible to the players and is only ever visible when its set to visible always (which means you can see it on the map no matter where it is).

I'm trying to find out from FG what changed and what I need to do to get it working again. In mean time after you place the token you will have to set the always visible right mouse visibility option on it - which means they can see it anywhere. A pain but I don't have much choice here until I find out what actually changed and how I need to adapt to it.

SilentRuin
December 2nd, 2020, 14:25
Looks like sometime in the last week something in FGU changed where the map parcel token now places invisible to the players and is only ever visible when its set to visible always (which means you can see it on the map no matter where it is).

I'm trying to find out from FG what changed and what I need to do to get it working again. In mean time after you place the token you will have to set the always visible right mouse visibility option on it - which means they can see it anywhere. A pain but I don't have much choice here until I find out what actually changed and how I need to adapt to it.

This was a bug (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64139-Something-has-changed-with-LOS-in-the-last-week-or-so&p=561513&viewfull=1#post561513) introduced in the last week in FGU and will be fixed in the next release. WHEW! Not me! :)

SilentRuin
December 3rd, 2020, 23:50
This was a bug (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64139-Something-has-changed-with-LOS-in-the-last-week-or-so&p=561513&viewfull=1#post561513) introduced in the last week in FGU and will be fixed in the next release. WHEW! Not me! :)

Fixed in latest FGU release v4.0.4 :)

SilentRuin
December 14th, 2020, 00:18
Not sure if something in last patch of FGU made something I had start working and revealed a bug or not - but I've fixed what I thought was a mistake in the host side of things where the combination of read only (upper right lock icon) and Locked Parcel button were not behaving properly. If token not placed in map then it should only respect the readonly lock icon as a normal parcel would.

V1.8 - When host the read only flag and locked parcel button were not being properly respected. You should be able to add/move nothing when readonly and locked parcel. If either are set in host then it should be able to add/move stuff - but only remove items when not readonly.

SilentRuin
December 18th, 2020, 22:15
The sales for this product in DMsG may soon be deactivated per this post - will let you know when that happens and when it finds a new home. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64473-How-important-to-Community-is-a-SmiteWorks-store-app-to-do-Extensions&p=565817#post565817)

plap3014
January 2nd, 2021, 12:53
Hi,

i'm trying to have a parcel in a player inventory and on the players side they can't drag and drop item from the parcel. it is always lock on the player side. On the DM side i have unlock it. do i mist something?

regards

SilentRuin
January 2nd, 2021, 14:51
Hi,

i'm trying to have a parcel in a player inventory and on the players side they can't drag and drop item from the parcel. it is always lock on the player side. On the DM side i have unlock it. do i mist something?

regards

Not sure what you mean. A parcel in FGU is essentially a self contained inventory. In map parcel this can have a token representation on the map which is accessible to players when host has it unlocked in map per video. Players have there own inventory as do NPCs with this extension. You can move things in and out between map parcels, PCs, NPCs, and party sheet inventories as host. Also as player if parcel is unlocked by host.

similarly
January 9th, 2021, 13:46
I have a similar question. On the Grim Press video on p1, around 5:38, they mention a player who has a bag of holding that's set up as a parcel to contain things.

I tried this by creating an item called (x)'s bag of holding, and then creating a parcel called (x)'s bag of holding. On the item, I put a link (pin) for the parcel. When I (as gm) look at their character sheet I can click the item, click the parcel, and open it. The player told me that they can't see into the parcel. Any ideas why?

SilentRuin
January 9th, 2021, 15:13
I have a similar question. On the Grim Press video on p1, around 5:38, they mention a player who has a bag of holding that's set up as a parcel to contain things.

I tried this by creating an item called (x)'s bag of holding, and then creating a parcel called (x)'s bag of holding. On the item, I put a link (pin) for the parcel. When I (as gm) look at their character sheet I can click the item, click the parcel, and open it. The player told me that they can't see into the parcel. Any ideas why?

Same answer, I'm not sure what you mean. FGU has a parcel. It has not changed. My extension gives that parcel the ability to be placed on a map - accessed by the player if the map parcel is unlocked by the host - with additional abilities to move things between parcel, part sheet inventory, PC inventory and NPC inventory.

I'm still not sure what you guys are asking me. Are you asking how FGU parcel works? Personally, I've never dropped a link to a parcel into an item - then dropped that item into an inventory. Obviously, I've read about people doing it (in FGU raw) and obviously the grim press person who does the video does that sort of thing also. But I suppose if I had to guess - like most things in FGU - you have to have the things shared if someone has to have access to it - made public. I assume that is what you are asking me? Why does FGU require you to make something public to get access to it from the player side?

Answer: because they want to lock down the player except in specific instances.

Now, if you want to ask me something about the MAP and how I place the parcel in it and grant access to the player or not? That is a completely different question. And something my code does.

As far as the specific reference in the video? As far as I can tell he's talking about one of his players (before my extension) had a bag of holding mapped into their inventory. And that they had a bunch of stuff in it. Now they can move things in and out of the map parcel chest they have on the map instead of using that. How you can give a player access to an FGU parcel that you may have linked into an item? Make it public I suppose. But then its accessible by everyone if they have the link or look it up in parcel.

Gist is I'm not really sure how all that FGU slight of hand with items/parcel links etc. are done as I've never done it. Nor does it have anything to do with this extension - at least as I've used it.

[As you got me curious how people do this I tried creating a parcel (without my extension) - then made a copy of "bag of holding" item and I added the link to the parcel into it. Then dropped in players inventory. As expected they could not even open the link. I then made the parcel public - and the player could access it. Then I activated my extension - the only difference being they could not access the parcel even when it was public unless I unlocked the map parcel. As designed. But as I said - pure FGU on this parcel in an item link and how to access it. Never done it till now, interesting, but nothing to do with my stuff.]

similarly
January 9th, 2021, 15:29
Ah, then I misunderstood. I somehow imagined that this would allow someone to essentially have a bag of holding that held their things. Not a problem. Still one of the most awesome extensions I own, and with polymorphism, really adds a lot. I actually have generic actions, equipped effects, polymorphism and map parcel and I really, really WANTED combat groups, but was too slow to get it. I love your work!

SilentRuin
January 9th, 2021, 15:42
Ah, then I misunderstood. I somehow imagined that this would allow someone to essentially have a bag of holding that held their things. Not a problem. Still one of the most awesome extensions I own, and with polymorphism, really adds a lot. I actually have generic actions, equipped effects, polymorphism and map parcel and I really, really WANTED combat groups, but was too slow to get it. I love your work!

Technically, if you do what FGU people do - it will work. You just make the parcel you have in the bag of holding Public (per my post edit comment previously) and it will be accessible. With the added security of the lock map parcel for the internals of it.

similarly
January 9th, 2021, 15:44
Thank you! I'll try that when I'm with my group next week!

Daniel Fletcher
January 17th, 2021, 22:58
SilentRuin: Noticed in your sig that you have Assistant GM in there with no link. Is this an upcoming extension. (if so what is on the horizon for this) Only asking because I am loving your extensions. The interfaces are clean and easy to use.

SilentRuin
January 17th, 2021, 23:28
SilentRuin: Noticed in your sig that you have Assistant GM in there with no link. Is this an upcoming extension. (if so what is on the horizon for this) Only asking because I am loving your extensions. The interfaces are clean and easy to use.

Unlike Combat Groups which had a few sales before it got put in limbo on DMsG waiting for FG Forge to be completed by SW - Assistant GM had no sales and was in immediate limbo after I made it, so did not feel it warranted a thread/description of its own till I had a place to put it up. Won't really have Grim Press make a video till FG Forge is ready also. I can show you a screen shot - basically the description will be something like follows (will include screen shot here also)...

Assistant GM

If you just want to narrate a game and have someone else share the burden of running a 5E campaign, this extension will allow a player to have full control of NPCs visible in their combat tracker. They can move/target/attack/modify NPC sheet/etc. - essentially full access to NPC just like the host. While a player can never truly be the host - this allows the GM to offload a load of work involving the actual play of NPCs. This also supports the NPCowner flag for sharing NPCs, just as the polymorphism extension does. Does not matter if they are friend or foe on the CT, you can drop an individual NPC from CT onto portrait of player and give them full control of that NPC movement, targeting(Map or CT), and access to NPC sheet to control whatever you wish. If you use the Grant NPC Access button on the host CT, you can give a player full access to every visible NPC in his CT (and its smart enough to know to keep the individual shared NPCs around if you turn off the Grant NPC Access for this user). Gist is - this will allow trusted players to help you run your game as an Assistant GM. It can't do everything - but it does enough for me. And in my extensions? That's what counts.

Daniel Fletcher
January 18th, 2021, 00:14
Oh Yeah: And friendly NPCs for a battle I can give control as if they are commanding them around in larger battles. Like a Caravan raid and they come to the rescue. Plus will save me from creating NPC characters that are just around for a few battles. Thanks I think this has been pretty high on the wish list along with spell casting stuff with tokens.
Hopefully the Forge will get here sooner than latter. (not sure if they can bring over who has purchased on the DMsGuild for all of your clients but it will be nice to have one place)
When the Forge comes are you still going to use Grim Press to market or FG will market?

SilentRuin
January 18th, 2021, 02:06
Oh Yeah: And friendly NPCs for a battle I can give control as if they are commanding them around in larger battles. Like a Caravan raid and they come to the rescue. Plus will save me from creating NPC characters that are just around for a few battles. Thanks I think this has been pretty high on the wish list along with spell casting stuff with tokens.
Hopefully the Forge will get here sooner than latter. (not sure if they can bring over who has purchased on the DMsGuild for all of your clients but it will be nice to have one place)
When the Forge comes are you still going to use Grim Press to market or FG will market?

