PDA

View Full Version : Map Parcel Extension [Fantasy Grounds Unity]

Pages : 1 [2]

MrDDT
March 23rd, 2021, 17:59
I don't mind the author 'ID', I just wanted to know whether this new version was so different it had to have FGU as part of it. I know that the filename doesn't matter when it comes to .ext files (the extension xml drives what you see in FG) but I was wondering why the sudden change :-)

I always rename the exts to the name that is shown in game so I don't mess up what I'm loading.
So many ext makers will call the file name different than the name that shows up on the list where you load the exts and confuses me.

Noelus
March 29th, 2021, 13:32
Parcels show weight in them. Coins are assigned weights in options currencies. In 5E that would be 0.02 for all of them.

In case I have to spell it out - put parcel in item called bag of coins and keep all your coins in there.

Hoping to not be talked down to again , could you possibly explain how to do this please. I put coins in a parcel as you say (which also as you say correctly calculates coin weight as per weights set in currency option) then drag the parcel into an item created as coin pouch on the pc. The coins are immediately moved to the pc coinage treasure area leaving nothing in the pouch item. Therefore I cannot unequip the pouch to alter player weight. Am I missing something?

I can create a coin parcel and place it within an item in the effects area as per the advanced effects extension but the item weight does not reflect the contents. I did consider creating an item (coin pouch) with a negative weight equal to the weight of coins carried and equipping it when the coins are not carried but unfortunately the weight system doesn't appear to respond to negative numbers.

SilentRuin
March 29th, 2021, 15:26
Hoping to not be talked down to again...

If your going to interpret any explanation as "talked down to", or the manner in which I clarify things instead of bolding the text or putting it in italics, then I think we can probably safely stop here.

To be very clear, all the parcel does is show the total weight of the parcel. All the coin weight does is allow it to be part of the calculation for weight in an inventory (character/npc/parcel).

I have no idea what "advanced effects" is and have never used it so have no reference on what your talking about. If you put a parcel in the text of an item and drop the item in the inventory then you have an item with coins in it. I did not say move the coins from the parcel into the inventory which it sounds like is what you did or tried to do. A parcel cannot be put into inventory (FGU behavior) except by putting the link inside an item. Because of the way FGU works you'd have to look at the parcel weight and assign your item that weight manually - but you asked how you could put coins someplace else. That is a way. It may not be the way you want - but FGU is FGU. This extension will only do what I said to highlight the information after "To be very clear".

But really not much appreciating being told I'm talking down to you when I try to help you solve whatever it is your trying to solve which is outside of the scope of this extension.

So, maybe we end it here. I've described all I can to help you in your quest in what can be done with the coin weight and this extension.

Noelus
March 29th, 2021, 16:20
I don't want to be made out to be the bad guy here. I apologise wholeheartedly if it was not your intention or if I am being oversensitive but to my interpretation 'in case I have to spell it out' is hardly a pleasant way to couch your words. I very much appreciate your attempts to assist and I also enjoy the usefulness of your extensions. I was merely enquiring about the functionality of something I have paid for. Ironically, now that you have 'spelled it out' for me, I understand your resolution better. :)

SilentRuin
March 29th, 2021, 16:51
I don't want to be made out to be the bad guy here. I apologise wholeheartedly if it was not your intention or if I am being oversensitive but to my interpretation 'in case I have to spell it out' is hardly a pleasant way to couch your words. I very much appreciate your attempts to assist and I also enjoy the usefulness of your extensions. I was merely enquiring about the functionality of something I have paid for. Ironically, now that you have 'spelled it out' for me, I understand your resolution better. :)

We are both sensitive ;) So sorry if my "way with words" came off wrong. I suppose I should just bold things or italicize things to put emphasis on them - so sorry it came off wrong.

Not sure there is a "resolution" as the weight is not actually transferred into the item. Personally, I hate the way the entire currency thing works in treating all data as raw number fields and text fields. But not really up for trying to rewrite that and hopefully SW will redo how they handle all that themselves. I have no good solution for currency fields.

Noelus
March 29th, 2021, 17:24
Glad the air is cleared. Your solution does work albeit a tad clumsily (as you say not your fault there) but at least now coins can be placed in an item that can be dropped to lose weight. Thank you

MrDDT
March 29th, 2021, 17:49
I have to say thank you SilentRuin. This ext is a must have for any DM, it's next level VTT stuff.

SilentRuin
March 30th, 2021, 04:04
Weird issue happened to me with 4 live players in TEST server today. The death check is triggering off of combattracker.list.*.status "onUpdate" changes for when I check to see if they are really dead and to drop the parcel on death - but while this works in local testing and in LIVE - it required me (GM) to double click on dead token on map in order to get this to trigger and drop the parcel in TEST server. Made no sense. But I put it here in case someone runs into this while I try to figure out what is going on in TEST server with this trigger. That way they have a work around.

SilentRuin
March 30th, 2021, 17:29
Weird issue happened to me with 4 live players in TEST server today. The death check is triggering off of combattracker.list.*.status "onUpdate" changes for when I check to see if they are really dead and to drop the parcel on death - but while this works in local testing and in LIVE - it required me (GM) to double click on dead token on map in order to get this to trigger and drop the parcel in TEST server. Made no sense. But I put it here in case someone runs into this while I try to figure out what is going on in TEST server with this trigger. That way they have a work around.

And of course I test it in controlled TEST server environment (not with multiple remote players - just player (me) connected to GM (me)) and it works. If you encounter the quoted issue above just make sure GM combat tracker is up and you double click on the dead token on the map - somehow that forces the update to get pushed through the DB if it had not been before. Below are pictures of my test - basically thunderwaving 20 kobolds - while it took 25 seconds to update all the graphics (and create all the parcel drops on death) on GM and player side it worked completely. I know I had combat tracker up in both player and GM side - other than that no idea how to duplicate the problem for sure now.

Targeting kobolds

Thunderwave kobolds

Parcels dropped on death (25 seconds later - it shows it doing one at a time in GM side and the player side which is last to finish)

mordkhaan
April 2nd, 2021, 06:02
Quick Clarification question as after reading the whole forum, watching the video and having done some experimenting, am still not 100% certain I have this correct.
1 - Parcel when dropped on Map becomes Public, shows the P on right in Parcels gui and players can all remove and add items to it as well as seeing it in their Parcels gui
2 - Deletion of Parcel on Map then removes the Public flag and players can no longer see the parcel in their Parcels gui
3 - Right Click on Parcel in Parcels gui and choose share, returns the Public flag, making it visible to players again for removing and adding things to the parcel
4 - Manually remove the Public flag again and then drag the parcel over a players portrait sharing the parcel with them, now shows S to the right in Parcels gui. They are able to remove items from the parcel but ARE NOT able to place items in it.
Thinking of the example made of Individual Bags of Holding, these would need to be public for players to be able to place items inside them, and hence they could interact with other player's bags by accessing via the Parcel's gui?

SilentRuin
April 2nd, 2021, 06:30
Quick Clarification question as after reading the whole forum, watching the video and having done some experimenting, am still not 100% certain I have this correct.
1 - Parcel when dropped on Map becomes Public, shows the P on right in Parcels gui and players can all remove and add items to it as well as seeing it in their Parcels gui
2 - Deletion of Parcel on Map then removes the Public flag and players can no longer see the parcel in their Parcels gui
3 - Right Click on Parcel in Parcels gui and choose share, returns the Public flag, making it visible to players again for removing and adding things to the parcel
4 - Manually remove the Public flag again and then drag the parcel over a players portrait sharing the parcel with them, now shows S to the right in Parcels gui. They are able to remove items from the parcel but ARE NOT able to place items in it.
Thinking of the example made of Individual Bags of Holding, these would need to be public for players to be able to place items inside them, and hence they could interact with other player's bags by accessing via the Parcel's gui?

1) Correct
2) Typically you would delete the Parcel itself if you were done with it and it would automatically delete the map. But I sometimes save a parcel for a surprise (no surprise if they can see a token) and have the image of the parcel stamped in map then when the time is right I drag the parcel token matching image over that and drop it over the image so it is now clickable. Of course I don't trust that people won't spy in their parcels button for public parcels that are not locked so if I want them secret I also unshare them. When they get placed in map they will go public again. Then depending on the unlock button status the players can grab it or not. Most people don't bother with what I just described but I'm "fancy" like that ;)
3) You can do that - or you could drag it over their portrait to make it only accessible by one player but really the code does all the sharing management for you so you can completely ignore it if you want. Really how "fancy" you want to get. Most times I'm dead lazy. Create locked parcel and drop it on map and forget about it till party encounters it.
4) Yep you can do that - really your call. I'd go with lazy if you don't really want to manage it and leave all sharing up to the code and just manage the unlock button and selection of a token to place in the map.

Yep bags of holding would be a drag over portrait type of deal if you were picky but your call on how secure you want it to be. I tend to name a bag of holding uniquely in case there is more than one. But really - your free to do what you wish.

And I'm working on a stupid bug for the NPC dropping of weapons/armor etc. that I just found dealing with those new changes with sType - missed one - which basically results in a blank line appearing in the NPC offense combat tracker line instead of showing what you just added. Found it while having equipped effects try to equip/unequip items in NPC main page with that code and realized it no longer was working properly (called this extensions function). So expect an update some time tonight or tomorrow on that depending how late I want to work on it. Pretty late for me now already.

SilentRuin
April 2nd, 2021, 07:06
V1.25 - Bug - Dropping item into NPC was not properly updating the combat tracker offense attack lines. Was broken during the sType code changes in FGU rulesets where I missed updating one - result was a blank attack line. Also made it so that you do not have to unlock the record to drop an item into it and added "reference_equipment" which was missing as a valid drop item (module data). Keep in mind if you remove armor you'll also have to update the armor field which got updated if it was dropped in by this code.

mordkhaan
April 2nd, 2021, 08:19
1) Correct
2) Typically you would delete the Parcel itself if you were done with it and it would automatically delete the map. But I sometimes save a parcel for a surprise (no surprise if they can see a token) and have the image of the parcel stamped in map then when the time is right I drag the parcel token matching image over that and drop it over the image so it is now clickable. Of course I don't trust that people won't spy in their parcels button for public parcels that are not locked so if I want them secret I also unshare them. When they get placed in map they will go public again. Then depending on the unlock button status the players can grab it or not. Most people don't bother with what I just described but I'm "fancy" like that ;)
3) You can do that - or you could drag it over their portrait to make it only accessible by one player but really the code does all the sharing management for you so you can completely ignore it if you want. Really how "fancy" you want to get. Most times I'm dead lazy. Create locked parcel and drop it on map and forget about it till party encounters it.
4) Yep you can do that - really your call. I'd go with lazy if you don't really want to manage it and leave all sharing up to the code and just manage the unlock button and selection of a token to place in the map.

Yep bags of holding would be a drag over portrait type of deal if you were picky but your call on how secure you want it to be. I tend to name a bag of holding uniquely in case there is more than one. But really - your free to do what you wish.

And I'm working on a stupid bug for the NPC dropping of weapons/armor etc. that I just found dealing with those new changes with sType - missed one - which basically results in a blank line appearing in the NPC offense combat tracker line instead of showing what you just added. Found it while having equipped effects try to equip/unequip items in NPC main page with that code and realized it no longer was working properly (called this extensions function). So expect an update some time tonight or tomorrow on that depending how late I want to work on it. Pretty late for me now already.

Right, thanks for the prompt response:)
Main thing was making sure that the drag over portrait thing would only allow players to grab from parcel not add back to it as I saw, and not that I had screwed something up!

SilentRuin
April 2nd, 2021, 16:33
Right, thanks for the prompt response:)
Main thing was making sure that the drag over portrait thing would only allow players to grab from parcel not add back to it as I saw, and not that I had screwed something up!

Yeah have a thread on basic FGU behavior to share any DB node by dragging it onto the portrait. While I do my own sharing in the code - I do not stop you from doing your own through normal FGU behaviors (though some may be "enhanced" in my extensions as I've overriden parts of it). So basic FGU sharing should still behave as normal to a user.

mordkhaan
April 2nd, 2021, 21:17
Yeah have a thread on basic FGU behavior to share any DB node by dragging it onto the portrait. While I do my own sharing in the code - I do not stop you from doing your own through normal FGU behaviors (though some may be "enhanced" in my extensions as I've overriden parts of it). So basic FGU sharing should still behave as normal to a user.

So just another check then, will your sharing code provide a "take out and put in" version of the Bag of Holding?
That does not require the parcel to be Public

SilentRuin
April 2nd, 2021, 21:41
So just another check then, will your sharing code provide a "take out and put in" version of the Bag of Holding?
That does not require the parcel to be Public

It does nothing with that as it does not require a token which is where all the sharing logic is when you put it in map. Any sharing for a non tokenized parcel that is not in the map is on you.

mordkhaan
April 2nd, 2021, 22:09
It does nothing with that as it does not require a token which is where all the sharing logic is when you put it in map. Any sharing for a non tokenized parcel that is not in the map is on you.

Thanks again, good to know!

kevininrussia
April 3rd, 2021, 06:11
Is there a setting so a PC does not ever drop a parcel? I see in Options there is an option that affects both PC and NPC. Maybe that could be separate? One for PC and one for NPC. Last game two players died and dumped their goods and was a pain putting everything back when they were revived.

SilentRuin
April 3rd, 2021, 06:45
Is there a setting so a PC does not ever drop a parcel? I see in Options there is an option that affects both PC and NPC. Maybe that could be separate? One for PC and one for NPC. Last game two players died and dumped their goods and was a pain putting everything back when they were revived.