As they are kicking all my stuff off DMsG at some point (except one which I will move also per exception as its an extension also) it will all move to FG forge - whenever that gets going. And yes, I'll still use Grim Press to market - I did no marketing originally and they contacted me - so I was fine with it . Plus if I ever drop all this stuff I have someone to hand over to for managing it after I'm gone. No plans on that any time soon but I want the option to hand it all off.

kerrigaj
January 21st, 2021, 12:11
@SilentRuin
This extension is fantastic - thank you! Do you have a place for feature requests? You may consider this in the future:
Now that players can control a parcel shared with them, this makes a very useful storage chest, bag of holding etc. Would it be possible to present the total weight of a parcel so players and GMs can track that it doesn't exceed maximum capacity of a container?

Thanks for considering the idea.

SilentRuin
January 21st, 2021, 20:10
@SilentRuin
This extension is fantastic - thank you! Do you have a place for feature requests? You may consider this in the future:
Now that players can control a parcel shared with them, this makes a very useful storage chest, bag of holding etc. Would it be possible to present the total weight of a parcel so players and GMs can track that it doesn't exceed maximum capacity of a container?

Thanks for considering the idea.

Well I only have two criteria for new features...

1) Do I want it in my campaign? (I write these for me and only put them out there in case others want to use what I use)
2) Will it take to much work? (I'm dead lazy - which is why I write these things - to enhance my laziness as a DM)

As it happens, your in luck! I do want this. And after working on it all day - I'm down to annoying anchor point logic - which I hate - but will likely have resolved sometime today. So expect a new version soon. It will be the minimal stuff I want - weights on everything (including coins) and the current total. I debated and extra field to be a dump "note" that tells what you think is max this parcel can hold before you start doing dire things to it (wagon - increased chance of breaking a wheel/axel; bag of holding - exploding when it exceeds max) - but have not decided yet if that is worth it (must leave something to DM after all).

SilentRuin
January 21st, 2021, 22:32
Show example of how parcels look now with weights - also noticed that players could not drop things in public parcels (that were not on the map) - this has been fixed as I needed that for my version of a bag of holding. Now you can see the total weight when something you decided has had enough and breaks an axel, implodes, or whatever. I think I described what I do for bag of holding things in this thread somewhere already - so my example is COS wizard of wines wagon as a map parcel.

V1.9 - Added in weights and weight total to parcels. Also fixed where public parcel can now have things added in by player.

kerrigaj
January 22nd, 2021, 12:19
Well I only have two criteria for new features...

1) Do I want it in my campaign? (I write these for me and only put them out there in case others want to use what I use)
2) Will it take to much work? (I'm dead lazy - which is why I write these things - to enhance my laziness as a DM)

Thanks so much for the addition - perfect. Also, methinks you mislead us with your 'dead lazy', comment. Anyone who develops elegant extensions like yours is not lazy!

One thing we noted was that players can remove items, but not add them to a parcel unless it is on the map. Do you have any plans to change this? As a work around, I set up a camp map last night where players did some item moving admin, and had much fun adding spurious items such as 'dirty socks' to each others storage chests. Would avoid needing to do this for them as another lazy GM... :)

Thanks for the earlier response - a fine extension!

SilentRuin
January 22nd, 2021, 15:11
Thanks so much for the addition - perfect. Also, methinks you mislead us with your 'dead lazy', comment. Anyone who develops elegant extensions like yours is not lazy!

One thing we noted was that players can remove items, but not add them to a parcel unless it is on the map. Do you have any plans to change this? As a work around, I set up a camp map last night where players did some item moving admin, and had much fun adding spurious items such as 'dirty socks' to each others storage chests. Would avoid needing to do this for them as another lazy GM... :)

Thanks for the earlier response - a fine extension!

I think you better read my comment about the “public parcel” being fixed. In other words, prove your public parcel can’t have something dropped in it if not in map :)

kerrigaj
January 22nd, 2021, 17:10
I think you better read my comment about the “public parcel” being fixed. In other words, prove your public parcel can’t have something dropped in it if not in map :)

I *think* we were using v1.9 last night. Just checking that I have the feature design right in my mind - players can only add things to a parcel if: 1) is is unlocked 2) it is on the current map. Next session I plan to test it being used in the marching order tab of the Party Sheet - has it been tested there by any chance - ie does that tab behave like a typical map?

Have a great weekend.

kerrigaj
January 22nd, 2021, 17:33
Tested this on a LAN game with second instance of FGU running and joined with 'localhost' and additions/removals both work fine. I think I answered my own question...

SilentRuin
January 22nd, 2021, 19:01
I *think* we were using v1.9 last night. Just checking that I have the feature design right in my mind - players can only add things to a parcel if: 1) is is unlocked 2) it is on the current map. Next session I plan to test it being used in the marching order tab of the Party Sheet - has it been tested there by any chance - ie does that tab behave like a typical map?

Have a great weekend.

3) if it is public (which before V1.9 would not have worked) - as in you share the parcel to players (right mouse option in parcel list)

Minethulhu
January 27th, 2021, 07:49
I've only tested this with 1.8 (which required the parcel to be on a map), but if you want something like a bag of holding that is only accessible by one player, you can do the following:

1. Find the desired Map Parcel in the Parcels list in Fantasy Grounds.
2. Determine if the Parcel is shared to the Public or not (un-share said Parcel if it is shared Publicly)
NOTE: At least with 1.8, placing this Parcel on a map will cause it to be shared Publicly. Keep this in mind if you need to move the parcel on a map or move to a different map as you may need to redo these steps thereafter to keep it private.
3. Once the Parcel is no longer Publicly shared, with the player connected and having claimed their character, drag the Parcel to their portrait in the top left of the main Fantasy Grounds screen (not their character sheet, the portrait that shows when the player is connected).
NOTE: Use the Fantasy Grounds "button" on the Parcel sheet, not the Token you have associated with the Parcel. This is Fantasy Grounds functionality that works to share other things like Images, Story, Notes, etc. with a single player.
4. The Parcel in the Parcels list should now show an S on the far right. If you hover over it, it should now read "Shared With: <Fantasy Grounds Forum Name>".

In theory this should allow Players to have private parcels.

NOTE: If a player changes the user they have associated with Fantasy Grounds, the above steps will need to be repeated. The player not being able to access their character and the GM having to release said character so the player can reclaim should be a clue that this will need to be done.

NOTE: This "might" allow a parcel to be shared semi-privately with multiple people by repeating the above steps (minus clearing existing sharing) with another user, but I have not tested.

PS - I know it is wishful thinking, but it would be nice if you could programmatically determine if somebody puts a Portable Hole inside a Bag of Holding (or similar parcels) and do something in chat (or worse).

SilentRuin
January 27th, 2021, 17:13
I've only tested this with 1.8 (which required the parcel to be on a map), but if you want something like a bag of holding that is only accessible by one player, you can do the following:

1. Find the desired Map Parcel in the Parcels list in Fantasy Grounds.
2. Determine if the Parcel is shared to the Public or not (un-share said Parcel if it is shared Publicly)
NOTE: At least with 1.8, placing this Parcel on a map will cause it to be shared Publicly. Keep this in mind if you need to move the parcel on a map or move to a different map as you may need to redo these steps thereafter to keep it private.
3. Once the Parcel is no longer Publicly shared, with the player connected and having claimed their character, drag the Parcel to their portrait in the top left of the main Fantasy Grounds screen (not their character sheet, the portrait that shows when the player is connected).
NOTE: Use the Fantasy Grounds "button" on the Parcel sheet, not the Token you have associated with the Parcel. This is Fantasy Grounds functionality that works to share other things like Images, Story, Notes, etc. with a single player.
4. The Parcel in the Parcels list should now show an S on the far right. If you hover over it, it should now read "Shared With: <Fantasy Grounds Forum Name>".

In theory this should allow Players to have private parcels.

NOTE: If a player changes the user they have associated with Fantasy Grounds, the above steps will need to be repeated. The player not being able to access their character and the GM having to release said character so the player can reclaim should be a clue that this will need to be done.

NOTE: This "might" allow a parcel to be shared semi-privately with multiple people by repeating the above steps (minus clearing existing sharing) with another user, but I have not tested.

PS - I know it is wishful thinking, but it would be nice if you could programmatically determine if somebody puts a Portable Hole inside a Bag of Holding (or similar parcels) and do something in chat (or worse).

I did not know the dropping of the link shared anything - thought it was just friendly NPCs! Should have known as I've actually modified that drop code before, just never realized. Sharing to one person is better if you want a tight reign on player access. For me there are so many ways an untrustworthy player can screw the game, I don't worry about it. I prefer to use the public in case someone else gets handed the "item" (bag of holding) in their inventory (I'm essentially very lazy and don't want to worry about it).

But yes - THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE in the world of "ownership" so if you do share it a player only they will have access - until you share it to another - and so on. The holder logic still has me confused as it appears to be written where you can have multiple players sharing it - but that is only readonly - if you set one of the holders to owner - that's it - they are only one with write access. And for accessing parcels - it's write access your after.

But great reveal, thank you! Now I know how to share to a single player for other things without having to write a special extension to do it. Plus messing with ownership is SUPER BAD EVIL DANGEROUS if you don't know exactly what you are doing and the ramifications of it.

In the end, things can make things public - and make them NOT public in my world of extensions. Ideally, you'll never notice. But I'm sure if you manually set public and other things - then you will have to be "aware".

SilentRuin
February 16th, 2021, 22:58
you must update extensions - they will have issues with latest fgu update - if you don't update fgu then keep your old extension

absente
February 17th, 2021, 07:26
I'm seeing this in the console log after updating FGU:

[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_death_indicator.lua"]:1242: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame dicetower_normal contains out-of-range values in Middle.

Minethulhu
February 17th, 2021, 07:31

[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_death_indicator.lua"]:1242: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
[2/17/2021 2:21:06 AM] [WARNING] Frame dicetower_normal contains out-of-range values in Middle.

Look one post up from yours. I expect you will see the reason for the error...

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 12:03

Why are you posting this here? Basically you need to update all extensions of mine you own. That error is from death indicators which happens to be one I maintain also. Any extension not mine you will have to disable if you get errors for till author fixes them.

kevininrussia
February 17th, 2021, 23:01
I purchased this extension and it shows there is D&D 4E support so I thought I would post this error I am getting.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a Parcel
2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:
https://i.imgur.com/eZdEqha.png

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 23:20
I purchased this extension and it shows there is D&D 4E support so I thought I would post this error I am getting.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a Parcel
2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:

I have never played it only run a test 4E campaign to see if it worked when I first wrote it. I just ran that and it did error on the onClose() when I remove the handler I had added in for it. I'll take a look.

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 23:32
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a Parcel
2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:

Basically, 4E has been rewritten to do some money stuff since I wrote this. It's basically got a new handler and clears it on close - which of course I don't have. Let me see what I can do ( I knew I should not have supported stuff outside of 5E :) )

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 23:42
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a Parcel
2. Close the Parcel

Error popup:

New version in DMsG.
V1.11 - Was not calling super.onInit() for my override which could cause issues in some things.

Was my young and foolish lua stage of learning - should always call the original onInit() - just in case. Regardless of extension or ruleset. Hopefully this works and does not mess up anything else - I need to test myself - give it a try and let me know.

absente
February 18th, 2021, 01:14
Why are you posting this here? Basically you need to update all extensions of mine you own. That error is from death indicators which happens to be one I maintain also. Any extension not mine you will have to disable if you get errors for till author fixes them.

Ha! My mistake, was a late night, this was supposed to go in the forum for that extension. =)

SilentRuin
February 19th, 2021, 17:01
Some discord explanations I've had to go through I may as well do here:

Some people expect the video to contain everything. It does not. I write these things for ME and when I need some new functionality or something I drop them in the relevant extension and I don't like a lot of extensions.
If you want to keep track of my extensions or changes to them - then you need to track the FG forums page for it and the .txt file I put in there for details (to much to put in one page).

For example - if you were not paying attention to new versions and the text within them you probably missed this (just one example I'm not reviewing them all in all my extensions)..

Map Parcel
V1.2 - Added ability to MOVE entire contents of charsheet/npc inventory over to partysheet inventory or parcel inventory. Only the host can do this and it is dragging the combat tracker link or sheet link over to the partysheet or parcel inventories. THIS IS A MOVE so do not use this unless you mean to have everything in the inventory shifted OUT of that charsheet/npc sheet. I plan to use this when a character or NPC is dead and I want to distribute their inventories in a map parcel or the partysheet. It is a PAIN to move every item one by one back into charsheet/npc sheet if you mistakenly do this - so DON'T mistakenly do it.

That is in page 1 of this thread and of course in the .txt file.

Means you can drag the CT link of something into party sheet or parcel and it empties the inventory into it - but its a pain to get back if you make a mistake!

What does this mean? Use your imagination. For example...

For NPCs I can put their loot in their inventory. Usually make a copy of the NPC into some NPC button group list and fill it up with items - so I can drop that NPC directly into CT or into an encounter.
Then when they die? I Drag the link into dead body token map parcel and drop it on map unlocked. Nowhere am I going to document this can be done. Or just leave it to party inventory to be divided up. Whatever.

Nor will I want the party to see my map parcel at times (because I don't want them to know there is something there), I stamp an image onto map that matches the token image of that map parcel.
That way it does not stand out as - look its a token! Must be something I can do something with! No I want it secret and only there if they bother to look. Like a pile of cloth in the background image. Then I can simply drop the map parcel on it when they search it. OR I could pre place it and right mouse the token to make it invisible and just make it visible when they search the pile of cloths.

Point being - I'm not going to TELL you any of this stuff. Or the stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. I'll just tell you what the extension can technically do. Its up to you what you do with the extension - imaginative - or not.

SilentRuin
February 26th, 2021, 03:15
V1.12 - Bugs in items where when doing a full transfer from NPC/PC sheet inventory by dragging sheet link or CT link into a parcel it would not copy all the items (only first one). Doing a transfer from parcel to NPC/PC sheet the coins would not be done properly nor would they be removed after the transfer. All fixed.

Honestly sometimes I think I'm the only one who uses this extension. Was always a problem - now fixed.

SilentRuin
February 27th, 2021, 06:00
MAJOR ENHANCEMENT

Turned off by default in options there is a new ability to create map parcels when you die. I'm beat - hopefully have not delivered something that breaks stuff - but will hear about it tomorrow I'm sure. This is a major enhancement described below.

V1.13 - Fixed PC inventory transfers between parcels. Fixed map token for parcel to be deleted when parcel itself is deleted. Added new on/off button on parcel sheet to signal if the parcel is to be automatically deleted when link is moved into a PC/NPC inventory. Added ability to drop map parcel full of dead CT entry's inventory (transferred completely out of PC/NPC into loot parcel) and placed in map on the bottom right of their icon coords. In order for this to come into effect you must have the Map Parcel (GM) option provided set to ON (OFF is default) in options. You must have a loot parcel template parcel defined, which is just a normal parcel with a hardcoded name. When a CT PC/NPC in the map gets a status of Dead updated, it will search for the following parcel names (case sensitive exact) in your DB in this order of priority - "[MP] LOOT <CT name>" or "[MP] LOOT <CT type>" or "[MP] LOOT". It will then be copied completely (whatever it has defined will be in the new loot parcel), renamed to "[LOOT] <CT name>", placed in the map on the bottom right of your CT entry's token, and have all of the PC/NPC's inventory transferred into the new loot parcel. Now I only plan to have one template "[MP] LOOT" in a group named "Map Parcel Loot" so that whatever copies are made go in that group. I will always make my Loot template parcels with the Unlock Parcel button active and the new delete on transfer button active. You must have a token defined in your template also for use in the map. I don't plan to put anything in the template's inventory but I could and it would be copied in addition to the PC/NPC's inventory. Setting the template this way will make it appear when something dies a loot token (I put a bag) suddenly appears to players in bottom right of dead token and they can immediately double click and start swiping stuff - it will delete when it gets a full transfer done (even if nothing is in it).

Obviously I've not gone into a lot of details but I'm dead tired and will attempt to give a better description of what you can do with with this enhancement later.

similarly
February 27th, 2021, 06:25
Wow! Super!

SilentRuin
February 27th, 2021, 07:18
Minor typo on exit causing harmless error - not worth a version number update. DMsG was updated with it.

SilentRuin
February 27th, 2021, 14:31
Loot Capability Tips:

Empty map parcels can be created if you don't have anything in your template or inventory. Just drag the parcel sheets link into a PC/NPC and it will transfer all (which is nothing) and delete it - or manually delete it.
You can turn on/off this capability in options during play if you don't always want it generating map parcels for the dead.
"[MP] LOOT" if present as a map parcel name (used as template) will insure anything that dies transfers their inventory into a copy of that map parcel with the name "[LOOT] <CT name>". It will not generate one if it already finds one in the parcel list with the same name. If your like me you have things go dead that have to be corrected. Just open the parcel and drag its link into the NPC/PC inventory and everything will be transfered back in then you can set their wounds back to a non dead status. If your smart, and do your template like me, you will have the delete on empty button to insure the parcel is deleted when it is transfered to an NPC/PC inventory. That also makes it go away when players transfer it completely into their inventories. If anything not picked up you can just manually delete the loot parcel in parcel list (handy to have a filter of "loot"). Or transfer it to Party sheet with the button and drag the empty loot parcel into a PC/NPC inventory so it deletes on its own. But I'm not a fan of a magic party sheet carrying stuff so make sure anything they want is on the PC's or their beasts of burden NPC's inventory. The other "[MP] LOOT <CT type>" and "[MP] LOOT <CT name>" must match exactly full text case sensitive of what is in PC/NPC sheet/CT DB. I see using these if you want different tokens dropping for different creatures (like a stomach instead of a bag - or a body etc.). I personally make all my loot parcel templates empty, set unlocked parcel button to active, and set delete on empty transfer to PC/NPC to active. Also I'm lazy and will probably only use the one global template.
Don't forget you can generate parcels with tables. Then simply drag that parcel into an NPC you make a copy of in NPC lists so that you can have the NPC pre populated inventory ready to go in an encounter or directly into the CT. Or drag the table generated parcel directly into specific loot template, etc.
In the end, don't care how you use this feature. I'm going to use it my way, you can use it yours. Or just leave it OFF. Come up with something new. Then share :)

SilentRuin
February 27th, 2021, 17:06
Thinking out loud here - not saying I will do this - but in case anyone else does or I do in future I'm recording the thought here:

If I wanted to make code to generate a bunch of parcel templates based on the CT - I'd read all of CT (possibly taking into account some combat groups stuff or not) then generate a "[MP] LOOT <CT name>" for each CT entry so when it died it would get that stuff. I'd have the Unlock Button set to active and the delete on empty transfer to PC/NPC button set to active with whatever random junk the tables for that NPC would generate per the PHB or whatever - plus a token (required). Then I'd supply function overrides to delete those specific loot parcel templates when the CT entry was removed. That's how I would implement it if I ever did something in Map Parcels like that. No changes on current code required.