How can you consider dragging the parcel link back into the inventory of the dead player painful? That’s literally less trouble than doing almost anything. And if you followed my directions on making the [MP] LOOT a delete on transfer there is nothing even left to cleanup. I do this all the time and it takes 2 seconds to do the whole transfer - and I’m slow.

kevininrussia
April 3rd, 2021, 06:56
How can you consider dragging the parcel link back into the inventory of the dead player painful? That’s literally less trouble than doing almost anything. And if you followed my directions on making the [MP] LOOT a delete on transfer there is nothing even left to cleanup. I do this all the time and it takes 2 seconds to do the whole transfer - and I’m slow.

Because there are other settings, effects, and other character sheet adjustments that I have to do besides just copying the loot parcel back to the character sheet. So, its a pain in the A$$. Anyway, I assume its not something you will change so I will see if I can tinker with the code myself.

SilentRuin
April 3rd, 2021, 07:06
Because there are other settings, effects, and other character sheet adjustments that I have to do besides just copying the loot parcel back to the character sheet. So, its a pain in the A$$. Anyway, I assume its not something you will change so I will see if I can tinker with the code myself.

What can this extension effect besides dumping everything into parcel? Or putting it back in? This extension does not deal with settings or other considerations. So have no idea in 5E what your talking about.

kevininrussia
April 3rd, 2021, 07:12
What can this extension effect besides dumping everything into parcel? Or putting it back in? This extension does not deal with settings or other considerations. So have no idea in 5E what your talking about.

I asked you a simple question. If you cant or wont do it, just say it. I'm not interested in holding your hand describing what I am talking about.

SilentRuin
April 3rd, 2021, 07:21
I asked you a simple question. If you cant or wont do it, just say it. I'm not interested in holding your hand describing what I am talking about.

You asked me to change something for reasons that you won’t explain citing things this extension does not modify and won’t tell me how it’s happening in 5E - then acted like I’ve done something wrong in asking how what your saying is happening?

If there is a problem I want to know what it is not some broad general statement claiming it effects stuff I don’t understand how it can effect.

But keep it a secret by all means. If I can’t duplicate the problem I’m certainly not fixing it or implementing changes for it.

kevininrussia
April 3rd, 2021, 07:32
You asked me to change something for reasons that you won’t explain citing things this extension does not modify and won’t tell me how it’s happening in 5E - then acted like I’ve done something wrong in asking how what your saying is happening?

If there is a problem I want to know what it is not some broad general statement claiming it effects stuff I don’t understand how it can effect.

But keep it a secret by all means. If I can’t duplicate the problem I’m certainly not fixing it or implementing changes for it.

Interesting. You keep writing the word "problem" when I never did. I asked for a feature. In the software business feature requests happen all the time. You have a drop loot ON and OFF for PC and NPC. I asked if its possible to make an ON and OFF for each separately. Anyway, I have other stuff to do so I am finished of this topic.

kevininrussia
April 3rd, 2021, 07:40
And I found a solution in case anybody else wants to not deal with dead characters and loot bags. Apparently if you make a Parcel with the name [LOOT] "character name" no parcel will be made on their death.

SilentRuin
April 3rd, 2021, 07:42
Interesting. You keep writing the word "problem" when I never did. I asked for a feature. In the software business feature requests happen all the time. You have a drop loot ON and OFF for PC and NPC. I asked if its possible to make an ON and OFF for each separately. Anyway, I have other stuff to do so I am finished of this topic.

I’m not going to spam options for no reason - in fact I’d take them out if I could there are way to many already. And I do these extensions for myself. Even so I have a good record of fixing problems.

But I have an even better record for saying NO to things that I won’t use and see no purpose for.

kevininrussia
April 3rd, 2021, 07:47
I’m not going to spam options for no reason - in fact I’d take them out if I could there are way to many already. And I do these extensions for myself. Even so I have a good record of fixing problems.

But I have an even better record for saying NO to things that I won’t use and see no purpose for.

So next time follow your record and write "NO" Will save us both a lot of time.

SilentRuin
April 3rd, 2021, 07:53
So next time follow your record and write "NO" Will save us both a lot of time.

I don’t say NO when someone says it’s screwing up a bunch of stuff.

Unless they refuse to tell me how it’s messing the stuff up they say it is.

This whole conversation was a waste of time and I still have no explanation of how it messed up the things you say it did.

SilentRuin
April 12th, 2021, 04:22
V1.26 - Bug - ADV or DIS rolls in pick lock and break lock were generating 3 dice. Fixed.

Arghun
April 13th, 2021, 12:46
Not sure this is possible (or should I say how hard it would be to implement) but here it is:

I'd like to see the following behaviour on NPC death:

- reuse the NPC token as map parcel token
- remove the NPC from the combat tracker (hence removing the NPC token from the map)

That way it would feel more 'natural': the NPC looks like it's still there, its 'body' contains the parcel (that might or might not be empty).

Why the change:

- less clutter on the map
- feels more natural, right now when I set NOT to drop any empty parcel my players easily understand which monster to loot or not. If I want them to be 'surprised' then I have parcels all over the map for large fights and it's a great experience to see all those 'loot' bags on the map (even less when they're empty). If I turn on Don't drop on empty parcel then it's less clutter but also removes some of the decision making process from players (and hence less roleplay immersion I feel).

BTW if you can make it work/reuse some polymorphism function I don't mind it to be a dependency to have that functionality working (if that can help at all, not sure about it), it would also create in incentive for DMs to purchase your poly extension

Another thing I'd love to see is the ability to set other skills/stats checks in order to unlock the parcel.
Let me explain: party kills a beast, I'd like to be able to set a nature/survival DC to skin the beast or an Investigation or Arcana DC so that I can determine whether they find something on a body. A drop down box to list the skill would be great to have when creating the parcel!

Thanks for all your great extensions!

SilentRuin
April 13th, 2021, 15:57
Not sure this is possible (or should I say how hard it would be to implement) but here it is:

I'd like to see the following behaviour on NPC death:

- reuse the NPC token as map parcel token
- remove the NPC from the combat tracker (hence removing the NPC token from the map)

That way it would feel more 'natural': the NPC looks like it's still there, its 'body' contains the parcel (that might or might not be empty).

Why the change:

- less clutter on the map
- feels more natural, right now when I set NOT to drop any empty parcel my players easily understand which monster to loot or not. If I want them to be 'surprised' then I have parcels all over the map for large fights and it's a great experience to see all those 'loot' bags on the map (even less when they're empty). If I turn on Don't drop on empty parcel then it's less clutter but also removes some of the decision making process from players (and hence less roleplay immersion I feel).

BTW if you can make it work/reuse some polymorphism function I don't mind it to be a dependency to have that functionality working (if that can help at all, not sure about it), it would also create in incentive for DMs to purchase your poly extension

Another thing I'd love to see is the ability to set other skills/stats checks in order to unlock the parcel.
Let me explain: party kills a beast, I'd like to be able to set a nature/survival DC to skin the beast or an Investigation or Arcana DC so that I can determine whether they find something on a body. A drop down box to list the skill would be great to have when creating the parcel!

Thanks for all your great extensions!

The only rule in getting me to change my extensions is to convince me I want to use the changes. I'm afraid I for sure do not want these changes in my games. Here is why:

1) I use Death Indicator Extension (free) to have PC/NPC tokens change to tombstone(s) (or whatever I have loaded in assets for that) when all death saving throws have failed - dead dead. As my players often make mistakes and I have to "bring something back to life" I don't want to expend any effort on it. With this I simply reset the HP and the token automatically resets back to regular token. I have no desire to ever not notice DEAD things in CT or Map by a simple glance. Leaving their tokens as they were is a non starter for me. Plus they regularly have me unclutter CT and Map by deleting the tombstones (NPC) when we are sure they are really dead.
2) Map Parcel drops any token - a pillar of salt - rubble - stone statue - whatever image you used into bottom right of the dead dead PC/NPC. I use a bag image myself. If you want to define specific loot parcel template for each CT entry or a given type - more power to you. But I'm not going to lose my ability in recovering something easily when they are dead by mistake. Which currently involves simply setting the HP back to what they should be and dragging the parcel sheet link into the PC/NPC inventory to put everything back which auto deletes the parcel (because I define loot parcels that way as I suggested you all do).
3) If I wish to have something else to unlock the parcel I simply tell them to roll that skill. Either way you have to unlock the parcel yourself when you feel they have opened it. I'm only providing the generic stuff to do this that I personally use on a regular basis.

That in a nutshell is why I don't want to do this. I have to really want something to expend the energy to code it. Sorry.

Arghun
April 14th, 2021, 19:23
Yeah, I'm all up for immersion and user friendliness.

For me having the monster have the 'loot' in its body/token seems great. Whatever that means in terms of implementation. Since I'm not the developer I don't have anything to say about what will come into the extension (product). I'm just a customer nothing else.

SilentRuin
April 14th, 2021, 19:50
Yeah, I'm all up for immersion and user friendliness.

For me having the monster have the 'loot' in its body/token seems great. Whatever that means in terms of implementation. Since I'm not the developer I don't have anything to say about what will come into the extension (product). I'm just a customer nothing else.

Then just do what you said you wanted to do. Make an "[MP] LOOT <type>" parcel and drop the token you want in it. For example, I have a group of NPC orcs. I make a loot template parcel of "[MP] LOOT humanoid (orc)" and drop in an image I've made that is of a dead orc. Every time an orc dies it drops a map parcel in the form of a dead orc for things that match "humanoid (orc)" type in the DB. You can see Type by unlocking the NPC sheet or just the middle text in the description. Then when I'm sure the orc is dead with no mistakes - you delete it off the CT/map leaving the dead orc map parcel. Which if you have the option to allow empty drops will have nothing or its inventory if it had anything. You could do that for any NPC type or specific CT entry name, like "[MP] LOOT orc 12" or something - whatever matches the CT name.

Gist being - you can do what you wanted. You just have to go do it.

SilentRuin
April 21st, 2021, 17:47
V1.27 - Bug - NPC death checks were incorrect on important_npc's when used with death indicator extension so that a parcel would not drop when it should. Fixed.

SilentRuin
April 22nd, 2021, 04:58
If a LOOT parcel does not drop on death and you have the token defined in "[MP] LOOT" template (or type or name version of it) and the options are set to drop loot parcels and if set to not drop empty that the inventory or template had something in it - and it still does not drop a parcel. Check console log or parcel list because it will probably tell you that you already had a [LOOT] parcel of same name in the DB (check your parcels list for the name). This can be left when you don't delete it from some previous drop of the same name. As you should be always defining the template to be delete on transfer and always make sure you actually did the transfer or manually deleted it - this should not happen. But people forget and then reuse names so it can happen.

NickGaidin
April 22nd, 2021, 15:05
Hello! First and foremost, thank you for these extensions! I run the 4-pack and I and my players love the ease of use and added features.

Recently I've run into an issue where I cannot add inventory to NPC's unless I make a copy of them first. Is this as intended? It's not a huge problem, but I am running Lost Mines of Phandelver and it's causing me to have to go into each pre-made encounter and replace the NPC's with copied versions so I can add items to produce loot.

I haven't tested anything on my end as far as disabling other extensions, so don't do any digging, just curious if you can answer off the top of your head.

If it's not intended to work this way, or you don't experience this, I'll poke around and see if it's one of my other extensions causing it.

Thanks!

*I have downloaded the newest versions also.

SilentRuin
April 22nd, 2021, 15:10
Hello! First and foremost, thank you for these extensions! I run the 4-pack and I and my players love the ease of use and added features.

Recently I've run into an issue where I cannot add inventory to NPC's unless I make a copy of them first. Is this as intended? It's not a huge problem, but I am running Lost Mines of Phandelver and it's causing me to have to go into each pre-made encounter and replace the NPC's with copied versions so I can add items to produce loot.

I haven't tested anything on my end as far as disabling other extensions, so don't do any digging, just curious if you can answer off the top of your head.

If it's not intended to work this way, or you don't experience this, I'll poke around and see if it's one of my other extensions causing it.

Thanks!

Per the .txt file it is designed to not treat parcels as map parcels if they are read only. I originally did that to keep module parcels from looking different than they originally did. I can't remember if there was an actual reason for doing that other than that. I believe because the token has to be added into it to place it in a map that it had to be available in the local database. For instance, in my COS campaign I ended up replacing all the parcels in the story with my own copies during any prep before the games. I'm don't really remember what happened when I originally looked into it but I can revisit and see if it was really required to block those read only parcels for some reason if you really want me to. Let me know. And 4 pack? My extensions are in my signature - 2 free ones - and 6 paid ones. Not sure what the 4 pack is. There is a 6 pack in DMsG with all of them - and maybe one or two others I've forgotten - Grim Press controls the packs.

NickGaidin
April 22nd, 2021, 18:21
Sorry, perhaps I posted this in the wrong extension - the parcels are working fine. It's the NPC's I'm having the trouble with - I can't add to their inventory. I have to make a copy of the NPC first in order to add inventory. NPC's from modules don't allow me to add to their inventory. And it's not just locked NPCs (red lock).

These are the four extensions of yours I have running:

Generic Actions
Equipped Effects
Polymorphism
Map Parcels

Grim Press offered them as a bundle.

Thanks again.

SilentRuin
April 22nd, 2021, 19:26
Sorry, perhaps I posted this in the wrong extension - the parcels are working fine. It's the NPC's I'm having the trouble with - I can't add to their inventory. I have to make a copy of the NPC first in order to add inventory. NPC's from modules don't allow me to add to their inventory. And it's not just locked NPCs (red lock).

These are the four extensions of yours I have running:

Generic Actions
Equipped Effects
Polymorphism
Map Parcels

Grim Press offered them as a bundle.

Thanks again.

No there is also Combat groups (I can't prep any game without it) and Assistant GM in that pack - you must have just bought it before those were added in.

I have no control over the fact an NPC from a mod can be write locked - in which case - you can't modify it. You copy them to modify them. While Map Parcel will add in the inventory tab - nothing can make it write into a write locked entry. Even when you do that on your own? Your writing over a memory loaded version of it which will be lost if you ever reload the module. I can't really prevent that - hence why if you plan to make your own inventory holding NPC's outside of CT (which is a DB memory version and not write locked) then you have to make a copy.