But as that has DATA aspects which I'm allergic too likely I won't do this unless I get truly bored. Plus what tables to auto run to generate the loot parcel templates and the token chosen to put in them would be DATA bleh stuff also.

[edit] Actually scratch making the template - I'd just copy the current "[MP] LOOT" template and use that with a new name.

kevininrussia
February 27th, 2021, 23:51
My Loot Bags are Huge. How do you make the Bag Token image smaller?

https://i.imgur.com/MQxoSI4.png

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 00:13
My Loot Bags are Huge. How do you make the Bag Token image smaller?

I don't have control of what size token you use for your map parcel. Pick a smaller one like I did. If you just use map parcel like normal and drop it on the map - that will likely be its size. I don't size the token - I just place what you've dropped in map parcel token field that you plan to represent that map token. Nothing to do with "loot" functionality at all.

You are placing that map token on the map. I chose its center as the bottom right because I wanted it there. No other reason.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 00:25
Oh, I know what to do. I scaled the whole image in photoshop but what needs to be done is the canvas size stays the same and the image needs to be scaled down.

https://i.imgur.com/W2YnXOi.png

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 01:11
Oh, I know what to do. I scaled the whole image in photoshop but what needs to be done is the canvas size stays the same and the image needs to be scaled down.

Need? Maybe for what you want. Not for what I want. I want the true token size so whatever I place in the map parcel is to scale of the token provided. I don't want to have to back calculate some magic fudge factor to make my map parcel a certain unreal scaled size to compensate for this doing some arbitrary auto scaling.

No, Map Parcel token is placed with Map Parcel token you provide for greatest flexibly of use for how I use it. Which is for more than just loot. I suppose I could of set the point in the dead center so that if I chose a body it would be right there. But I did not want any mistake about their still being an NPC/PC token there. Because unlike most - when my things go dead dead - there is sometimes a mistake made and I have to put everything back in and bring them back to life. So I want the map parcel and the PC token still there - just a bit offset.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 01:19
I didn't say anything about it being dead center. Its location as you have it is fine. I was talking about the image size and I forgot that I need to scale the image in Photoshop but keep the Canvas the same size. Has noting to do with your code. It is working as it should with the token placement.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 01:32
I didn't say anything about it being dead center. Its location as you have it is fine. I was talking about the image size and I forget that I need to scale the image in Photoshop but keep the Canvas the same size. Has noting to do with your code. It is working as it should with the token placement.

Let me start over. This is designed to drop a Map Parcel. So that when I clear the Dead CT entry it's still there. A map parcel. Clickable from now to the end of the campaign if necessary. It is not some widget representing loot. It is a true object placed in the map permanently or until they empty it. And that only if I choose to set my [MP] LOOT base/type/name to delete on empty. I may have it where the critter turns into a stone version of itself like the dragonlance critters.

You are thinking this is something else. It's not. Its an all purpose way to drop a full map parcel when something dies. And I have room to do all sorts of cool things because of it. I would have placed it dead center but I wanted an offset so until I deleted the Dead CT - which might be immediately - or may be never - it would still be there. Maximum flexibility for me to do stuff. I might even make it rolling stone that I move off down a slope if I want. Who knows.

I get you wanted a little widget sized thing that was miniaturized off of the base on the scale of the actual NPC/PC token. But that would make it difficult if I chose to turn the critter into a giant pillar of salt - it would look pretty puny now wouldn't it?

Point being. This is not what you think it is. Yes, it can be used for what you think it is - but that is not its limit. Hence, the token you use is the token that gets put out there. I will not lose my flexibility. Sorry.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 01:36
Dude, I don't know what you are going off on. I said everything is working as it should. I will make it clear again. The issue was me scaling the image in PHOTOSHOP. It has nothing to do with your CODE.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 01:39
Dude, I don't know what you are going off on. I said everything is working as it should. I will make it clear again. The issue was me scaling the image in PHOTOSHOP. It has nothing to do with your CODE.

Apologies. I misread your entire first statement. This is what happens when your irked at something completely different and you start writing a response on a quick read on the forums (sigh).

I really am truly sorry - it was purely misread thinking you thought it needed to be scaled down in the code.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 01:43
Its cool. I have been testing in 4e and all is working as it should.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 01:46
Its cool. I have been testing in 4e and all is working as it should.

Really? Loot works in that? I had not tested anything but 5E for this. This is the first time I really understand the changes FGU put in the recent major upgrade - they really do help generalize code between the rulesets. I stand amazed. Thank you for sharing that.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 02:05
Question:

This is probably how FGU works but I was wondering if its possible for a player to drag items or the whole parcel from a Loot Bag to the Party Sheet, or only the GM can do it?

Image example:
https://i.imgur.com/YK617R0.jpg

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 02:15
I'll have to check the code - parcels is a host only thing except in map parcels - and while I did make it a lot more expansive on where you can drag things - I tried to call the original code where I could. I'll have to check. I suppose I would think they should be able to (in my world) if the parcel is unlocked. But I'll have to look into it.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 02:24
No biggie, as GM I can use the normal GM parcel button to send it to the Party Sheet. This is a really cool extension that keeps getting better. Good job!

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 02:28
Yeah, appears player can't load the party sheet. I'll have to look at it and see if I can fix that for unlocked parcels as I know of no good reason why that should be that way. There may be - but I don't know it so I'll look into it.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 05:24
No biggie, as GM I can use the normal GM parcel button to send it to the Party Sheet. This is a really cool extension that keeps getting better. Good job!

Yeah I spent about 2 hours trying to weed through this and kept having to remove code that was preventing the player from doing this sort of thing. I even turned on the party sheet transfer button - but it just emptied the players view of the parcel but kept it full in the host. Was to weird so I'm going to say - have the GM transfer anything you want into the parcel sheet. Or do it through your PC/NPC sheet under your control. There is to much crap buried under the hood and its just not worth untangling the FGU CoreRPG ruleset logic for it all. Keeping it simple is the path I'll take on this one. Sorry.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 05:35
Thanks for looking into it and sorry for the wasted time...

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 05:40
Thanks for looking into it and sorry for the wasted time...

Not wasted... if I even need to open up the player to more transfers of stuff I know where I have to dig. Just stopped digging as I was not motivated enough to keep pulling at the string till I reached its end. For sure the FGU side and some of the overrides I do similar to their side - limit the player from doing certain things. Based on what I saw when I flushed the parcel into the Partysheet inventory like I do on host - it will be OOB type of issues and possibly ownership. Just not sure.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 15:08
Some things I will look into and also you should be aware of:

Issues (limits in FGU that I will look into subverting to my own will - no guarantee they will be fixed):

Player cannot drop parcels into partysheet and vica versa when they have it unlocked. [will have to have host do these transfers]
Player cannot move gold back into parcel from sheet. [will have to have host do these transfers - I'm not a fan of the whole way FGU does coins in general but am not going to change that]

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 17:41
V1.14 - Player could drag locked parcel by link into things - Fixed. Made it that if parcel is on the map or set to delete on empty then drag/drop of link would transfer contents not copy. Made sure item that moved from party sheet to parcel or visa versa was removed (transferred not copied).

General testing cleanup on things resulted in these fixes.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 20:08
I found a bug.

Item in Map Parcel has an amount of two. When transferred to player sheet inventory two is transferred. In the player sheet inventory the item showing an amount of two is then transferred back to the map parcel. The item with an amount of two is removed from the player sheet but in the map parcel the total amount is one.

1. Item with amount of two in map parcel
2. Player drags the item to their player sheet inventory.
3. Item is removed from the Map Parcel.
4. Item is in player sheet inventory with an amount 2.
5. Item is moved back to the Map Parcel.
6. Item with amount of two is removed from the player sheet inventory .
7. Item is now in the map parcel with an amount of 1.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 20:28
I found a bug.

Item in Map Parcel has an amount of two. When transferred to player sheet inventory two is transferred. In the player sheet inventory the item showing an amount of two is then transferred back to the map parcel. The item with an amount of two is removed from the player sheet but in the map parcel the total amount is one.

Sounds like that SHIFT key option and transferall flag - I assume your using latest version - will look at it now.

Verified. Yeah I'll find it and fix it - basically in old parcel you have to hold shift to do more than one item otherwise its going to do one - and my stuff has bug where it auto deletes - but did not check count before I do - I need to. So real problem is single drag drop in FGU land will only take one item - unless you hold shift. As you don't hold shift it leaves one - which I promptly delete when an image placed parcel - which does a transfer not a copy.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 20:38
I found a bug.

Actually tried again with latest and having trouble duplicating it - I thought I saw it but now I don't.

And now I can. Something is weird where it is not always happening.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 20:58
I’m using latest version and it happens all the times I have tried so far...

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 21:06

Working on it. It did not happen sometimes after I dragged whole link into charsheet on host - as I duplicate it in host if I do it without doing that I'm working it from that side.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 21:49

I know I've seen it but when I put my prints in I never see it happen. The parcel going to the charsheet does a transfer of the whole group. The charsheet going to the parcel does one at a time. I see this working almost every time. Still looking at it but this one is really weird timing or something. Debug.console prints to see what is happening and it changes the behavior. Or there is something I've done to make it never happen. Not sure what yet.