Just make a CT entry of whatever you want and copy it back into the NPC list - that will make sure it is good to go and in the local DB.

NickGaidin
April 22nd, 2021, 20:06
Ahhh - ok this did it for me. I have to add them to the CT first, then I can add inventory, that's the piece I was missing. Thank you!

I'll check out the other two extensions as well. I know you created these for yourself, but thank you for sharing and for keeping them updated. You're a rock star! ��

SilentRuin
April 22nd, 2021, 21:35
Ahhh - ok this did it for me. I have to add them to the CT first, then I can add inventory, that's the piece I was missing. Thank you!

I'll check out the other two extensions as well. I know you created these for yourself, but thank you for sharing and for keeping them updated. You're a rock star! ��

Well if you plan to have a ready made NPC for adding into CT or encounters then you'll want to copy a working version with base stuff in the inventory back into NPC list (I usually make my own group/category for them)- if you watch the "bad bear" video (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67956-quot-Bad-Bear-quot-Prepare-to-be-bored-a-long-soundless-video-I-did-for-fun) I made you can see where I actually use the tables with a parcel to generate some random cash.

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 00:28
Hi Silent,

ignore this. I have a conflict.

Web

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 01:01
I reloaded with only the parcel ext. I am now getting the proper parcel UI.
I created an aarakocra. I tried dragging a PHB greataxe directly from items, or from a parcel. In both cases
it appeared in inventory, but it did not add the greataxe to available weapons on the CT NPC or the NPC sheet as the videos indicate.
Lock picking and breaking appear to work.

SilentRuin
April 30th, 2021, 01:56
I reloaded with only the parcel ext. I am now getting the proper parcel UI.
I created an aarakocra. I tried dragging a PHB greataxe directly from items, or from a parcel. In both cases
it appeared in inventory, but it did not add the greataxe to available weapons on the CT NPC or the NPC sheet as the videos indicate.
Lock picking and breaking appear to work.

Adding weapons only works if you drop in main tab (which will add to inventory also) just like video shows. One of the few things in videos that might be up to date with all this thread's text updates. I can't remember if you have to unlock it or not - at one time you did but I "think" I changed it to not require that? Not sure. Read the thread or version updates for that info.

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 03:58
The fix, you must drag weapons or armor to the main page rather than to inventory. All functions appear to be working. Pardon the disturbance.

If a player is killed and their inventory is removed will that erase all attributes of weapons that they may have arranged on their character sheet?

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 04:05
I tested and unlocking is not necessary. I also tested and it does wipe all customization the may have been done to the weapons in the action tab, so I am sure my players would not want that. It would be nice if I could allow NPC death drops parcel onlly.

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 04:06
Thanks for the quick reply :)

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 04:07
A very nice extension. with the player full control of owned NPC aspect of polymorphism it will open up a new area for customizing minions of which my players have quite a few.

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 04:10
Now to find out what was conflicting with it... confirmed. The conflict is with the "ID All" extension.
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/321213/Fantasy-Grounds-ID-All?term=id+all+&filters=0_0_0_0_0_0_45545_0

SilentRuin
April 30th, 2021, 04:43
The fix, you must drag weapons or armor to the main page rather than to inventory. All functions appear to be working. Pardon the disturbance.

If a player is killed and their inventory is removed will that erase all attributes of weapons that they may have arranged on their character sheet?

No if they are dead they are dead. And I can't count how many times something dies and it turns out to be a mistake and I have to drop the loot back into their inventory with parcel sheet link (so it auto deletes) and set HP back to live. I don't want anything to mess up that recovery. Plus if your dead dead - your dead who cares.

SilentRuin
April 30th, 2021, 04:46
Now to find out what was conflicting with it... confirmed. The conflict is with the "ID All" extension.
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/321213/Fantasy-Grounds-ID-All?term=id+all+&filters=0_0_0_0_0_0_45545_0

Good to know but nothing I can do if they override code I use (i.e. not call the original version of it). Or if I have to override something they use. Though in that case their stuff would not work and mine would so its the other way around here. I try to keep my stuff calling the original code so that if I have a higher load order I don't stomp anyone, but sometimes things just conflict. Extensions = RISK.

mattekure
April 30th, 2021, 12:47

I'm not sure what you are seeing. I just did a test with only these two extensions loaded. I tried copying an parcel from a module, and creating a new blank parcel and both displayed correctly.

https://imgur.com/TkaEu2I.jpg

SilentRuin
April 30th, 2021, 13:55
I'm not sure what you are seeing. I just did a test with only these two extensions loaded. I tried copying an parcel from a module, and creating a new blank parcel and both displayed correctly.

https://imgur.com/TkaEu2I.jpg

That looks correct and don't see any conflict at all. For sure I won't show that sheet modification if it is a read only module parcel (require it to be copied to write to it) - but that has nothing to do with your stuff. If you find a specific problem just PM and we can work out something. But as you point out - this looks fine.

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 17:49
Curiouser and curiouser...

The one difference that I see is the order of Map Parcel and ID all. Mine reports ID All last in chat, Mattekure's reports Map Parcel last. What determines the chat order?

Both extensions have loadorder 99. I tried changing Map Parcel's loadorder to 98 and to 100, but that had no effect.

Without ID All it works

webdove
April 30th, 2021, 17:51
Why do my images appear in the WYSIWYG editor and then not appear in the actual post? I have "Show Images" checked in settings.

SilentRuin
April 30th, 2021, 19:21
Curiouser and curiouser...

The one difference that I see is the order of Map Parcel and ID all. Mine reports ID All last in chat, Mattekure's reports Map Parcel last. What determines the chat order?

Both extensions have loadorder 99. I tried changing Map Parcel's loadorder to 98 and to 100, but that had no effect.

Without ID All it works

No idea I don't use it.

SilentRuin
April 30th, 2021, 19:22
Why do my images appear in the WYSIWYG editor and then not appear in the actual post? I have "Show Images" checked in settings.

No idea what you are talking about not sure why you are asking this here.

SilentRuin
May 4th, 2021, 00:03
V1.28 - Feature - New option "Effects will determine NPC AC bonus" defaulted to "on" added. Basically when you drop and item into an NPC main page it will modify the AC to include the bonus value. But when using equipped effects with data that has effects defined to handle those bonuses you do not want those to be added into the main page. This option is defaulted as the way I use things, which is with equipped effects and Aridhro's 5E automated data that has effects defined for these things that will be applied to NPC's combat tracker entry. If you don't have equipped effects or data that defines effects for your NPC's combat tracker entry to apply to armor bonuses - then you can set this to "off" as it used to be - which caused problems with equipped effects adding the additional armor bonus on top of what was already put in NPC AC stat.

SilentRuin
May 7th, 2021, 19:54
V1.29 - Feature - created new function for 3rd party use to override what is used to look up [MP] LOOT parcel template variations. No change/impact to normal users.

Just something I did for another extension who wanted to run with mine.

SirMotte
May 8th, 2021, 22:43
V1.29 - Feature - created new function for 3rd party use to override what is used to look up [MP] LOOT parcel template variations. No change/impact to normal users.

Just something I did for another extension who wanted to run with mine.

Thanks for doing this :)

JBeesing
May 10th, 2021, 00:17
First of all, I'd like to apoligize if this question has already been aswered. I didn't read through all 300 posts on this thread.

It seems that if I try to export parcels made by this extension, they are exported as conventional parcels. It doesn't matter that I have the extension enabled in both the exported campaign and the new campaign that I create from the exported one. Am I missing something? Or am I going to have to create new parcels every time I start a new campaign?

SilentRuin
May 10th, 2021, 00:28
First of all, I'd like to apoligize if this question has already been aswered. I didn't read through all 300 posts on this thread.

It seems that if I try to export parcels made by this extension, they are exported as conventional parcels. It doesn't matter that I have the extension enabled in both the exported campaign and the new campaign that I create from the exported one. Am I missing something? Or am I going to have to create new parcels every time I start a new campaign?

I think it was discussed at some point previously in here, but basically the parcel sheet will only show map parcel data if its read/write in local DB. Designed that way to insure things can be changed in it. This means you pretty much have to make a copy of it if its coming out of a .mod file so that it has access to modify the data. That was simply a design choice early on.

And the way I modify my extensions on a continual basis - the only way you'll know what it does is to read all the version updates on page 1 (or in .txt file when I run out of room on page 1). And even then, to know the thoughts behind those changes you'd have to read through or keep up with my running commentary of changes in here.

No rule that you have to though. You can just use the parts you want after all - no crime in that.

JBeesing
May 10th, 2021, 00:39
So, if I understand you correctly, if I'm making a .mod file by exporting a campaign, I should simply make conventional parcels. Then, when I create the new campaign from that .mod file, I will need to take those original parcels and copy them into new MP parcels, chose whether they are locked or not, assign them a token, assign them a pick lock and break lock DC, chose if they players will see the rolls or not, and place the token on the map.

Please forgive me, but that seems like an awful lot of work to do each time I create a campaign. Wouldn't it make more sense to make it so that a GM/DM could do all that work once, producing a .mod file that is ready for multiple campaigns?

SilentRuin
May 10th, 2021, 00:46
So, if I understand you correctly, if I'm making a .mod file by exporting a campaign, I should simply make conventional parcels. Then, when I create the new campaign from that .mod file, I will need to take those original parcels and copy them into new MP parcels, chose whether they are locked or not, assign them a token, assign them a pick lock and break lock DC, chose if they players will see the rolls or not, and place the token on the map.

Please forgive me, but that seems like an awful lot of work to do each time I create a campaign. Wouldn't it make more sense to make it so that a GM/DM could do all that work once, producing a .mod file that is ready for multiple campaigns?

Like an NPC in a .mod file, to change it you must copy it first. And with map parcels, who are designed to be changed as their base capability - they have to be read/write accessible in local DB. If you have .mod version of them - like the NPC - you simply copy it. Then its fully ready to go with whatever you stored in module. There is no case where a map parcel will not be modifiable in its normal life cycle - it's designed to have things removed and added - deleted entirely - and to be DYNAMIC data. It cannot be that if not read/write changeable.

So, while I understand you want to package up non changing data as a map parcel - that is not what it is for. It's dynamic data accessible and manipulatable by the players. Or the host. It's its very nature and purpose to be dynamic data.

Read only data cannot be that. So it isn't. Work or not - nature of the beast. Best you will be able to do with a .mod is make a copy of the map parcel so it shows up in the sheet (meaning it recognizes it is now DYNAMIC data).

FyreM
May 10th, 2021, 04:15
I will be using a .mod file to "transfer" all the [MP] LOOT <creaturename> items from one game to another. i just have to "drag each one to "uncatagoryized" (thus copying) .. and off i GO with a new game and my 100+ prebuilt MP's waiting.

SilentRuin
May 10th, 2021, 04:42
I will be using a .mod file to "transfer" all the [MP] LOOT <creaturename> items from one game to another. i just have to "drag each one to "uncatagoryized" (thus copying) .. and off i GO with a new game and my 100+ prebuilt MP's waiting.

I don't think that will work unless these are unique creatures. For instance, if you use the name (combat tracker) for an orc in my world it would be "[MP] LOOT Orc 12" and would not match any other Orc. Now if its a unique creature your fine with the CT name approach. Otherwise I'd go with type if its generic - like "[MP] LOOT humanoid (orc)" or whatever the NPC type in CT DB is defined as (just unlock the CT sheet and you should see it or it will be the string between size and the first comma in locked sheet).

Also, I like to make my own categories to put things in - uncategorized is a bit too generic a place where lots of other things might be.

And I like to use NPC inventory to drop loot with generic "[MP] LOOT" for simplicity. If I create a stock NPC I make sure it has whatever items or money it will drop. So much simpler than trying to get a specific loot template for everything. But I'm dead lazy.

FyreM
May 10th, 2021, 05:45
I don't think that will work unless these are unique creatures. For instance, if you use the name (combat tracker) for an orc in my world it would be "[MP] LOOT Orc 12" and would not match any other Orc. Now if its a unique creature your fine with the CT name approach. Otherwise I'd go with type if its generic - like "[MP] LOOT humanoid (orc)" or whatever the NPC type in CT DB is defined as (just unlock the CT sheet and you should see it or it will be the string between size and the first comma in locked sheet).

Also, I like to make my own categories to put things in - uncategorized is a bit too generic a place where lots of other things might be.

And I like to use NPC inventory to drop loot with generic "[MP] LOOT" for simplicity. If I create a stock NPC I make sure it has whatever items or money it will drop. So much simpler than trying to get a specific loot template for everything. But I'm dead lazy.

hmm, strange.
I have exactly this "[MP] LOOT Orc" and "[MP] Loot Goblin" .. etc etc...
i also have the CT set to use Random numbering.
Every orc that dies, makes a properly filled loot bag token.
Every goblin that dies, makes a properly filled loot bag token.

Ogre, Flesh Golmn, etc. etc..

hmm, Perhaps it is interacting with "NPC Random Treasure Generator" ?
or perhaps this Setting comes from : "Map Parcels Use Specific NPC type:" i have set to OFF.

FyreM
May 10th, 2021, 05:58
or.... i may have not tested this well enough. sigh.
if there is ONE gobline. sure, it works - because no number is used
.sigh.

back to the drawing board.

so.... would it even be Possible for you to have it 'ignore' the numbers at the end of a CT name? .. perahps as a Settings option...

SilentRuin
May 10th, 2021, 06:11
.sigh.

so.... would it even be Possible for you to have it 'ignore' the numbers at the end of a CT name? .. perahps as a Settings option...

I can only tell you what my extension does - I did make a recent code modification so that guy could override how that is done and code suggestions on how he should do it but have no idea what he actually did with it. So you are on your own there.

SilentRuin
May 10th, 2021, 16:50
.sigh.

Note on editing replies - I won't get notified something has changed - just happened to reread my response and noticed the quote had changed.

But to answer you - no. This is a name match - don't care what the name is - its a unique name in the CT entry. As I told you if you want something generic for all orcs then use type option I mentioned earlier.

FyreM
May 10th, 2021, 19:20
understood.
I will get it figured out.

BubbaGrim
May 16th, 2021, 23:14
Any chance that you'll make this work with https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327354/Fantasy-Grounds-NPC-Random-Treasure-Drops? Some of the formatting is weird on the players side.

SilentRuin
May 16th, 2021, 23:32
Any chance that you'll make this work with https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327354/Fantasy-Grounds-NPC-Random-Treasure-Drops? Some of the formatting is weird on the players side.

Never used it. You will have to ask him about it - I think he’s the one who asked for a hook into my code recently - a recent version update - but I have no plans on doing anything about something I don’t personally use.

kevininrussia
May 23rd, 2021, 19:51
In manager_mapparcel.lua

-- BUGS
-- Why is DC roll not being hidden when hidden is selected

I am running into this issue where if the player rolls to pick or break the lock the DC is shown in the chat box. For example it will show (vs. DC 20)
If the GM is rolling then the roll is hidden.

Is this still an issue?

SilentRuin
May 23rd, 2021, 21:28
In manager_mapparcel.lua

-- BUGS
-- Why is DC roll not being hidden when hidden is selected

I am running into this issue where if the player rolls to pick or break the lock the DC is shown in the chat box. For example it will show (vs. DC 20)
If the GM is rolling then the roll is hidden.

Is this still an issue?

Yep never fixed it. Decided if they wanted it hidden they could not enter one - and just check vs number that they wanted vs the resulting roll and determine success or failure themselves.

Basically the manager_action_save.lua code has an applysave function that will always build that text if the DC is present - with no respect of any bSecret or bTower rolls. It was not worth overriding that for all things or making some special case for it. Basically if something uses the generic save roll code and provides a DC - it will be displayed.

Ramza
May 29th, 2021, 23:49
I apologize if this was already answered, I did not read through the entire page. Less of a support question and more of a feature question. Would I be able to create a parcel for a players backpack for them to store their smaller items inside? The intent being to organize their inventory. I know it requires them to have access to a map with a token representing their stuff. Having an additional token for everyone's packs sounds annoying but I could perhaps have it in an image only available to me and that pc. If they lose access to their pack I'd remove their access to the image the token is stored on.

Thank you for your time. I think it will work this way, the only thing is I may have to manually edit the weight on their inventory page if it changes significantly.

SilentRuin
May 30th, 2021, 00:17
I apologize if this was already answered, I did not read through the entire page. Less of a support question and more of a feature question. Would I be able to create a parcel for a players backpack for them to store their smaller items inside? The intent being to organize their inventory. I know it requires them to have access to a map with a token representing their stuff. Having an additional token for everyone's packs sounds annoying but I could perhaps have it in an image only available to me and that pc. If they lose access to their pack I'd remove their access to the image the token is stored on.

Thank you for your time. I think it will work this way, the only thing is I may have to manually edit the weight on their inventory page if it changes significantly.

GASP! You did not read my entire running commentary with text walls??? I'm hurt ;)

Think of it this way, you take any asset you want to drop into the token field of the parcel. Then you drag that token field into the map. It is there permanently until you remove it. Now given your question - I'm not sure you need my extension to do that - especially if your not dropping it in a map and its always local to that user. I think all you have to do is create a parcel called backpack - put stuff in it - create an item called small backpack - drop the parcel into that backpack - and presto - put the item in their inventory and you can have them access that parcel. Now I "think" you can do that in normal FGU - but you should try it. For sure in my world of additional features I know you can do that - but try it out in normal FGU you may not even need this extension.

pr6i6e6st
May 31st, 2021, 17:18

This is kind of already a thing with the “location” field of items in the inventory, if all it is is organization.

If you enter the name of an item that is in their inventory to the location of another item, they will group together. Changing the equipped/carried state of the container changes it for all the items contained within it.

Jaegar
June 5th, 2021, 17:15
Playing an NPC is amazing now
Thank You!

SilentRuin
June 5th, 2021, 18:06
Playing an NPC is amazing now
Thank You!

Well if you want to give your players the CT host view (on the client) then Assistant GM (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66158-Assistant-GM-Extension-(Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-5E-Ruleset)&p=603349&viewfull=1#post603349) is another piece of the puzzle ;)

Jaegar
June 5th, 2021, 18:57
Well if you want to give your players the CT host view (on the client) then Assistant GM (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66158-Assistant-GM-Extension-(Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-5E-Ruleset)&p=603349&viewfull=1#post603349) is another piece of the puzzle ;)

Already purchased it.
Now they are controlling 75 % of the battle.
My life as a GM just became lazier!

Tanklin Kregin
June 26th, 2021, 20:22
Hello
Probably a newbie to this coding stuff but here goes: All done on a battle map.
I made the [MP] LOOT and attached to a orc. Put through combat on CT. dies, makes [LOOT] Orc/ with loot bag drop. Tried with second orc, kill it in CT. Won't drop another loot bag on to the map. Tried multiple times.

SilentRuin
June 26th, 2021, 21:36
Hello
Probably a newbie to this coding stuff but here goes: All done on a battle map.
I made the [MP] LOOT and attached to a orc. Put through combat on CT. dies, makes [LOOT] Orc/ with loot bag drop. Tried with second orc, kill it in CT. Won't drop another loot bag on to the map. Tried multiple times.

No idea what "attached to a orc" is supposed to mean. Here is how it works. If you have "[MP] LOOT" template parcel created it will use that for everything. If you have an "Orc 1" then it will drop "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel with the inventory of whatever is in your template (usually nothing) and the inventory of the thing that died. If you did not remove the "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel when done with it then if you brought "Orc 1" back to life and then killed it again - it would see "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel already created and would not do anything.

That's how it's supposed to work.

Now lets say you do something crazy. And name everything in your combat tracker with the same name, "RALPH", "RALPH", and "RALPH" - totally confusing but who knows maybe they all have the same name. In that case, there is nothing unique to distinguish the loot parcel from any of them and after the first "RALPH" drops dead - then the "[LOOT] RALPH" is created - and the other "RALPH"'s drop dead - they create nothing - as you know - crazy names are all the same.

But as nobody is going to confuse everyone by naming things the same - that is usually not a problem. The FGU option for NPC's will even insure you don't accidently do that by assigning unique names to them.

So unless you are trying to name everything "Orc" you should not be having a problem.

Tanklin Kregin
June 26th, 2021, 23:15
No idea what "attached to a orc" is supposed to mean. Here is how it works. If you have "[MP] LOOT" template parcel created it will use that for everything. If you have an "Orc 1" then it will drop "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel with the inventory of whatever is in your template (usually nothing) and the inventory of the thing that died. If you did not remove the "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel when done with it then if you brought "Orc 1" back to life and then killed it again - it would see "[LOOT] Orc 1" parcel already created and would not do anything.

That's how it's supposed to work.

Now lets say you do something crazy. And name everything in your combat tracker with the same name, "RALPH", "RALPH", and "RALPH" - totally confusing but who knows maybe they all have the same name. In that case, there is nothing unique to distinguish the loot parcel from any of them and after the first "RALPH" drops dead - then the "[LOOT] RALPH" is created - and the other "RALPH"'s drop dead - they create nothing - as you know - crazy names are all the same.

But as nobody is going to confuse everyone by naming things the same - that is usually not a problem. The FGU option for NPC's will even insure you don't accidently do that by assigning unique names to them.

So unless you are trying to name everything "Orc" you should not be having a problem.

Ty for the reply. I am really new to this, I have to go in and change all the generic orcs in each room, Forge Of Fury, all have generic names, ty for making it clear.

SilentRuin
June 26th, 2021, 23:32
Ty for the reply. I am really new to this, I have to go in and change all the generic orcs in each room, Forge Of Fury, all have generic names, ty for making it clear.

Just use the FGU option to set NPC names unique - then when you drop them in it will do it for you.

JimSocks
August 3rd, 2021, 03:09
Hmm... no matter what I do I can't seem to get the loot icon to pop up on the map when either an NPC or a PC dies... I have toggled the options every which way... They all have inventories... I am not sure what I am missing here. Is this known to be incompatible with anything else?

MrDDT
August 3rd, 2021, 03:19
Hmm... no matter what I do I can't seem to get the loot icon to pop up on the map when either an NPC or a PC dies... I have toggled the options every which way... They all have inventories... I am not sure what I am missing here. Is this known to be incompatible with anything else?

Did you make a loot parcel called [MP] LOOT?

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2021, 06:41

Page 1 has the version info and even a warning about what people forget to do with loot (.txt file has complete version info as not all of it can always fit in page 1 of my extension pages).

JimSocks
August 3rd, 2021, 22:23
Did you make a loot parcel called [MP] LOOT?

Yes, I did that. I read page 1 here top to bottom, and also read the entire .txt file with the instructions as well. I have a parcel template named [MP] LOOT, I have a PC and an NPC on the combat tracker, as well as on a map. I have placed items in both inventories (both manually, and using a dropped parcel- just to check both ways if it made a difference). I have the correct options turned on in the options window, and when the characters die no loot parcel is generated.

EDIT: It was the part where [MP] LOOT parcel NEEDS to have a token assigned to it other than the token that is there when it's created that I missed! I only caught that after a 3rd watch of the video in post #1! Easy detail to miss! Works now I think (only tested once, but BOOM there's the parcel of the NPC on death!)

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2021, 22:43
Yes, I did that. I read page 1 here top to bottom, and also read the entire .txt file with the instructions as well. I have a parcel template named [MP] LOOT, I have a PC and an NPC on the combat tracker, as well as on a map. I have placed items in both inventories (both manually, and using a dropped parcel- just to check both ways if it made a difference). I have the correct options turned on in the options window, and when the characters die no loot parcel is generated.

EDIT: It was the part where [MP] LOOT parcel NEEDS to have a token assigned to it other than the token that is there when it's created that I missed! I only caught that after a 3rd watch of the video in post #1! Easy detail to miss! Works now I think (only tested once, but BOOM there's the parcel of the NPC on death!)

Yep I'd set the don't drop on empty option also - its a pain in the butt when you have some fireball nut kill 20 things and they all drop an empty loot bag ;)

SilentRuin
August 12th, 2021, 02:24
V1.30 - Bug - Dice rolls were not taking into account pick/break lock SKILL or CHECK effects. Fixed.

SilentRuin
August 12th, 2021, 05:59
Fixed for CHECK and SKILL to support following type (strength, athletics, etc.) - not worth a version change

ZoranDob
August 15th, 2021, 08:37
I purchased this extension on Dungeon Masters Guild but since you have moved it to forge, I cannot see it there anymore. How can I update without having to pay again? Thanks.

similarly
August 15th, 2021, 08:54
I purchased this extension on Dungeon Masters Guild but since you have moved it to forge, I cannot see it there anymore. How can I update without having to pay again? Thanks.

It's not for sale, but it's still there.
Go to DMsGuild.
Go to "my library".
To see items that have updated, you can look at "updated only". Otherwise, you can look at "view all".
To see "Map Parcel Extension", in "my library", click on the search bar that says "search within your library"
Search for "map parcel". It should still be in your library. It is for me. If it isn't, contact DMsGuild support.

ZoranDob
August 15th, 2021, 09:19
Thanks for your help. I have found it and now updated.

toastsniffer187
October 21st, 2021, 17:17
scratch that

toastsniffer187
November 10th, 2021, 15:00
Is there any possible way that maybe in the future we can get an update so that this may work with pathfinder 2E. At the moment functionality wise it does what I want it to do. Drops loot when NPC is killed. But the tab location for inventory over rides the spells tab in PF2E. So if the tab could be its own thing would be cool.

SilentRuin
November 10th, 2021, 15:40
Is there any possible way that maybe in the future we can get an update so that this may work with pathfinder 2E. At the moment functionality wise it does what I want it to do. Drops loot when NPC is killed. But the tab location for inventory over rides the spells tab in PF2E. So if the tab could be its own thing would be cool.

Sorry I only play 5e and I personally have no plans to support rulesets I don't use. I might sometime if I get really bored - but no promises. For sure you can edit the code yourself and try and get it to work for you.

toastsniffer187
November 10th, 2021, 15:43
Sorry I only play 5e and I personally have no plans to support rulesets I don't use. I might sometime if I get really bored - but no promises. For sure you can edit the code yourself and try and get it to work for you.

Only if I knew how I may try. But currently the inventory tab covers the spell tab on PF2E. If it could be moved it would work. But figuring out how to move it and how hard that would be. I dont know.

SilentRuin
November 10th, 2021, 17:33
Only if I knew how I may try. But currently the inventory tab covers the spell tab on PF2E. If it could be moved it would work. But figuring out how to move it and how hard that would be. I dont know.

Problem is that originally the CoreRPG ruleset was supposed to be used as a template so all rulesets had a common touchstone to work with - but then many rulesets completely diverged and became completely different and simply doing something consistent in the code became so unique that even things that should have been common sense kept consistent were not even attempted to keep them so. Making extension useable between rulesets requires special coding to work between them and is a pain. I gave up pretty early on trying to figure out the differences as being simply not worth the effort. And to subject to change with no attempt to keep extensions working. Unless I'm using the ruleset (only use 5e) its not something I'd want to be responsible for maintaining.