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 22:09
Client:

From Charsheet to Parcel it does send one item with an amount of one (in Charsheet it has an amount of 3) but it deletes the item from the Charsheet. Is this happening on your tests?

kevininrussia
February 28th, 2021, 22:14
Host:

Moving item from Charsheet to Parcel is indeed sending one at a time. I notice when sending from Parcel to Charsheet the initial number of items is shown then switches to an amount of 1.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 22:32
Host:

Moving item from Charsheet to Parcel is indeed sending one at a time. I notice when sending from Parcel to Charsheet the initial number of items is shown then switches to an amount of 1.

The way FGU works (and I did not change that) is it move one at time from charsheet to parcel or party sheet unless you hold the SHIFT key down. That is how that works in that direction. I see no issues with that - its as they designed it. The issue I'm having is if I copy from parcel to charsheet it has different odd behavior. From players side it shows the 2 items have been moved - and it deletes them. As it should. But from host side I see a count of 1 in the sheet. And if I change that number on player or host side - both are put in synch. Something weird is going on. That IS the problem your talking about right?k

Also sometimes it moves one from player side then deletes it. Which may be what your seeing. But I don't always see that. Like I said something weird going on.

SilentRuin
February 28th, 2021, 22:38
Host:

That switching may be a good clue - going to look closer at that.

SilentRuin
March 1st, 2021, 01:05

After working on this all day - backing to much earlier versions of Map Parcel - and FINALLY backing out all the way into RAW FGU no extensions - I can duplicate this problem. Not ME or this extension causing this. Will have to get with SW devs to figure out what to do. For now realize if you move parcel data with more than a count of 1 with a player attached to the host - it will immediately set it back to 1 while leaving the players view showing the no longer correct number that no longer matches the DB count entry. I searched high and low for something setting this even to the point of overriding DB.setValue and doing a printstack() on anything that had "count" being set. This is an SW bug that I'll have to log.

For now - realize that moving parcel data into a charsheet that has more than one count is bugged in FGU - not something I can fix. But I can log it. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66598-Dropping-an-item-from-a-parcel-with-more-than-1-count-into-charsheet-BUGGED&p=583267#post583267)

SilentRuin
March 1st, 2021, 06:00
V1.15 - Fixed FGU bug in my copy of their code so that parcels now do single count transfers like charsheets and partysheets. Not dependent on RAW FGU fixing this one. Fixed.

Not going to wait for FGU fix as I have my own copy of this part of the code so just fixing it myself. Fixed keveninrussia's found issue.

SilentRuin
March 1st, 2021, 06:50
Now that the FGU single item stuff is fixed (hold SHIFT to transfer multiples) - still has the same issue on the full link transfer side of things - only when player attached so will have to come up with a work around for that also.

SilentRuin
March 1st, 2021, 19:15
V1.16 - Based on V1.15 fix of FGU bug it still had some issues. Basically if the item (from partysheet, parcel sheet, or another charsheet) being transferred into the charsheet does not exist and it has a count > 1 then it ignores any request to do a transfer all (sheet link or item SHIFT drag drop to charsheet). Only when the item already exist will it allow it to transfer all. This has the effect that you will probably have to transfer things twice to get them all. Best I can do. Upside no data will accidentally be putting out bogus data on client sides or have data lost from the FGU bug. If they fix the bug I will revisit this.

Pretty much what it says. Fixed FGU bug in my stuff so that parcel will have same behavior as partysheet and charsheet transfers for items (respect SHIFT for transfer all) and also for partysheet, parcel sheet, and PC/NPC sheets the inventory item transfers to charsheet will not let the count stomping bug when the item never existed in the target to effect the results. You'll just have to do the transfer again if there are any of those in there (as next time there will be and it will all work).

SilentRuin
March 1st, 2021, 19:35
Updated a fix to do things more efficiently - not worth a version update change but DMsG is updated again.

SilentRuin
March 1st, 2021, 20:20
TIP: you move individual items into a charsheet with SHIFT or drag the sheet link into charsheet to get all the count transferred, it will transfer anything that is not unique with a count > 1 (these it will just move in 1 count of item). The second time you do it - there is no way it will fail because you just put in the first count 1 of anything that was unique. This is required to overcome the bug that happens when I player is attached to the host. This way the client and host all have consistent behavior no matter what.

HENCE - Just repeat the drag if anything left over unshifted.

SilentRuin
March 2nd, 2021, 03:44
TIP: If you are rolling from the tables for coin or treasure - create a parcel - click the delete on empty - drop in NPC inventory in CT it will automatically be cleaned up. Makes life simpler.

SilentRuin
March 4th, 2021, 04:17
TIP: Only dragging the link into something to dump all contents (or hitting partysheet button) - even if there are none left will delete the parcel if delete on empty is selected. Single dropping things in will not delete. Keeps party from emptying it by taking stuff and then think oops was not the thing I wanted to take. Typically I plan on just dumping my loot bag into party sheet with whatever is left so whom ever runs the NPC beast of burden can put the rest in their inventory. As I don't believe in a magic weightless bag that can't be lost or attacked - ie. the party sheet when not actively being used to distribute stuff or sell it.

But you do you. I'll do me. But that is how delete when empty works. Because I wanted it that way :)

SilentRuin
March 4th, 2021, 14:57
V1.17 - Bug for creating a loot parcel when template did not have a valid token - Fixed. Bug when not using Death Indicators Extension the PC would drop loot when not really dead (in dying state) - Fixed.

Bug fixes.

SilentRuin
March 4th, 2021, 18:17
V1.18 - Bug for wiping out previous session's token visibility setting for the map parcel - Fixed.

Noelus
March 4th, 2021, 20:23
Excellent ext. Thank you. Just one thing though. I have a token assigned for a NPC parcel drop (a corpse in this case) and if I try to resize it with CTRL and mouse wheel as it is too small by default, it will become smaller and smaller but will not become larger regardless of which way I move the mouse wheel. This only happens with the map parcel allocated token - all other token behaviours are normal. Any chance of looking into this?

SilentRuin
March 4th, 2021, 20:44
Excellent ext. Thank you. Just one thing though. I have a token assigned for a NPC parcel drop (a corpse in this case) and if I try to resize it with CTRL and mouse wheel as it is too small by default, it will become smaller and smaller but will not become larger regardless of which way I move the mouse wheel. This only happens with the map parcel allocated token - all other token behaviours are normal. Any chance of looking into this?

Works fine for me I can make them bigger or smaller with the mouse wheel. I assume your up to date with all the latest updates? (made multiple fixes for other things today that may or may not effect your issue).

Noelus
March 4th, 2021, 22:35
Finally worked it out. The problem is caused when I have the new 5e token height indicator loaded. No idea how to proceed short of disabling it.

ScriedRaven
March 4th, 2021, 23:44
Finally worked it out. The problem is caused when I have the new 5e token height indicator loaded. No idea how to proceed short of disabling it.

You can just trade it out for This Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51005-Extension-Height-label/page17), as it does basically the same thing, and doesn't conflict. I was using it because it locked the token spin to shift.

Milmoor
March 5th, 2021, 12:57
I'm doing my first experiments with Map Parcel in combination with both Polymorphism and Combat Groups. Looks really good, thanks.

A small warning for others:
I've managed to loose the inventory of my Party Inventory NPC. Even found out how: if you accidentally close FGU with the X in the top right corner, your changes since the last auto save are lost. In my case the inventory of the NPC apparently. Not the fault of this addon at all. I'll probably won't be the last idiot to do so, so I thought I'd mention this.

A few questions

Are there other ways to loose inventory? Like removing it from the Combat Tracker, instead of hiding it using Combat Groups I suppose?
And is there a way to make a backup? I had made a backup from my complete campaign before I started experimenting, but that's a bit overkill for little accidents.
Are there best practises in how to set this up? I had thought to create three NPC's, each in the Combat Group "the Inn". That way the group can do their own bookkeeping. If they want to sell something, they transfer it to the appropriate NPC (art/gems at 100%, the rest at 25%). I'll grab the inventory one in a while and sell it, adding this to the party cash. I will also copy it to a (pawn)shop first where they can buy it back at sell price for a week or so. This should speed up the bookkeeping of the inventory.
- ms. chesty, group inventory
- clerk of pawnshop 'ditch this at 25%'
- salesperson of atelier 'sell this at 100%'
Is there a way to give a player access before (s)he logged on? I've taken the group loot and moved it to an NPC. But they won't see it till I granted them access, which I only seem able to do for logged on players.I was accidentality using Assistant GM functionality. Now to figure out how to access the inventory with just Map Parcel and Polymorphism. Will watch video.

SilentRuin
March 5th, 2021, 16:05
Warning: Bug I'm working on where if a read only module its not doing the copy - its doing a transfer - which it should not. Will also resolve normal parcel copy option as it used to have with a new button option.

To recover a parcel you've transferred stuff out of that is a module - right mouse over the Parcel list module item and hit revert changes. If that does not do it - you should unload the module and reload it. Not sure why it sometimes works just with revert and other times does not but that should recover anything you edited. Just FYI while I come up with a fix in my world of transfers that Makes sense to me.

Dr0W
March 5th, 2021, 17:53
Hello, I couldn't figure out how to make this work: 'Dead NPC/PC in CT now can optionally drop map parcel loot dumps of their inventory automatically.'

I have turned it on in the options, but when an NPC gets defeated the token simply disappears nor it's made a map parcel. How do I make it work?

Also: Wouldn't sharing all the map parcels mean that a play could simply click their Parcels button on their Sidebar and check the whole content of loots around the campaign, like breaking the whole purpose of finding the treasure chests? Is there any way to disable the parcels sidebar button for good for players?