SilentRuin
November 10th, 2021, 22:53
V1.31 - Feature - added a "Items" and a "Coins" button in Inventory tab left of the coins (had space available). If you click on the Items button then all inventory items marked "Not Carried" will be dropped in a map parcel template token on bottom left of CT map token (chosen as death will drop loot in bottom right). This will only happen if the Drop map parcel template "[MP] DROP" is defined. This works in much the same way as the loot templates so won't cover that here (look up loot mechanism only diff is name of templates). If you select Coins button then all coins will be dropped just like Items button. If the "[DROP] <name>" token that is created by these buttons already exists then it will simply add to that map parcel without recreating it. These are GM only buttons as I don't want players accidentally or intentionally creating tons of bags all over the place - I control when they drop stuff. As long as their inventory items are set to "Not Carried" they will be dropped when the DM double clicks on the Items button. Coins button will always just drop all of them.

Obviously this is a powerful tool - you can play around with it to figure out how to use it. DM only inventory buttons so players can't litter your map with garbage. Did not spend any time on aesthetics for these buttons just jammed them in inventory screen where there was some space. If others use that space in their extensions it may overlap so heads up this was a quick and dirty interface as the code was a pain to get working as I wanted.

SilentRuin
November 10th, 2021, 23:08
Also, unlike Death Loot drop which will do nothing if a map parcel of the same name exists "[LOOT] <name>" that you may have forgotten to delete or something - the "[DROP] <name>" map parcel will just keep putting things into it when you double click on Items (not carried items) and Coins (all coins). So don't wonder "hey I don't see the bag in lower left!". It means you did this sometime before someplace else and never resolved it. So beware - the LOOT/DROP map parcel name is not unique to each drop - only to the CT entry name.

So if you have a magic spell that can just teleport your "stuff" to some chest in some home base - I suppose you can just hit Items and to drop it once then leave and anything dropped after will... of course - go there. Just tools here - what you do to hurt/help yourself is up to you.

If you want to keep a [LOOT] or [DROP] named parcel around longer than the next death or items double click - just rename them to something unique. Then it won't be "found" by either mechanism and it will make something new.

SilentRuin
November 11th, 2021, 15:22
V1.32 - Feature - added option "Display Drop Items and Coins buttons" defaulted to "on". This is so that if V1.31 "Items" and "Coins" buttons in Inventory cause any kind of conflict with some other extension they can be displayed or not immediately simply by turning this option on or off.

SilentRuin
November 22nd, 2021, 20:24
V1.33 - Bug - New buttons in V1.32 were being mistakenly displayed on player side. Fixed.

SilentRuin
December 14th, 2021, 05:20
V1.34 - Feature - Added new option to prevent PCs from dropping a loot parcel "No PC loot parcels" if "PC or NPC death drops parcel" option is on.

I would never turn this option on as if a PC is dead it should drop everything to let other PCs or NPCs snag it. But some don't want that and I don't see harm in providing option as its easy to do.

SilentRuin
December 16th, 2021, 17:14
V1.35 - Bug - Parsing for NPC addition of weapons from the NPC main page does not work unless the text is just so. Fixed how I put NPC main page text for weapon additions by insuring that attack/damage is the very first text and if Melee and Thrown it will repeat the attack/dam as ranged with the proper modifiers. FGU still won't parse it correctly for any 2nd attacks (ranged from thrown) but will parse it correctly in the CT actions for the NPC. This parsing will work (or not for 2nd ranged damage) the same as RAW FGU does now.

This is more visible when you are using the NPC relevant options and equipped effects extension with an inventory of weapons on NPC that is equipped and unequipped. Most users won't ever use or notice this stuff. I do.

razzed1
January 9th, 2022, 16:54
Not sure of the full conflict yet, but this extension: Fantasy Grounds NPC Random Treasure Drops, looks like it puts buttons in the same place as yours and when I turn the extension off, those boxes DO go away.
However, I am still investigating because I cannot yet get the buttons or the image slot for a chest to come back using your extension yet, so there may be further issues.

pr6i6e6st
January 9th, 2022, 17:43
Not sure of the full conflict yet, but this extension: Fantasy Grounds NPC Random Treasure Drops, looks like it puts buttons in the same place as yours and when I turn the extension off, those boxes DO go away.
However, I am still investigating because I cannot yet get the buttons or the image slot for a chest to come back using your extension yet, so there may be further issues.

are you looking at the Random Treasure Parcel or the Parcel? Parcels will have the icon and buttons for Map Parcel, while the Random Treasure Parcel will not, and will have a "generate" button.

razzed1
January 9th, 2022, 17:47
Let me load the screenshots. The first one is with your extension active (Random Treasure Parcels) with a normal, already premade parcel. The second one is the same parcel after turning off the random parcel extension.

pr6i6e6st
January 9th, 2022, 17:50
Let me load the screenshots. The first one is with your extension active (Random Treasure Parcels) with a normal, already premade parcel. The second one is the same parcel after turning off the random parcel extension.

looks as though the map parcels extension features aren't showing in either image. is it showing in the chat log as loaded?

pr6i6e6st
January 9th, 2022, 17:52

are those parcels found in a premade module? i notice a lot of premade parcels that were made without map parcels will not have those features, a duplicate parcel would need to be made if that IS the case

Edit: can tell I woke up late today, you SAID premade parcel and I still asked. Lol but yeah that's probably it

SilentRuin
January 9th, 2022, 18:22
are those parcels found in a premade module? i notice a lot of premade parcels that were made without map parcels will not have those features, a duplicate parcel would need to be made if that IS the case

Edit: can tell I woke up late today, you SAID premade parcel and I still asked. Lol but yeah that's probably it

Yes if its in a module you HAVE to copy it to the local DB to access to it - well spotted ;)

razzed1
January 10th, 2022, 01:53
This was my fault. I t was trying to use parcels that came out of a module instead of making a copy first. All good now. Thanks!

SilentRuin
February 16th, 2022, 23:43
As part of the end of Feburary TEST changes FGU is doing (they now provide coin weight exactly as I did under the currencies button) I'm stripping out all my coin weight logic and using their method to extract the weight for parcel weight totals. Just FYI - this will be removed as part of map parcels even though when you look at the currencies button it will look the same (except a new value column next to the Wt column of 0.02).

webdove
February 17th, 2022, 00:17
Thank you kind sir.

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2022, 00:21
Thank you kind sir.

I'm sure they will go LIVE when I'm not around - its not something I can update without it in LIVE so likely there will be a period where map parcels has an additional wt column or overlays theirs - I never actually looked at it before I fixed it there. Also the item/coins button in treasure is moving to the far right as the space on the left no longer exists as the coin data is no longer offset from the left.

SilentRuin
March 3rd, 2022, 16:52
V1.36 - FGU changes - updated extension to be compatible with new FGU changes to currencies. This will no longer support coin weight as FGU now does this.

SilentRuin
March 3rd, 2022, 23:21
With new update the Item/Coin buttons in inventory currency section had to be moved to the right side of it which only fits if the sheet has minimum width set. In general I recommend turning these two buttons off (first option in map parcels at moment) unless you need them then turn them on. They are just used for dropping all coins or dropping all inventory equipment currently set to none into a loot bag. You'd have to see the version description it was created under to see the full info on them. Just FYI.

SilentRuin
March 5th, 2022, 16:37
V1.37 - Bug - Item and Coin buttons for V1.31 have been moved to left of treasure title to prevent being overlayed onto the coins when sheet width is changed.

CassMerry
March 14th, 2022, 21:50
Hey, just trying to work out why an oddity is happening, but I know I'm using the extension on an unsupported ruleset so totally understand if you don't want to comment or anything.

So I'm running the extension in savage worlds adventurers edition, mostly works great, but has a very odd bug where when dragging a parcel into a character's inventory, the parcel logs in the chat box as being added twice, the items only get added once as they should, but the currency is added twice. This is mainly annoying in conjunction with shops becuase it means all prices are effectively doubled.

I'm happy doing some tinkering to try and try and find some workaround or way to amke things work right, but if you have any vagues ideas on why that might happen or what section of the extension I should be looking at to try and fix it, that'd be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2022, 22:59
Hey, just trying to work out why an oddity is happening, but I know I'm using the extension on an unsupported ruleset so totally understand if you don't want to comment or anything.

So I'm running the extension in savage worlds adventurers edition, mostly works great, but has a very odd bug where when dragging a parcel into a character's inventory, the parcel logs in the chat box as being added twice, the items only get added once as they should, but the currency is added twice. This is mainly annoying in conjunction with shops becuase it means all prices are effectively doubled.

I'm happy doing some tinkering to try and try and find some workaround or way to amke things work right, but if you have any vagues ideas on why that might happen or what section of the extension I should be looking at to try and fix it, that'd be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

No idea why that is happening as I don't use savage worlds. For sure the reason I don't actively support anything but 5E (the only thing I personally use) is because the rulesets don't conform to the common CoreRPG ruleset and pretty much just do their own things with no consistency between them. I suspect this is yet one more difference. Probably something in that ruleset is triggering something 5E does not and causes the issue. Or another extension.

Either way it works in 5E so you'll have to tinker, the code is not encrypted so you should be able to do what you want with it.

CassMerry
March 15th, 2022, 08:41
No idea why that is happening as I don't use savage worlds. For sure the reason I don't actively support anything but 5E (the only thing I personally use) is because the rulesets don't conform to the common CoreRPG ruleset and pretty much just do their own things with no consistency between them. I suspect this is yet one more difference. Probably something in that ruleset is triggering something 5E does not and causes the issue. Or another extension.

Either way it works in 5E so you'll have to tinker, the code is not encrypted so you should be able to do what you want with it.

Yeah, I thought that was probably the case but thanks! I'll do some tinkering and let you know if I end up figuring something out :)

jptheronmd
March 18th, 2022, 07:27
I wonder if anyone can help me. I am trying to get the Map Parcel extension to drop specific loot for specific NPCs in an encounter. For example, if I have 8 goblins fighting the PC, some may have short bows and daggers, some short swords, some may have some copper, one may have a key. The only way I can see for the [MP] Loot template to work is to first load the encounter to the CT and then add the loot to the individuals on the CT.

This obviously means when there is an encounter you must add all the items to the individuals which I would prefer to do in prep time. I would like to set up all the inventories of the NPCs in the encounters section before adding them to the CT.

Is this possible? And as a side-question, can you combine this with NPC Random Loot extension?

Thanks for the awesome product SilentRuin!

Leprekorn
March 18th, 2022, 07:57
Yes you can combine it with this extension
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61546-NPC-Random-Treasure-Drops#:~:text=Random%20Treasure%20Parcels%20can%20 be,filled%20with%20coin%20and%20items.

I do it myself and it will fill the NPCs on the CT inventory for you enabling SR ext to do the drop. You just need to set up random loot drop correctly to work with it.

jptheronmd
March 18th, 2022, 08:09
TY. I do have this mod I am just struggling to understand how to use it. Will continue to fiddle. Thanks, I am glad I am on the right path.

Leprekorn
March 18th, 2022, 08:10
What settings do you have for the RL? Also do you have tables set up to roll on?

jptheronmd
March 18th, 2022, 12:59
Thanks for the help. Here are snapshots of my current settings. Do I need to make templates? [MP] Loot and [MP] Drop?

Leprekorn
March 18th, 2022, 13:03
Just Mp loot
Are you on discord I might be able to jump on with you and see if I can help

jptheronmd
March 18th, 2022, 13:26
No sorry, still at work. I can make it work, i.e. create a randomised loot box for entities in the encounter. So I end up with a Randomised loot parcel (see attached image). How do I get that Loot Parcel to attach to the individuals and not create a loot parcel for the entire encounter.

The problem is that some of the NPCs will carry different loot. From the way FGU works I think it is not possible to prepare and attach the loot to individuals until they are in the combat tracker. I think the best way is to make a 'generic' random loot parcel for the average NPC, and then one or two 'special' loot parcels for the individuals carrying the special items. What do you think?

Leprekorn
March 18th, 2022, 13:31
So once you have the NPCs added to the CT change the option at the top to All from dead and then click the loot button, provided you have the random loot table set up correctly then Random loot ext will sweep the npc details and deposit weapon and armor then refer to the enabled loot tables and roll on them depending on if the right conditions are met. It will then populate each npc accordingly and the items will appear in their inventories. Then once a npc is killed /knocked unconscious as long as you have the, MPLoot parcel set up with a token it will auto drop on the map.

jptheronmd
March 18th, 2022, 13:47
Ok makes sense, to get that working with, for example, 8 bandits. The RL will scan for a random loot parcel with the same name 'bandit' and deposit the loot. Say one of the bandits has a key. I can either manually add the key or name the bandit something unique and have a unique RL parcel for that unique name? (I wouldn't just rename in CT, I would copy the NPC and rename it in NPCs).

Leprekorn
March 18th, 2022, 13:50
Random loot Parcels works on conditions so as long as the table has the right conditions set up and is enabled then its good.

jptheronmd
March 18th, 2022, 14:13
Just another question if you get the chance. When dragging an item to the RL parcel you have to rename the item first?

Leprekorn
March 18th, 2022, 14:13
I can jump on with you if it's easier. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the RL parcel. You have RL tables which will populate the [MP] Loot parcel.

jptheronmd
March 18th, 2022, 14:51
Yes please I am on Discord now.

SilentRuin
March 18th, 2022, 18:14
I love it when questions resolve themselves ;) Plus I know nothing about other extensions.

Leprekorn
March 18th, 2022, 18:29
No worries all sorted now.

DylanGlow
March 19th, 2022, 20:24
I just picked this extension up and I'm really liking what it's capable of! I seem to be running into an issue when testing as a player in a local client. When I move a parcel to a map it is automatically making the parcel a public item. When a player goes into the Parcel panel -- not via the map -- they can see the parcels available in the game. This is an issue because a player will know there are hidden walls/parcels in a particular dungeon if they are listed in the parcel panel. It's fine if I consciously tick these off, but when the campaign is reloaded all of the parcels are marked as public again. Visibility works as expected in the map, but it's an issue in the Parcel panel itself. Is this the expected behavior?

SilentRuin
March 19th, 2022, 21:17
I just picked this extension up and I'm really liking what it's capable of! I seem to be running into an issue when testing as a player in a local client. When I move a parcel to a map it is automatically making the parcel a public item. When a player goes into the Parcel panel -- not via the map -- they can see the parcels available in the game. This is an issue because a player will know there are hidden walls/parcels in a particular dungeon if they are listed in the parcel panel. It's fine if I consciously tick these off, but when the campaign is reloaded all of the parcels are marked as public again. Visibility works as expected in the map, but it's an issue in the Parcel panel itself. Is this the expected behavior?

Yes, in FGU you can't have the clients getting access without it being public. And they cannot see anything in a parcel if its create as a locked parcel. All my parcels (that are not permanent player storage in campaign) are always set to locked. If I don't want them to "see the clickable token" I place a matching image in the map layer representing the parcel - and place the parcel over it setting the token invisible and unshared - then when they "find it" I turn the parcel visible and make it public manually and unlock it if its not a lockable item. If its a wagon or something they drag around with them for storage then its always placed and unlocked. Gist is - you do what you need to do - but that is the normal - only - behavior there is for it.

Personally if you have players using the parcel client button to sneak a peak then you have more issues than I do with mine. They are happy to play it out without looking so I can simply preplace all my parcels as I wish. And yes, the players can move them unless you make them not public yourself. Which defeats the purpose of a map parcel within the constraints of how FGU can allow them to work.

Don't get me started on bag of holding map parcels (you can read up on that inside this thread if you want on your own). Gist is - its a tool - you do what your imagination allows you to do with it. Within the constraints of FGU and the tool itself.

DylanGlow
March 20th, 2022, 04:24
That all makes perfect sense to me, and thanks for the additional explanation! I really love what this extension does regardless of visibility in the Parcel panel and that's more of a quirk with poor player behavior. Thanks again!

SilentRuin
March 20th, 2022, 16:04
That all makes perfect sense to me, and thanks for the additional explanation! I really love what this extension does regardless of visibility in the Parcel panel and that's more of a quirk with poor player behavior. Thanks again!

If you want to know all that it does you'd have to read a ton. I just make these for my self and add in things to my extensions where I think they will fit based on my need (solving an annoyance). For instance, this one will allow a lot more power in dragging between PC/NPC inventory, parcel, and party inventory than the normal FGU - plus loot rules and whatever else I crammed in. I don't really remember which is where this living document in the form of version descriptions (.txt file) and this thread come in. I never plan on making a formal document of any of my stuff as they tend to get things added in making any doc/video obsolete fairly quickly.

ghen
March 23rd, 2022, 13:00
Hi SR,

Polymorphism in the original post links to the DMsGuild page instead of the forge.

Bye!

SilentRuin
March 23rd, 2022, 15:13
Hi SR,

Polymorphism in the original post links to the DMsGuild page instead of the forge.

Bye!

Fixed.

SilentRuin
March 25th, 2022, 16:12
V1.38 - Feature - MapParcel sheet has new option for host only that is a lock/unlock button allowing the parcel to be locked so that the clients cannot move it.

SilentRuin
April 27th, 2022, 01:28
V1.39 - Bug - A MapParcel previously would replace the public share anytime it's token was updated. If the public share was removed - it would be placed back as soon as the map was recreated (during startup usually). It should always set public when its first placed in map - but should not be changed if its removed by host because they do not want it public at the moment. Now it will only set the public share when token is added to map - allowing the host to remove the public share and keep it removed till they put it back themselves. Note: If not public a client/player can't interact with it at all - and sometimes that is wanted (in my case, when I'm not ready or wanting them to "see" it yet).

Bearded Wonder
June 4th, 2022, 16:32
First off, fantastic extension. If I drag a parcel to a player's inventory all of the items are transferred and there is a notification in the chat window. If I or a player drag a single item from a parcel to the player's inventory, no notification appears. I did my best to look through the many pages here, the .txt and watched the video on YT but I didn't see any way to accomplish this so far. Is this currently possible? I am using parcels to track bags of holding, backpacks, stronghold contents etc and I would really like it to show in the chat to help me enforce the rule requiring an action to retrieve an item from the bag of holding or a backpack.

SilentRuin
June 4th, 2022, 17:00
First off, fantastic extension. If I drag a parcel to a player's inventory all of the items are transferred and there is a notification in the chat window. If I or a player drag a single item from a parcel to the player's inventory, no notification appears. I did my best to look through the many pages here, the .txt and watched the video on YT but I didn't see any way to accomplish this so far. Is this currently possible? I am using parcels to track bags of holding, backpacks, stronghold contents etc and I would really like it to show in the chat to help me enforce the rule requiring an action to retrieve an item from the bag of holding or a backpack.

If you run without map parcels you'll notice that FGU puts a parcel dropped into inventory in chat and not put anything in chat when dropping an individual item. This is not my extension doing those messages - its FGU. If you need that behavior modified you'll have to ask them as my extension is not really changing that part of the code. I only make sure behavior of item transfers are more logical and sensible (to me) when doing drag/drops between PC/NPC inventories, parcels, and party sheet inventory. I don't change the message mechanics.

Bearded Wonder
June 4th, 2022, 19:06
Thank you for the quick and concise answer.

SilentRuin
July 12th, 2022, 22:42
V1.40 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

Not compatible with previous LIVE. Only current one.

Jaegar
July 12th, 2022, 22:55
V1.40 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

Not compatible with previous LIVE. Only current one.

Thanks for all the update notices!
You Rock!

Miloh
July 16th, 2022, 01:17
My map parcel FGU extension if giving me a DERECATED message. I have V1.9, but here says most recent is V1.40. Mine says Silent Ruin is creator (maybe I bought from GM Guild). Is there a way I can get this to update? If so do I have to worry about losing my map parcels?

Thanks.

SilentRuin
July 16th, 2022, 01:34
My map parcel FGU extension if giving me a DERECATED message. I have V1.9, but here says most recent is V1.40. Mine says Silent Ruin is creator (maybe I bought from GM Guild). Is there a way I can get this to update? If so do I have to worry about losing my map parcels?

Thanks.

If you had V1.39 I'd say you were horrifically out of date. V1.9? Should not even work - as in for a long long time.

DMsG is always updated - you have to go in there and keep it up todate. If you have Forge it auto updates.

Anything less than latest version is essentially "unsupported garbage" IMHO. Keep it up to date. And don't do crazy stuff like unzip it in the extension directory as then FGU will always use unzipped files - or if DMsG renames the file (which it occasionally does of its own accord with no control of it from my end) then make sure you delete any old .ext versions of it.

Miloh
July 16th, 2022, 01:51
Ok that made me laugh. Thank you for answering me so quickly! I can access the parcels in V 1.9, but the players cannot add/take from them. Sounds like I need to get busy! The players have several items in map parcels in the town they made. If I were to go to DM guild and update, would they lose these? Maybe I should just take a picture of them to save them just in case. On second thought, screw it, I'm just going to take pictures of their crap and get the Forge version so it will auto update.

This helped me a lot (seriously, thank you)

similarly
July 16th, 2022, 02:37
You shouldn't lose anything in the parcel just from updating. If you got it from dmsguild, go to your library, look for updates (or look for map parcel) and download. Then replace the items in your extensions and modules folders with the latest stuff. I update from dmsguild before every session. I have updates literally on a weekly basis from various mods and extensions.

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2022, 23:54
V1.41 - Update - Support for Sir Motte's theme.

mdemm
September 15th, 2022, 02:49
This is probably 100% user error, but with the Map Parcels extension loaded, I can't add items via drag and drop to parcels that are linked to modules. Every thing seems to work fine if I create a parcel from scratch though.

Is this the intended behavior? It's not a big deal if I have to make a copy of module parcels so I can edit them, just wondering if this is the case, I haven't noticed it before.

SilentRuin
September 15th, 2022, 03:49
This is probably 100% user error, but with the Map Parcels extension loaded, I can't add items via drag and drop to parcels that are linked to modules. Every thing seems to work fine if I create a parcel from scratch though.

Is this the intended behavior? It's not a big deal if I have to make a copy of module parcels so I can edit them, just wondering if this is the case, I haven't noticed it before.

As it states on page 1 - and in .txt file - and in posts in forum threads...

No read only parcel will be shown as a map parcel (just as normal FGU parcel). This is because map parcels are required to be read/write accessible by their very nature. So when saving a map parcel as a module it will have all the map parcel data - it will not show the map parcel sheet when you reference it as that read only module parcel. If you copy it to your local DB (drag drop in your parcel list to make a local copy) it will be a fully usable map parcel, because while you did not see the map parcel data in the FGU sheet (read only display) it was still there and will appear when you make and use the copy.

mdemm
September 15th, 2022, 16:30
As it states on page 1 - and in .txt file - and in posts in forum threads...

No read only parcel will be shown as a map parcel (just as normal FGU parcel). This is because map parcels are required to be read/write accessible by their very nature. So when saving a map parcel as a module it will have all the map parcel data - it will not show the map parcel sheet when you reference it as that read only module parcel. If you copy it to your local DB (drag drop in your parcel list to make a local copy) it will be a fully usable map parcel, because while you did not see the map parcel data in the FGU sheet (read only display) it was still there and will appear when you make and use the copy.

OK thanks for the explanation, somehow I didn't spot that interaction till now. My user's eyes jumped over that section of the first page when I tried to re-read it, my bad.

SilentRuin
December 14th, 2022, 02:49
V1.42 - Bug - was not fully taking into account all modifiers for pick/break rolls. Fixed.

Thanks to Leprekorn for finding it - has been like this since it first came out.

SilentRuin
December 16th, 2022, 06:03
V1.43 - Update - now support inventory tab in vehicles (just like in npcs).

SilentRuin
December 27th, 2022, 06:34
V1.44 - Update - new option "Show Item Transfer Chat Message" defaulted to on. The FGU basic item transfer messages were changed to be optional and also display the non id name when it is not identified or requires attunement and is not attuned. The flag will not effect sheet->party or party->sheet as this as only parcel related messages are affected. The option will effect sheet->parcel, parcel->parcel, parcel->party, and parcel->sheet. If you transfer something out of a sheet without first removing its attunement then the fact the full name is shown is on you.

SilentRuin
January 4th, 2023, 18:23
V1.45 - Bug - introduced bug recently that caused rolling for pick lock etc. to crash. Fixed.

Sometimes I can be incredibly self sabotaging with incredible acts of stupidity :(

Arnagus
January 14th, 2023, 22:21
Hello SilentRuin,
although labelled as 5e, I was under the impression that the map parcels should work in 3.5e (minus lock picks, etc - which are a purely 5e feature).
To my understanding, you need to create a player writable parcel (e.g. copy it from a module into the campaign), open it, and can place the chest icon anywhere on the map. Similar, there seems to be a mechanism that the equipment (which now appears on NPCs) will drop after the NPC is "dead" somehow onto the map.
None of this is working for me - tested on new campaign with only this module loaded.
I cannot move the chest token from the parcel to the map. When trying to grab the chest icon with the mouse, it will not "move" off the parcel window but simply move the window at whole. No error message or anything - the icon is simply "stuck" to the parcel.
Was I wrong that Map Parcels work in 3.5e?

Arnagus
January 14th, 2023, 22:22
removed as duplicate

MrDDT
January 14th, 2023, 22:44
That's not a token, that's where the token icon goes. Drop a token image there and it should be able to work just fine

Arnagus
January 15th, 2023, 13:04
That's not a token, that's where the token icon goes. Drop a token image there and it should be able to work just fine

Doh - I am feeling stupid. I thought that the chest is the token.
When placing a token onto the chest space, everything works as expected (and monsters drop the token as link to the LOOT parcel, as described in the Release Notes). This extension is really a game changer for FGU, especially when combined with the monster loot modules from Anne Gregersen (don't want to make to much advertisement here, you can find them on DMsGuild).
Thanks for the pointer!

SilentRuin
January 15th, 2023, 23:03
Beware there is a reason its not publicly supported out side of 5E. I don't play in those and have no intention of "keeping up with the Jones's" when the rulesets decide to go change the way core works. Which they occasionally do. Why I really don't support anything outside of 5E - CoreRPG is an illusion - all the rulesets disregard it and do their own thing.

Arnagus
January 16th, 2023, 06:46
So far, I was able to maintain a small extension which is overwriting 3.5e functions with "enhanced" ones if the scripts throw errors, variables are of different type, rules use different values, or other minor glitches - still struggling with windows/ui errors, but so far, everything is working. I know that I am mostly on my own... but this was so fundamentally apparently not working that I suspected something... big or stupid (luckily and embarassingly, it was the later)

SilentRuin
February 12th, 2023, 18:43
V1.46 - Update - changed all default options to what I want as I got tired of updating them all. Users can turn them off now if they don't want them.

rennyo
February 13th, 2023, 12:08
The extension is unusable for pathfinder 2 system. Inventory tab ruins all nps tabs. It could be bug in core rules or PF2. It can be easily fixed such way, see my post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50314-PF2CreatureParser-Extension&p=677862&viewfull=1#post677862
So this fix could be added to extension to make it usable for PF2RPG system.

SilentRuin
February 13th, 2023, 13:37
The extension is unusable for pathfinder 2 system. Inventory tab ruins all nps tabs. It could be bug in core rules or PF2. It can be easily fixed such way, see my post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50314-PF2CreatureParser-Extension&p=677862&viewfull=1#post677862
So this fix could be added to extension to make it usable for PF2RPG system.

The reason everything everywhere in this extensions states its supported in 5E is because that is all it IS supported in. Granted in my younger naïve days when I thought all rulesets respected the CoreRPG to give a common thread across all rulesets - I thought it could easily be supported. Unfortunately, that was naïve as all of the rulesets pretty much go off in their own direction without a care for keeping any commonality between rulesets. The extension still has some of those other rulesets listed due to this legacy of naivete, but in every post statement and everything else you can find you will see I only play 5E so I only support 5E. I do guard things in the code to be 5E only because of this foolish legacy - but that is no guarantee - as you've seen - that some ruleset won't still diverge even further to break things.