ScriedRaven
March 5th, 2021, 18:05
Hello, I couldn't figure out how to make this work: 'Dead NPC/PC in CT now can optionally drop map parcel loot dumps of their inventory automatically.'

I have turned it on in the options, but when an NPC gets defeated the token simply disappears nor it's made a map parcel. How do I make it work?

Also: Wouldn't sharing all the map parcels mean that a play could simply click their Parcels button on their Sidebar and check the whole content of loots around the campaign, like breaking the whole purpose of finding the treasure chests? Is there any way to disable the parcels sidebar button for good for players?

Create a parcel labeled "[MP] LOOT" (the expanded options for it are listed under update V1.13), and make sure the npc is placed on a map.

The parcels have visibility settings, and lock settings, so players can't find them until you're ready to show it to them.

SilentRuin
March 5th, 2021, 18:17

As ScriedRaven pointed out. But the video is hopelessly out of date on this and most of my other extensions as I keep adding things in. You'd have to read through this tome of a thread to get all the tips etc. on what to do - but really its up to you. This is just a tool I use for me, how you use it for you is up to you. Also, the .txt file usually has some info but nothing beats the running commentary in here if you want to know the current state of things. As there will be a new update today also to fix something with modules. I like transferring things but some things should not - modules - also I'm going to add a copy option. Only version info - and reading in here will tell you that will be happening though.

SilentRuin
March 5th, 2021, 19:28
V1.19 - Bug for transferring contents out of a module - they should only be copy of contents - Fixed. A new copy button has been added to all map parcel sheets so that you can define one to retain its contents by copying instead of transferring them.

Basically the transfer of contents should not occur for a module. And a new button to make a parcel retain its contents (copy) has been added though transfer is still the default.

This won't fix FGU bug where if a player is attached it will stomp the count in a character sheet to 1 if it did not exist in inventory before. While you can work around that by transferring contents (just do it twice) - you can't with a copy. So be aware - its still like FGU with the copy set.

Dr0W
March 5th, 2021, 20:31
As ScriedRaven pointed out. But the video is hopelessly out of date on this and most of my other extensions as I keep adding things in. You'd have to read through this tome of a thread to get all the tips etc. on what to do - but really its up to you. This is just a tool I use for me, how you use it for you is up to you. Also, the .txt file usually has some info but nothing beats the running commentary in here if you want to know the current state of things. As there will be a new update today also to fix something with modules. I like transferring things but some things should not - modules - also I'm going to add a copy option. Only version info - and reading in here will tell you that will be happening though.

Oh, yes thanks. I did watch throughout the whole video and couldn't find it. I didn't read the changelog because that's a lot of stuff and I didn't think that this feature could have been something implemented there. Thanks both of you!

Milmoor
March 5th, 2021, 21:05
Showed it to one of my players, she was very impressed. Since this introduces NPC's that only are there for the inventory, it would be nice if it was somehow possible to select which tab is opened first when you access them.

SilentRuin
March 5th, 2021, 21:15
Showed it to one of my players, she was very impressed. Since this introduces NPC's that only are there for the inventory, it would be nice if it was somehow possible to select which tab is opened first when you access them.

That is pure FGU - just like any other tab. It will remember it in a session which tab you last selected. Also as I told the other person - the video is hugely out of date - trust the thread and discussion in here or in the version updates -as nothing else will tell you what is available to you. And I change it all the time - just look at the post two above yours - yet another update (sigh).

Dr0W
March 6th, 2021, 19:48
I just tried using it with one of my players, he was able to make rolls to unlock a chest even when it was not his own turn. And it rolled using the current turn character's stats instead of his own.

SilentRuin
March 6th, 2021, 20:38
I just tried using it with one of my players, he was able to make rolls to unlock a chest even when it was not his own turn. And it rolled using the current turn character's stats instead of his own.

Very true it's grabbed the active CT - probably should be grabbing who clicked it. Let me look at it.

SilentRuin
March 6th, 2021, 21:08

V1.20 - Bug for rolling pick and strength where it would always choose active combat tracker (CT) stats no matter who rolled it - Fixed - host will still roll active CT but player will roll user's (player) active character.

Was doing things only as a host should not as a player. As I may have multiple players try to resolve their rolls at once - they will now be rolling their stuff correctly no matter who's turn it is (host still has to unlock the parcel - per the way I want it to work). Host will behave as they did before - rolling the active CT stats.

Milmoor
March 7th, 2021, 16:31
I used the map parcel extension to place a trip wire on the floor. Chose an appropriate image. Couldn't rotate it unfortunately, but otherwise it worked great. A player saw it in time, and they were able try to dismantle it by using the lock pick skills. In the inventory was the bell that would sound if they failed. ;). Going to use it lock the alternative exits to the dungeons as well. They can force it or pick the lock.

SilentRuin
March 7th, 2021, 19:36
I used the map parcel extension to place a trip wire on the floor. Chose an appropriate image. Couldn't rotate it unfortunately, but otherwise it worked great. A player saw it in time, and they were able try to dismantle it by using the lock pick skills. In the inventory was the bell that would sound if they failed. ;). Going to use it lock the alternative exits to the dungeons as well. They can force it or pick the lock.

Its no different from any other token - hold SHIFT and roll mouse wheel and it will rotate. Unless its a NPC or PC and you have the orientation arrow active then that will rotate.

Milmoor
March 7th, 2021, 20:41
Couldn't select it after I dropped it on the map, but might have been testing to many things at once and got confused. Will again, thanks.

similarly
March 7th, 2021, 22:57
Couldn't select it after I dropped it on the map, but might have been testing to many things at once and got confused. Will again, thanks.

Just make sure you're in "play" mode (the dice icon). Lots of times, I'm editing a map and forget that I'm still on FX or LOS or tiles, and sit there wondering why I can't select things. Or, alternatively, when I drop something as a tile (rather than as a token for an NPC, Parcel, Spell effect, etc), I forget to go to "tile" in order to move and rotate it.

Daniel Fletcher
March 8th, 2021, 01:37
OK now that we are talking about using Map Parcel for Doors, Traps I need to get some good tokens for that. Wish I would of thought of that.... (thinking under the Trap in another layer place like a Fireball toke to show the radius of the blast... Then if they trigger show the layer...)

SilentRuin
March 8th, 2021, 04:55
V1.21 - New Feature - new option added to support not dropping empty parcels when PC/NPC is dead. Default is turned off so that normal behavior or dropping a token on death can still occur by default - as this is used for more than just loot. As all options it can be turned on and off during runtime if needed to vary.

Sorry for all the updates. This is all the result of me building out a new campaign and finding bugs or needs that I want to add in. Hopefully this will be it for a while.

Gist is I had a bunch of useless critters dying that would drop nothing and I was too lazy to turn on and off the option while that encounter was going on. This is defaulted to still be as it was (off) because people use that drop parcel on dead for more than just loot - they use to drop a token (who cares if it has loot).

kevininrussia
March 8th, 2021, 05:53
Would it be possible not to drop a loot parcel if the NPC has nothing in their inventory?

SilentRuin
March 8th, 2021, 06:02
Would it be possible not to drop a loot parcel if the NPC has nothing in their inventory?

Is that a joke? Or did you not read the last post?

Bishopza
March 8th, 2021, 07:01
V1.21 - New Feature - new option added to support not dropping empty parcels when PC/NPC is dead. Default is turned off so that normal behavior or dropping a token on death can still occur by default - as this is used for more than just loot. As all options it can be turned on and off during runtime if needed to vary.

I was just about to request that! Used the extension last night and the players went crazy trying to loot all the empty tokens that were dropping from the goblins.
Also had an awesome encounter where they managed to drop the necromancer, loot his corpse and use the device he dropped to get rid of the undead hordes swarming them.
Loving this extension! Thank you for all the updates, I for one appreciate them

Milmoor
March 8th, 2021, 19:55
I'm a lazy DM, so I want my party to sort out their loot themselves. That takes some improvisation:

a PC can only take from NPC's (via Map Parcel, by interacting with the token on the map)
a PC can only give to PC's (build in, by dragging to the portrait when logged on)

What I did

I've got a 24/7 computer with FG for character and now loot management
I connect to my FG server via RDP, which works remarkably well.
after a session, I transfer all party loot an NPC
the players can grab stuff from that NPC and distribute it among themselves
the stuff they don't want, they give to a special PC (drag and drop)
for that PC to be logged, I use a local session on the server
I sell the stuff they don't want once in a while.

It's a bit complex, so I'm waiting to see what breaks. Where am I going with all this?

It would be nice if it was possible to give stuff to the NPC's as well, instead of just taking. That would allow me to dispense with the PC and the local session needed for it (step 5 and 6).

SilentRuin
March 8th, 2021, 20:22
I'm a lazy DM, so I want my party to sort out their loot themselves. That takes some improvisation:

a PC can only take from NPC's (via Map Parcel, by interacting with the token on the map)
a PC can only give to PC's (build in, by dragging to the portrait when logged on)

What I did

I've got a 24/7 computer with FG for character and now loot management
I connect to my FG server via RDP, which works remarkably well.
after a session, I transfer all party loot an NPC
the players can grab stuff from that NPC and distribute it among themselves
the stuff they don't want, they give to a special PC (drag and drop)
for that PC to be logged, I use a local session on the server
I sell the stuff they don't want once in a while.

It's a bit complex, so I'm waiting to see what breaks. Where am I going with all this?

It would be nice if it was possible to give stuff to the NPC's as well, instead of just taking. That would allow me to dispense with the PC and the local session needed for it (step 5 and 6).