Recently I even had to remove something similar to what you say should be added because it broke 5E compatible stuff. So if you wish to modify map parcel for your own uses in pf2 - feel free. But I will not be chasing that boondoggle and trying to keep up with changes in something I do not support and do not use. Especially, if the change is not understood - as clearly the one you are asking for is not.

Still, no issue for you to change that and modify things so they work in your world. Which for now, given the nebulous change your asking for - is what you will have to do.

Keep in mind tabs are very finicky and if you don't play nice with them they will be rendered incompatible with anyone else. NEVER hardcode any tab number for sure. That goes for rulesets and extensions.

Here is what I see in PFRPG2... nothing explodes and I have no idea if that is right or wrong - but that's all I do to support that unsupported stuff - make sure it does not explode.

And if that is not what your seeing - you have extension compatibility issues. I keep my stuff as generically compatible as possible - but as per warnings in page 1 and everywhere else - conflicts happen. EXTENSIONS = RISK. And this is only supported in 5E. I've debated ripping out all that legacy stuff that lets people put it in other rulesets - but I figure leave it in case they want to do their own things.

rennyo
February 13th, 2023, 14:28
Here is what I see in PFRPG2... nothing explodes
In PF2 every NPS should have Spells tab with spells from PF2 core. It goes second. In your picture Spell tab disappeared and replaced with Inventory tab. So it is not possible to cast spell from any NPS. Its should look like this:
without Parce tab(it is from extension too). I know that you does not support PF2 but information about this fix can be useful if anyone wants to use this extension with PF2, because I really like it even without full functionality.

SilentRuin
February 13th, 2023, 14:37
In PF2 every NPS should have Spells tab with spells from PF2 core. It goes second. In your picture Spell tab disappeared and replaced with Inventory tab. So it is not possible to cast spell from any NPS. Its should look like this:
without Parce tab(it is from extension too). I know that you does not support PF2 but information about this fix can be useful if anyone wants to use this extension with PF2, because I really like it even without full functionality.

Is PF2 doing something crazy like hardcoding tabs or something? It should just be adding them in like the other rulesets correct?

Literally this is all that is happening...

<windowclass name="npc" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<subwindow_record name="npc_inventory">
<class>charsheet_inventory</class>
</subwindow_record>

<tabs_recordsheet name="tabs" merge="join">
<tab merge="add">
<icon>tab_inventory</icon>
<subwindow>npc_inventory</subwindow>
</tab>
</tabs_recordsheet>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

In no way shape or form should that interfere with anything.

SilentRuin
February 13th, 2023, 14:51
Is PF2 doing something crazy like hardcoding tabs or something? It should just be adding them in like the other rulesets correct?

Literally this is all that is happening...

<sheetdata>
</subwindow_record>

<tabs_recordsheet name="tabs" merge="join">
<tab merge="add">
<icon>tab_inventory</icon>
<subwindow>npc_inventory</subwindow>
</tab>
</tabs_recordsheet>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

I see what nuts thing they are doing. Everything that declares tabs_recordsheet - names it so others can hook into it..

They did not...

<tabs_recordsheet>

Where everyone else has

<tabs_recordsheet name="tabs">

There is literally no way to even hook into that without a name. So for sure this is unsupported unless they fix that.

Because I'm not willing to do something ungeneric - to support something I don't support.

rennyo
February 13th, 2023, 14:54
Yes, but it does. So I think that it can be problem with ruleset code because this must work and it is working in 5E ruleset. If you add tab via addtab function everything is working. So fixing it for all rulesets possibly not a good idea

SilentRuin
February 13th, 2023, 14:57
Yes, but it does. So I think that it can be problem with ruleset code because this must work and it is working in 5E ruleset. If you add tab via addtab function everything is working. So fixing it for all rulesets possibly not a good idea

No - we can stop. They made their tabs in this ruleset unable to be hooked into. If you want just comment out the entire section I showed you so you don't get the inventory. If you want I can pull out the PFRPG2 extension.xml legacy listing so map parcels does not even let you hook in. But in no way shape or form am I bending over backwards to support something where the ruleset diverged from standard naming tab recordsheet practice. They want to diverge? Have at it. But I'm not going to try and follow it.

rennyo
February 13th, 2023, 15:12
Yes, we should stop =) I fixed it for myself, and reported it as possible bug in ruleset thread.

SilentRuin
February 13th, 2023, 15:21
Yes, we should stop =) I fixed it for myself, and reported it as possible bug in ruleset thread.

As in fixed it yourself changed it to be <tabs_recordsheet name="tabs"> in the ruleset? Just curious. As I was guessing and it would be nice to know if I guessed correctly.

And just to be crystal clear...

Still unsupported :)

rennyo
February 13th, 2023, 15:32
<script>
function onInit()
tabs.addTab("npc_inventory", "tab_inventory", false);
super.onInit();
end
</script>
<sheetdata>
</subwindow_record>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

And we were right - it is was a problem with ruleset. It will be fixed after tomorrow update.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=677884&viewfull=1#post677884

SilentRuin
February 15th, 2023, 01:22
V1.47 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

SilentRuin
February 18th, 2023, 02:10
V1.48 - Update - added new option "New Parcel in map is Public" defaulted to "on". Before, a new map parcel would always be public when placed in map by default. This is so the players can interact with it. But when setting up a session I have to immediately turn the public setting off as I don't want it intractable till I'm ready. This option will let me place them without the public setting applied (I will manually do it when ready during game play).

Hjorimir
March 18th, 2023, 23:19
I cannot get placing a weapon on an NPC's inventory to create the attack for the monster at all. I've tried adding something like a +1 battleaxe to a monster that's already on the CT. I've also tried created a custom monster first (that has the weapon) and then adding them to the CT. Is there something special I need to do to trigger Map Parcel to parse the NPC's inventory?

SilentRuin
March 18th, 2023, 23:55
I cannot get placing a weapon on an NPC's inventory to create the attack for the monster at all. I've tried adding something like a +1 battleaxe to a monster that's already on the CT. I've also tried created a custom monster first (that has the weapon) and then adding them to the CT. Is there something special I need to do to trigger Map Parcel to parse the NPC's inventory?

NPC inventory just adds the NPC inventory tab and lets you have it just like you do in PC.

The Equipped Effects extension is the one that deals with unequip/equip things in PC (action tab) and NPC (main tab) for what you might be asking about?

Hjorimir
March 19th, 2023, 00:11
I just figured it out. No, this is for the Map Parcel extension. I was dropping items onto the NPC's inventory tab. That adds the item, but it doesn't add the action. If I just drop the weapon on the main tap, the action is added and then also added to the NPC's inventory (I was basically doing it backwards). Thanks!

Ballzack
July 11th, 2023, 18:37
So I've had this extension for a while and just started using it and have encountered an issue while testing. I created a skeleton npc and gave him a longsword and shield. I made an encounter with three of them. When my PC kills them, they only drop 2 of 3 parcels containing the longsword and shield. The third skeleton drops nothing. Totally confused.

SilentRuin
July 11th, 2023, 18:39
So I've had this extension for a while and just started using it and have encountered an issue while testing. I created a skeleton npc and gave him a longsword and shield. I made an encounter with three of them. When my PC kills them, they only drop 2 of 3 parcels containing the longsword and shield. The third skeleton drops nothing. Totally confused.

As it only looks at CT entry (which is NOT the same as the NPC entry you used to create it) I assume you meant you insured that each skeleton in CT showed they had inventory tab holding those things. Correct?

Ballzack
July 11th, 2023, 18:56
I will double check right now

Ballzack
July 11th, 2023, 19:00
So I checked each ct entry and they all have the inventory. When I killed them this time, only one skeleton dropped the parcel. Could another extension be somehow interfering with it?

SilentRuin
July 11th, 2023, 20:02
So I checked each ct entry and they all have the inventory. When I killed them this time, only one skeleton dropped the parcel. Could another extension be somehow interfering with it?

Possibly. As soon as I'm done delivering something else here I'll look and make sure the normal stuff is still working.

SilentRuin
December 5th, 2023, 00:34
V1.50 - FGU change - the tokeninstance setModifiable has been removed from the code and now causes and error. Of course this means no way to prevent the token from being moved by the client (which this did when I first wrote that option) so will just remove that feature completely. FGU will no longer allow it so its gone.

Found out as I placed a parcel for my own game. Word cannot describe how I feel right now - this is about the 5th thing in a week that I've been burned over.

SilentRuin
December 5th, 2023, 00:41
Workaround for lost functionality of preventing them from moving Parcel - keep it non public as long as you can. Not really a work around - but meh - best can be done.

MrDDT
December 5th, 2023, 01:22
I like this. Glad FGU did this as I think it fits more inline with the rules. If you want this. Turn on party movement.

SilentRuin
December 5th, 2023, 03:09
I like this. Glad FGU did this as I think it fits more inline with the rules. If you want this. Turn on party movement.

What are you talking about? I had an option that I could make fixed map parcels the party could not move. Like things to heavy etc. Turn on party movement? That destroys all ownership Assistant GM advantages and I NEVER use that as its a horrible option that lets others see things they should not as the only way to get NPC control (weak control).

You replying to correct thread?

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2023, 06:51
I'm finally removing FG Classic APIs that have not been documented in the wiki for 7 years. I tried to save all the API deprecations for all at once in the FGU client.

You can use tokeninstance.setPublicEdit to get the same behaviors.

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
December 5th, 2023, 09:01
I'm finally removing FG Classic APIs that have not been documented in the wiki for 7 years. I tried to save all the API deprecations for all at once in the FGU client.

You can use tokeninstance.setPublicEdit to get the same behaviors.

Regards,
JPG
Wish I knew that before a few hours before game. I’ll try to reimplement the removed functionality later this week.

SilentRuin
December 5th, 2023, 09:51
V1.51 - FGU change - put back functionality removed in V1.50 - replaced tokeninstance setModifiable with setPublicEdit.

Functionality restored.

Indivi_duel
January 7th, 2024, 23:47
I've been using this recently as my players have a base now with parcels used as storage, mailbox and personal inventory. However it seemed that the players clicked the parcel TOKEN i assigned to it and them ran away with it. Any way to lock this without breaking their legs first?

SilentRuin
January 7th, 2024, 23:54
I've been using this recently as my players have a base now with parcels used as storage, mailbox and personal inventory. However it seemed that the players clicked the parcel TOKEN i assigned to it and them ran away with it. Any way to lock this without breaking their legs first?

There was but I guess you’ll have to check based on last few posts here. Last I checked it worked. But I guess if the lock button and tooltip describing it on map parcel sheet is broken again then it’s news to me.

dmssanctum
March 13th, 2024, 01:48
Since the last FG update, I now get an error when using this extension on every NPC tab. Control (npc_inventory) anchoring to an undefined control (contentframe) in windowclass (npc). This is with no other extensions enabled. I get a lot more errors when opening a parcel about (weight_label) and (encumbranceload) in (treasureparcel).

SilentRuin
March 13th, 2024, 01:51
Honestly its been 3 years since DMSG forced all my extensions off their platform meaning noone could have bought one except from forge since then - GP has had 90% sale on forge since then for people to transfer over at least twice - i out of the goodness of m heart kept updating them for 2 years after DMSG as an extra pain in my *** - then 6 months ago those updates stopped working with tickets to DMSG with no results - i continually add new functionality to my extensions for my own needs which people get to take advantage for nothing….
GP is diplomatic. I am not. DMSG is dead to me ive gone above and beyond tring to managae this stuff.
When i get back im blasting those unbuyable misleading DMSG entrees to the outer rings of hell so they cease to exist.
Have a nice day.

dmssanctum
March 13th, 2024, 01:57
I assume you were responding to me, but I don't know what you mean by at least half of that. I bought the extension from Fantasy Grounds Forge. Are you saying you will not be supporting the extension anymore because it is too much work?

SilentRuin
March 13th, 2024, 02:14
If you have forge and the version number matches last delivered number on page 1 in the forum and you are testing with no other extensions then it works. Given the number of tepeated posts about dmsg whivh no longer gives correct version - and people running with oth othrr known busted extensions from meandunique i tiook a guess which of the common mistaken claims it was.

dmssanctum
March 13th, 2024, 03:11
If you have forge and the version number matches last delivered number on page 1 in the forum and you are testing with no other extensions then it works. Given the number of tepeated posts about dmsg whivh no longer gives correct version - and people running with oth othrr known busted extensions from meandunique i tiook a guess which of the common mistaken claims it was.

Well at least I have some context for the hostility now.

So I am on v1.52, running no other extensions, errors on npc pages and lots of errors opening parcels. This occurs in an existing campaign or a brand new one I just created right now. No chance that the bugfixes they released today caused more bugs or am I just lucky and the only one getting undefined controls?

SilentRuin
March 13th, 2024, 03:25
Well at least I have some context for the hostility now.

So I am on v1.52, running no other extensions, errors on npc pages and lots of errors opening parcels. This occurs in an existing campaign or a brand new one I just created right now. No chance that the bugfixes they released today caused more bugs or am I just lucky and the only one getting undefined controls?

If they truly busted this with FGU update out of the blue without even a grace TEST period after having just busted everything several weeks ago - they my level of pissed off just went through roof to point i need to consider whether i want to do tis extension stuff anymore at all. As it is im out for weeks yet and words cannot describe how screwed over i feel at this point.if what you are telling me is true.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
March 13th, 2024, 03:43
If they truly busted this with FGU update out of the blue without even a grace TEST period after having just busted everything several weeks ago - they my level of pissed off just went through roof to point i need to consider whether i want to do tis extension stuff anymore at all. As it is im out for weeks yet and words cannot describe how screwed over i feel at this point.if what you are telling me is true.