Not sure what you mean here. If you use my extensions you can certainly give and take from an NPC inventory as a player if you have been given ownership of it. Or if the NPC is public I believe. What are you trying to say here? If its that I should be adding all the polymorphism/Assistant GM ownership shared NPC logic into Map Parcels then that is a firm negative. If it's something else you'll have to give me an example.

My world of extensions is my world of extensions made for me and they tend to interact with and support each other when required. I'm not saying you need these as I would think if the NPC was public it "should" work with what you want? But really FGU ownership stuff can be picky so I'm not sure. Hence why I made fully owned NPC's part of the two extensions I mentioned. That way I can share it to a player (drop NPC on portrait) and they can get whatever they need. Honestly the way you have it setup you don't need any of my stuff. You have party sheet that everyone can use. You have a map parcel that everyone can use. You have PC's that if removed can be reused (log in - get PC - remember to release it from your ownership). You have NPC's that if you drop on a PC portrait you can share inventory with. Really not seeing the issue. Maybe I'm just not reading it right.

Milmoor
March 8th, 2021, 20:41
I missed the NPC sharing part of the procedure. Will try that, thanks. How do you make an NPC public? Not by right clicking it.

I got map parcels and polymorphism by the way (and assistant GM, but that one should not be needed).

SilentRuin
March 8th, 2021, 20:50
I missed the NPC sharing part of the procedure. Will try that, thanks. How do you make an NPC public? Not by right clicking it.

I got map parcels and polymorphism by the way (and assistant GM, but that one should not be needed).

I was saying you don't need any of my stuff to do the sharing. Party sheet can be used to put things in and take things out as a common place to do your "loot". Whatever is left you just sell. Why do you need a mule to have it? Now if you have my stuff then you know what I do - I have one player running the pack animal (NPC mule) that they put any gear into that nobody is actively carrying. This is because I don't like the party sheet inventory when its like some magic bag of holding that can't be attacked, has no weight, and can be accessed at any time. For sure if you have a "home base" you'd put a Map Parcel in the map and then only share it to that player (by default placing a map parcel makes it public - you can clear that and drop the parcel on the player portrait to only share it with them).

Remember, my stuff is just a tool. There are no realistic limits on how you choose to use it. I even have a thread on RAW FGU (none of my extensions) on sharing DB stuff to players instead of making it public to all of them.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66295-Sharing-and-Public-DB-node-records-(the-things-on-the-right-side-of-your-app)&highlight=

Gist being - I don't think you need any of my stuff to create a place your players can store stuff or grab stuff and put in and take out. Home base is best option for that. Public parcel or shared parcel. Or just use the party sheet inventory and be done with it.

Milmoor
March 8th, 2021, 21:10
It seems you don't share the individual NPC, but the NPC archtype. I was trying to share the NPC on the Combat Tracker.

Thanks again, I'm going to sleep on it, since I seen to be confusing options. I'll try later with both a public parcel and public NPC.

SilentRuin
March 8th, 2021, 21:13
It seems you don't share the individual NPC, but the NPC archtype. I was trying to share the NPC on the Combat Tracker.

Thanks again, I'm going to sleep on it, since I seen to be confusing options. I'll try later with both a public parcel and public NPC.

Yeah I'm totally confused based on this response to what I suggested. I'll leave it to you to figure out.

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 04:26
Ok something that surprised me was that while I can drag parcels and individual items out of unlocked parcel into a character sheet and back into parcel - but as player I can't drag an unlocked parcel into a partysheet or into another parcel or partysheet into a parcel. This annoys me. I'm going to investigate if there is some reason I can't code this to support this as it makes no sense to me that I can drag stuff into a character sheet and into party sheet or out of it - or into a parcel or out of it but that I can't directly move them between the non charsheets if they are unlocked map parcels.

I'll know tomorrow if there was some limiting reason I can't support this. Because if there is not.... It really annoyed me to have to move things out of a parcel into party sheet for players - if they have access I'd prefer they manage that themselves. This may been what Milmoor was trying to tell me. I understand now (after suffering it in my game myself).

Milmoor
March 9th, 2021, 07:10
My messaging could have been clearer, sorry about that. Things I take from it:
- use a map parcel for storing things at home or another fixed location
- use an NPC for storing things en route
- I don't get NPC sharing yet, need to investigate more, will read your linked thread
- PCs and DMs have different options in what they can transfer from what to what
- FG expects the GM to do all the work (/boo)
- if I had a long day, I need to sleep on it before posting conclusions, the premises might be wrong and my reactions will be off

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 16:18
V1.22 - New Feature - allow player to mass move inventory into partysheet or unlocked map parcel they have access too (dragging portrait link on charsheet into them). This should now allow free movement of inventory's between charsheet/partysheet/parcel where the player has access to them. To block access to a parcel you just use the lock button. They always had single item drag to partysheet before so only change there is that they can now drag in everything at once.

This feature update has me a little nervous so I'd appreciate someone testing this to make sure I've not wrecked anything. Basically the player now has the ability to fully transfer things between charsheet/partsheet/parce inventories that they have access too. Because I had to open up some previously closed off logic paths to the player I just want a thorough beating on this to make sure it has not somehow done something bizarre. Always a RISK with extensions.

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 17:06
Had to reload into DMsG as did not have the V1.22 info in it.

Milmoor
March 9th, 2021, 17:51
Thank you, that's good news. Will test with a copy of my campaign. Not promising for today though, plans aren't fixed yet.

Milmoor
March 9th, 2021, 19:35
A few things:

The filename from the DMSguild download changed, but you build in a check: "You have multiple copies of 5E (and more) - Map Parcel FGU active". Very useful. I have a MapParcel.ext from today the 9e, and a Map_Parcel_Extension_(Fantasy_Grounds_Unity).ext from the 6e.
Dragging from/to the party sheet looks good.
It looks as I can't drag the token from a map parcel to a map as a GM?!Can't drag the default icon. Can drag a token I added to the parcel myself.
The button for Transferring or Copying the content doesn't work. Hadn't seen it before. Tested with the previous version from 6-3, also not responding. It's theme depended. Does work without theme, does not work with the DND official one.
Dragging between parcels and from PC worked OK. Can't drag from parcel to PC. Get an Empty entry with two items.

Hope this helps. I did test this yet with all my other extensions off as well.

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 20:05
A few things:

The filename from the DMSguild download changed, but you build in a check: "You have multiple copies of 5E (and more) - Map Parcel FGU active". Very useful. I have a MapParcel.ext from today the 9e, and a Map_Parcel_Extension_(Fantasy_Grounds_Unity).ext from the 6e.
Dragging from/to the party sheet looks good.
It looks as I can't drag the token from a map parcel to a map as a GM?!
The button for Transfering or Copying the content doesn't work. Hadn't seen it before. Tested with the previous version from 6-3, also not responding.

Going to test parcel transfer with a copied campaign. Work in progress.

There is ONLY one copy of MapParcel.ext - what DMsG names the silly thing is up to them and nothing to do with me.

You should only ever have one version in your extensions directory and I name mine MapParcel.ext - current version when you come up is 1.22 - anything else and that is not correct.

Dragging the Map Parcel sheet token (providing you have a token dropped in there) works just fine.

The transfer (by default) and copy button works just fine also.

Really you will need to understand from past posts and descriptions how these things work before you try them. I suspect you didn't bother to put an asset token into your map parcel sheet tokenfield - and that you didn't test the transfer/copy by having whatever state set then trying to drag an item or link to something else and seeing if it got removed (transfer) or left there (copy).

I tested all these things after you said they did not work - and they worked fine.

Milmoor
March 9th, 2021, 20:19
There is ONLY one copy of MapParcel.ext - what DMsG names the silly thing is up to them and nothing to do with me.

You should only ever have one version in your extensions directory and I name mine MapParcel.ext - current version when you come up is 1.22 - anything else and that is not correct.

Dragging the Map Parcel sheet token (providing you have a token dropped in there) works just fine.

The transfer (by default) and copy button works just fine also.

Really you will need to understand from past posts and descriptions how these things work before you try them. I suspect you didn't bother to put an asset token into your map parcel sheet tokenfield - and that you didn't test the transfer/copy by having whatever state set then trying to drag an item or link to something else and seeing if it got removed (transfer) or left there (copy).

I tested all these things after you said they did not work - and they worked fine.
Take a look at my last edited version, it has some of the causes. We were working at this at the same time. It has additional test results as well. Somehow, as soon as I post, my mind thinks of the next thing to test, and/or a possible cause. That's why the multiple edits.

SilentRuin
March 9th, 2021, 22:03
Take a look at my last edited version, it has some of the causes. We were working at this at the same time. It has additional test results as well. Somehow, as soon as I post, my mind thinks of the next thing to test, and/or a possible cause. That's why the multiple edits.

Still all works fine. The button press up/down are CoreRPG buttons - if a theme does not show the difference that is on the theme not on me. It still works - look at tool tip if you need to remembering that FGU will not update a tooltip till you move mouse off and then back onto the tooltipped item.

similarly
March 9th, 2021, 22:54
The filename from the DMSguild download changed ...

Yeah, DMsGuild likes to do that. I just change the name back before moving it to the extension/module folder.

SilentRuin
March 10th, 2021, 00:17
V1.23 - Undo a Workaround - FGU was fixed for the problem of stomping a unique item in charsheet inventory to 1 when first time in it - so I have to undo my workaround. Fixed.

Those pesky SW devs fixed what I wanted them to fix and so I had to disable my work around for it.

Milmoor
March 10th, 2021, 07:03
Good one on the tooltip, didn't know that. I don't mind the color not changing, it's good to know the behavior of things can differ between themes. Would have thought I'd be save with an "official" theme.