I just tested ... I got no errors for any of that stuff in a new campaign OR an existing campaign. I'd guess dmssanctum has his copy of Map Parcel from the DMsGuild, so it's actually not updated because their system is still all f'd up ...

OR, it's another extension causing the issue. -- EDIT: According to Discord, this has been confirmed. It's another extension.

dmssanctum
March 13th, 2024, 03:44

I can understand your annoyance, I used to maintain a small extension for attunement till they added it. I don't know why they mess with the anchor code so much. I don't know if their bugfixes caused new errors, or if I'm somehow getting an error from a bad version somehow. All I know is that a brand new campaign tonight still throws the same errors after multiple FG updates, verifying the extension version, and only running this map parcel extension. Perhaps someone else can test and report if it works or is broken for them too.

dmssanctum
March 13th, 2024, 03:54
I can understand your annoyance, I used to maintain a small extension for attunement till they added it. I don't know why they mess with the anchor code so much. I don't know if their bugfixes caused new errors, or if I'm somehow getting an error from a bad version somehow. All I know is that a brand new campaign tonight still throws the same errors after multiple FG updates, verifying the extension version, and only running this map parcel extension. Perhaps someone else can test and report if it works or is broken for them too.

OK, so it was my own fault for tinkering with extensions again. I had an extracted version and so it was loading the old version not the updated one. I have got to remember to extract to another folder. Sorry for the confusion. At least I assume that will fix it after it redownloads all the vault files I deleted to verify they were updated.

Arnagus
March 23rd, 2024, 16:55
Hello SilentRuin,

I really love this extension as it eases the "Loot Drop" a lot and characters can "find" chest etc on the map.
I am using it in conjunction with the "Monster Loot" modules from Anne Gregersen. The modules contain tables which generate the loot for all monsters with the "output to parcel" option.

The problem is: the loot tables contain random dice roils, so I really need to generate them individually per session which results into a "[RESULT] <Monster Name>" parcel.
I now can either
a) drop the parcel onto the monster on the CT (caveat: some items are "broken" equipment and change the AC or weapons of the real monster)
b) rename the parcel to "[MP] LOOT <Monster name>" (caveat: I also need to set the visibility, lock the movement, drag an icon onto it, unlock the parcel, etc - a lot of manual polishing)

Option a) is unusable to me: I know I can disable the option to apply item properties from the NPC inventory to the NPC, but it is so helpful in other cases that I did not want to.
Option b) however has many manual tasks which I did mostly in advance of the session (or during session when things go.... into different directions)
This workflow was

table name -> press 'output to parcel' -> parcel "[RESULT] <table name>" ----[manual update of icon, lock status, etc.]----> parcel "[MP] LOOT <table name>" -> death of CT entry "table name" -> loot parcel on map

I have searched the Fantasy Grounds documentation, but was not able to find anything indicating that the output of a table roll can be manipulated (through an API).

I therefore would like to understand if you know a way (likely with a new extension) to "output to parcel" (from the "Monster Loot", but potentially any other tables) using your "[MP] LOOT" (or another) template to create a parcel matching what you use as input for the LOOT parcel. Building the Map Parcel extension, I consider you the expert on handling parcels :D
This would nicely daisy chain everything together:

table name -> press 'output to parcel' -----[template X, setting icon, lock status, etc.]---> parcel "[MP] LOOT <table name>" -> death of CT entry "table name" -> loot parcel on map

What I already did is updating the "onDead" function in your Map Parcel extension's "mapparcel manager" script to also check on parcels with name "[RESULT] <CT entry>", and adding the content to the one from the actual "<CT entry>", then applying the "[MP] LOOT" parcel (template) defaults, but as all table rolls to parcels start with "[RESULT] " in the name, this is not a clean solution (it fundamentally works but I remain afraid that I add something "odd" to a monster after a table roll with a coincidental name match).

Any idea if above workflow in green is possible?

Arnagus
March 24th, 2024, 10:46
Forgot to mention: if you want the code to add to your paid extension, let me know. No strings attached, I will transfer all rights to you (this is a minor change, after all). My gain is that I do not need to patch after an update :)
Caveats about unintentionally handling a RESULT parcel remain as described above, but you can easily add an option to switch this feature on and off.

SilentRuin
March 24th, 2024, 17:50
Forgot to mention: if you want the code to add to your paid extension, let me know. No strings attached, I will transfer all rights to you (this is a minor change, after all). My gain is that I do not need to patch after an update :)
Caveats about unintentionally handling a RESULT parcel remain as described above, but you can easily add an option to switch this feature on and off.

Just write a simple extension on top of mine and have it do what you want it to do. I know some other loot generator does something to put out map parcels but don't remember what its called.

Honestly, I keep telling people should just configure the extension by making their own extension on top of it. I mean I'm using coreRPG which is overridden by 5E which my extensions overrides both to do what I want. All you need to do is make a simple extension that overrides the coreRPG/5E/<my extension> and does what you want with minimal impact. Then use it or put it on Forge for free or sell it there as it is required to have coreRPG/5E/<my extension>/<your extension>.

I also keep telling people to do the same if they want to make it work with another ruleset - coreRPG/5E - <your ruleset>/ <my extension>/ <your extension>. Nobody listens.

Probably for a very good reason as its a royal pain to keep up with every other ruleset changing on a whim and you being broken - having to deconstruct what changed and reconstruct how to make your stuff work again is making me become a very jaded extension developer, if I were not using this stuff in my own games I'd throw in the towel for sure.

I've always been honest and up front - I do my extensions for me and my players - I have given Grim Press the rights to sell it as they see fit but my main concern is me and minimizing the work I have to do - which seems to increase every time FGU updates.

Your free to tag along with what I have for my uses - or overwrite them for your own uses - but unless I need it - I'm afraid I'm keeping my code as simple to maintain as I can.

And if you make your own extension instead of just changing the code directly (a simple thing to do really) you don't have to patch after every update - unless of course... someone changes something on a whim in FGU. Or even on my side - that breaks you. Life in extension land I'm afraid.

If someone remembers the shop extension that uses map parcels let this guy know though it may already be buried in this forum thread somewhere likely already.

Arnagus
March 24th, 2024, 20:47
Own extension on top makes sense - as long as you do not change the functions which I need to replace (too often)

Will check the extention you mentioned - hope I can find some code examples to see how RESULT parcel names generated from tables can be changed.

Found it: NPC Random Treasure Drops (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1592/view)

MrDDT
March 24th, 2024, 21:05
It’s not shops exts it’s random npc loot parcels

Arnagus
March 30th, 2024, 16:55
Just write a simple extension on top of mine and have it do what you want it to do. I know some other loot generator does something to put out map parcels but don't remember what its called.

Okay, have now done this (will not post here as it contains a copy of your copyrighted/paid onDeath function).
I have also looked into the NPC Random Treasure Drops extension description, but decided against it as it does not change the parcel names from table rolls, but introduces a complete new type of parcels. Might potentially be configured to do what I need, but too mighty/many other features which I do not (yet?) need.

I have however a fundamental question: in your onInit(), you are registering a handler pointing to said onDead function. I tried to point it to my modified customOnDead function by replacing the reference during my own extension's onInit():

origOnDead = MapParcelManager.onDead;
MapParcelManager.onDead = customOnDead;
Still - the original function is called from the handler.
It only worked when I was registering my own handler and removing yours (during my extension's onInit()):

DB.removeHandler("combattracker.list.*.status", "onUpdate", origOnDead);
DB.addHandler("combattracker.list.*.status", "onUpdate", customOnDead);
Any clue how to avoid this registration/unregistration and rather replace the function directly?

SilentRuin
March 30th, 2024, 19:15
Okay, have now done this (will not post here as it contains a copy of your copyrighted/paid onDeath function).
I have also looked into the NPC Random Treasure Drops extension description, but decided against it as it does not change the parcel names from table rolls, but introduces a complete new type of parcels. Might potentially be configured to do what I need, but too mighty/many other features which I do not (yet?) need.

I have however a fundamental question: in your onInit(), you are registering a handler pointing to said onDead function. I tried to point it to my modified customOnDead function by replacing the reference during my own extension's onInit():

origOnDead = MapParcelManager.onDead;
MapParcelManager.onDead = customOnDead;
Still - the original function is called from the handler.
It only worked when I was registering my own handler and removing yours (during my extension's onInit()):

DB.removeHandler("combattracker.list.*.status", "onUpdate", origOnDead);
DB.addHandler("combattracker.list.*.status", "onUpdate", customOnDead);
Any clue how to avoid this registration/unregistration and rather replace the function directly?

You have my permission to use post whatever - that you find useful. Im not territorial like some devs - we are all building on someone elses work - through example or unique effort - feel free to use what helps. Ill look later today if i can figure out what your talking about but you should always try to override and call the original code if you can as many share the same code space and you dont want to stomp on their changes if you can help it. Ive posted on this in these forums if you can look it up.

Anyway i suspect you should be doing that im sure map parcels gas examples of where im doing that exact type of thing. Also leaves less of an impact or footprint in the code meaning you will less likely damage or be damaged by others code changes.

Handlers are sometimes tricky in this regard but ill take a look later today.ive found some db things dont get initialized until ondesktop init which can drive you nuts.

SilentRuin
March 30th, 2024, 19:50
Ok in regards to your handler issue. Your solution is fine - but in the end the cause is that onDead function is put into the handler (the pointer) BEFORE you override it. This means while you did override the function its not the pointer (I'm guessing here) that was added into the handler trigger.

Your solution is one way to address this - another is to move the add handler code into the onDesktopInit (or whatever they changed it to these days I still use my original definitions). Personally, I'd stick with your solution though as either way your going to have to remove the handler I made so that your onDead override is the one that gets added into the handler.

Its all in the weird way that onInit and onDesktopInit have different things intializing in them. If you have other of my extensions you can see where I've done some pretty wild things to get around these type of issues.

But gist is - you hack/slash/burn the code till it works "good enough" and call it a day.

Perfect is not my goal - nor understanding why I had to do the worst workarounds imaginable to get things to work (think polymorphism). Nor will I try to to figure it out.

Good enough. As is your solution.

Arnagus
March 30th, 2024, 22:36
Clear - thanks for the explanation. I suspected the reason might be something like that (order of things, and thus timing) but hoped there would be a more elegant way. But as you said: good enough :)
Will likely look into what you did in Polymorphism nevertheless to learn more options to “work-around” things.
Reminds me: many thanks to keep things out of the vault - this helps a lot! Still trying to sync MNM’s downtime manager to progress with ClockAdjuster, which is a pain as it sits in the vault. Different story (does not belong here); but again - many thanks to ease access to your code!

Arnagus
March 30th, 2024, 22:52
You have my permission to use post whatever - that you find useful. Im not territorial like some devs - we are all building on someone else's work - through example or unique effort - feel free to use what helps. Ill look later today if i can figure out what your talking about but you should always try to override and call the original code if you can as many share the same code space and you don't want to stomp on their changes if you can help it. Ive posted on this in these forums if you can look it up.

Thanks for your permission. Extension is attached and adds an option (in MapParcel section) to switch transferring the content of the "[RESULT] <CT name>" parcel on or off. It also respects to delete then empty [RESULT] parcels.

Updated: moved to Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1700/view), hence attachment removed.

SilentRuin
March 31st, 2024, 04:58
Thanks for your permission. Extension is attached and adds an option (in MapParcel section) to switch transferring the content of the "[RESULT] <CT name>" parcel on or off. It also respects to delete then empty [RESULT] parcels.

Feel free to drop it in forge if you wish to maintain it for anyone else - I warn you - that can lead to being a pain in the you know where though.

SilentRuin
April 16th, 2024, 17:06
V1.53 - Bug - The following was fixed - weapon and armor drops into NPC will now only apply bonus if ID'ed - shield will now respect bonus (if ID'ed) - dexterity bonus will now be applied properly based on "dexbonus" yes/no text and limited to max if present.

As usual dropping weapons/armor onto an NPC is just to help build the NPC easier. For armor, as it always has been, there is no way backwards to recalculate the previous AC it can only move forward as you add new armor in or manually edit the fields. Same if you have EE (equip/unequip armor) it will only update the AC with the new equipped item - never reset AC back to some previous setting. As its always been this is just a tool to make editing an NPC main page easier with drag/drop of item onto it. Its not magic. You still have to pay attention.

MrDDT
April 16th, 2024, 18:33
Thanks! Awesome work.

SilentRuin
April 18th, 2024, 18:32
V1.54 - Bug - Display Name for IDed items was not working properly due to missing string definition which only existed in equipped effects (some code had been copied to map parcel to do a similar ID check). Fixed.

Most obvious in Party Sheet inventory when name of ID'ed item would always be the non ID name. Only works with equipped effects as code copied from it was missing a string definition that only EE had.

SilentRuin
April 22nd, 2024, 17:14
V1.55 - Update - An "[MP] LOOT" template now not only supports exact name matches, type matches, and default matches for the loot template but now will allow names (only) to support a trailing * so that a name match can hit everything up to the * (including spaces) to indicate a match. For example, if you have in the CT <name> 1, <name> 2, etc. you can now make a loot template that "may" cover those by defining it as "[MP] LOOT <name> *". The order templates are processed are if an exact name match is found the checking of templates stops and that is the one used. Otherwise if a name *, type, or default match the search will continue for template matches until all are completed and the last found one will be used (always been this way except I added the name * option to this keep searching till done list). Basically, you don't use this don't worry about it nothing will change for you.

When I say good enough it means you can screw it up if you use it carelessly.

I tested with CT NPC Orc then defined "[MP] LOOT Orc" then tried "[MP] LOOT Orc *" then tried "[MP] LOOT Orc*" then tried "[MP]LOOT Orc Eye*" - etc. some at same time. Not perfect but better than it was and without a "*" in template it will only do exact match - and exact match will automatically stop searching. Templates of name followed by *, type, or default matches will all search everything and pick last match.