DMSguild has now started to add numbers to the bulk downloads Grrr, untidy it is.

Thanks for fixing the edge cases in dragging and dropping. It makes my players more self reliant.

Tested the latest version: I can take items from parcel's again. /cheer

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 13:47
Does this extension enable player to put things into parcels themselves (instead of having the GM do it)?

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 15:28
Does this extension enable player to put things into parcels themselves (instead of having the GM do it)?

Yes.

If you are going to read the following as insulting - I suggest you stop here - as its not intended to be - but I really don't know how to express my concern without actually... expressing it.

I see a pebble on the edge of a cliff, which if I do not dislodge it carefully will cause an avalanche of questions. This forum thread (same with my other extensions forum threads) is where I keep people up to date with functionality/fixes that I add into my extension. My videos are hopelessly out of date because of the fact I write these extension for me, and am adding in stuff all the time when I want it in one place or another.

The answer to your question is "yes". But its such a fundamental basic question that is answered in the out of date video, the first few sentences of DMsG, first few sentences of page 1 of this forum thread, and the .txt file of page one - that it makes me want to recommend that if you don't research an extension your going to buy - you absolutely should not buy it. Especially, mine, as they get updated all the time.

Had you asked about some finer point of NPC inventories, or adding weapons or armor to an NPC, or any of the other myriad of functionality old and new that might be buried in the text or video - I could have understood it. But you asked the most basic question possible, which leads me to believe this would be the first of an avalanche of questions because you do not want to do the basic research on this. Which is fine, I'd just prefer to avoid that avalanche.

So if you still want this extension, or any of my others, you'll have to be willing to do the research to keep up to date with things that change in them. If your not willing to do that, then IMHO this famous quote applies...

"These are not the extensions your looking for"... followed by me waving my fingers :)

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 16:09
Thanks for the concise answer. I asked because of the following forum discussion and my direct answer to it:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64531-Features-wanted&p=586828&viewfull=1#post586828

Would I need such functionality, as discussed in the linked thread, then the one "yes" answer would all I need to know to buy the extension. Since I only play adventures bought in the shop I usually have no need for any kind of extra parcel functionality, so even the most basic one could help workaround these kind of "inventory" restrictions of FGU.

As a result to your answer I will now suggest the other thread to have a look at your extension.

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 16:30
Thanks for the concise answer. I asked because of the following forum discussion and my direct answer to it:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64531-Features-wanted&p=586828&viewfull=1#post586828

Would I need such functionality, as discussed in the linked thread, then the one "yes" answer would all I need to know to buy the extension. Since I only play adventures bought in the shop I usually have no need for any kind of extra parcel functionality, so even the most basic one could help workaround these kind of "inventory" restrictions of FGU.

As a result to your answer I will now suggest the other thread to have a look at your extension.

Try to warn you off risking buying a paid extension and not only do you want it but recommend it? I am the worst debater ever :)

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 16:34
Whoever is interested in this functionality can make up their own mind. Once I feel that our own parties' inventories get filled up too much I may consider this solution myself. Another solution would be to create a "mule" PC to move stuff to, but that's less convenient than using your extension.

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 16:37
Whoever is interested in this functionality can make up their own mind. Once I feel that our own parties' inventories get filled up too much I may consider this solution myself. Another solution would be to create a "mule" PC to move stuff to, but that's less convenient than using your extension.

Sounds like the example I put out for my extension - forget where - here and with polymorphism? For sure in my world I have mule NPCs - probably discussion earlier in this tome of a thread.

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 16:44
Plus the whole loot thing but that is a whole other discussion for this extension - best done by reading the relevant parts of this thread. As I said - always changing - video hopelessly out of date.

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 17:44
Yes, I the mule example was given somewhere. Without your extension it's much more of a hassle, though, because players who don't own the mule PC cannot control its inventory (I assume). So in the end one of the players of the GM would have to handle it. Hence my suggestion to look at your extension and mystification why shared parcels cannot be unlocked for players without an extension.

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 19:17
Yes, I the mule example was given somewhere. Without your extension it's much more of a hassle, though, because players who don't own the mule PC cannot control its inventory (I assume). So in the end one of the players of the GM would have to handle it. Hence my suggestion to look at your extension and mystification why shared parcels cannot be unlocked for players without an extension.

Except you made the suggesting in traveler thread - mine is for 5E for most of my functionality. And most of the extensions outright. Not that people have not ported some of them themselves to work for personal use where they wanted. But most of the functionality discussed in here is purely for 5E. Map Parcels and Equipped Effects have some functionality across other rulesets but I prefer not to think of that as in my early days I thought if it used CoreRPG it was good for lots of things - thats simply not true. Rulesets be crazy and do their own things.

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 19:29
If you prefer then I won't suggest your extensions as possible solutions to problems anymore. People can do their own google-foo then.

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 19:37
If you prefer then I won't suggest your extensions as possible solutions to problems anymore. People can do their own google-foo then.

Probably best as if your not suggesting them for 5E people may be misled.

Noelus
March 16th, 2021, 01:03
Just a thought. Would it be possible to create an item called coins in the pcs inventory that accumulated the weight of all coins carried, specifically so if it was in a backpack for instance it could be unequipped and the weight would reflect accordingly? At the moment your extension does an excellent job but this would help further.

SilentRuin
March 16th, 2021, 01:10
Just a thought. Would it be possible to create an item called coins in the pcs inventory that accumulated the weight of all coins carried, specifically so if it was in a backpack for instance it could be unequipped and the weight would reflect accordingly? At the moment your extension does an excellent job but this would help further.

Parcels show weight in them. Coins are assigned weights in options currencies. In 5E that would be 0.02 for all of them.

In case I have to spell it out - put parcel in item called bag of coins and keep all your coins in there.

Milmoor
March 16th, 2021, 08:36
This might be easier: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41109-The-weight-of-the-coins

SilentRuin
March 16th, 2021, 16:51
This might be easier: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41109-The-weight-of-the-coins

Weight of coins is done in this extension also - but as long as no conflicts in code you can do it however you wish.

Milmoor
March 16th, 2021, 17:12
Weight of coins is done in this extension also - but as long as no conflicts in code you can do it however you wish.
In the character sheet? I missed that. Any visual indication? Or does it just add the weight?

SilentRuin
March 16th, 2021, 18:21
In the character sheet? I missed that. Any visual indication? Or does it just add the weight?

Only way to see what is in here is to read the .txt file or every post in here :) But yes - under options->currencies their is a weight field. If you give 0.02 in every one of them that is 5E weights. Then the weight is reflected in all inventories and parcels.

SilentRuin
March 20th, 2021, 15:38
V1.24 - Bug - When an NPC is important (Death Indicators Extension option to allow NPC to use death saving throws) was not properly respecting the flag in determining map parcel drop on death. Fixed.

Only relevant if you use Death Indicators Extension and set NPC's to important so they can use death saving throws.

Stuggesjoerd
March 22nd, 2021, 18:44
Hi mate, lovely extension. It seems players can add the chest to their inventory by pressing "Add to party inventory". By doing that all the items get placed in the party sheet even when they haven't unlocked or broke it. Players can easily look inside the chest this way.

SilentRuin
March 22nd, 2021, 18:52
Hi mate, lovely extension. It seems players can add the chest to their inventory by pressing "Add to party inventory". By doing that all the items get placed in the party sheet even when they haven't unlocked or broke it. Players can easily look inside the chest this way.

Considering that a player cannot even access the "Send to Party Sheet inventory" button - I have to ask how they are doing that?

I assume you're not running some ancient version of this stuff either. The last version listed on Page 1 is what you should see in your chat when you come up in FGU.

Also I just now noticed you said "Add to party inventory" - not ever heard of that button can you tell me where it is in FGU 5E with only this extension active?

SilentRuin
March 22nd, 2021, 19:16
Grim press has added new updates into the video on Page 1- here is a timestamp reference to where the new stuff begins...

https://youtu.be/NmGO2yccSmE?t=630

And this new video does not exclude you from reading the version description of this feature as it has more information in it than the video does. Just FYI.

Arghun
March 22nd, 2021, 20:45
Hello SilentRuin, is there any reason why Drivethru has changed the extension name to add a (For Fantasy Ground Unity) suffix to it since the latest version ?

SilentRuin
March 22nd, 2021, 21:43
Hello SilentRuin, is there any reason why Drivethru has changed the extension name to add a (For Fantasy Ground Unity) suffix to it since the latest version ?

Who knows what or why they name things the way they do. My extensions are loaded with the following names and that is how I load them and tell others to name them in their extensions directories - but really the name is irrelevant. You can name it what you want as long as its in that directory and has .ext on the end of it. The following are the names I actually load into DMsG - what they spit back out - who knows.

GenericActions.ext
EquippedEffects.ext
Polymorphism.ext
MapParcel.ext
CombatGroups.ext
AssistantGM.ext (had spelled it wrong so finally corrected that so thanks for making me look!)

Milmoor
March 22nd, 2021, 21:45
Every download on Dmsguild has this as far as I know. They already had this for single file downloads, and now also in bulk downloads. It's an author number or something similar. The number does stay the same fortunately, and the name of the file doesn't matter. So I just delete the old file without the number when an extension is updated. Not a clue why they did this though.

Arghun
March 23rd, 2021, 14:23
I don't mind the author 'ID', I just wanted to know whether this new version was so different it had to have FGU as part of it. I know that the filename doesn't matter when it comes to .ext files (the extension xml drives what you see in FG) but I was wondering why the sudden change :-)