PDA

View Full Version : adding feats at first level

luigiHugs
September 21st, 2020, 18:10
Hi all, so i will be running a game here soon, and one of my house rules is that everybody gets a feat at first level. however, it doesn't look like i can add them to the character sheet. Is there a way this can be done, or will they simply have to keep track of it separately. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

esmdev
September 21st, 2020, 18:24
Hi all, so i will be running a game here soon, and one of my house rules is that everybody gets a feat at first level. however, it doesn't look like i can add them to the character sheet. Is there a way this can be done, or will they simply have to keep track of it separately. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Not sure which ruleset you are using, but in most rulesets you should be able to just drag the feat over to the character sheet to add it.

LordEntrails
September 21st, 2020, 18:41
In 5E, just have the player open the Feat list (using the icon on the right), grab they one they want and drag it to the Feats section of their character sheet.

A Social Yeti
September 21st, 2020, 19:25
shouldn't be a problem for the players to just drop whatever feat they want on to their sheet. the FG system does not rule enforce on most of that stuff. Also they can drop it anywhere on the sheet, the sheet knwos where to put it.

FYI if you use the talents expansion, those are all just feats on the sheet really, and the descriptions don't say talent but feat on them. Can be a bit confusing not having them labeled talent in the descriptions just the PDF's headings.

Roach
September 22nd, 2020, 17:23
And if your players are using the character wizard: after finishing a 1st lvl char, save that, open the character sheet, tab "Abilities" and there you can drag the feats from the list. the char wizard doesn't accept feats for 'new' characters

esmdev
September 22nd, 2020, 18:46
And if your players are using the character wizard: after finishing a 1st lvl char, save that, open the character sheet, tab "Abilities" and there you can drag the feats from the list. the char wizard doesn't accept feats for 'new' characters

I forgot about the character wizard. It has been awhile since we've needed new characters in my game.

thecrawlingchaos
August 25th, 2021, 20:43
In 5E, just have the player open the Feat list (using the icon on the right), grab they one they want and drag it to the Feats section of their character sheet.

To follow up on this thread, I am creating a variant human character. When I click on the Feats tab in the character wizard I get the message: "This Character does not have Feats for selection." We're using the 5E ruleset v2021-07-06. Am I missing something?

FG_Wraith
August 25th, 2021, 23:13
To follow up on this thread, I am creating a variant human character. When I click on the Feats tab in the character wizard I get the message: "This Character does not have Feats for selection." We're using the 5E ruleset v2021-07-06. Am I missing something?

No, that's a bug. Could you tell me what modules you had loaded and if you can get it to do it again send me the logs as well? It would help track that down.

LordEntrails
August 25th, 2021, 23:14
Welcome :)

I don't use the wizard so not sure. But you can ask here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60435-5E-Character-Wizard-Bug-Reports-(2020) and either one of the other experts of the wizard developer himself will respond.

Edit: ninja'd by the aforementioned developer!

thecrawlingchaos
August 26th, 2021, 01:40
No, that's a bug. Could you tell me what modules you had loaded and if you can get it to do it again send me the logs as well? It would help track that down.

Thanks for the prompt reply! This is my first time using FG so I would not discount user error.

The loaded modules are:

5E SRD Data
FG Battle Maps
D&D Basic Rules - Players
D&D Dungeon Master's Guide - Players
D&D Player's Handbook
D&D Monster Manual
D&D Curse of Strahd - Players

If you tell me where I can access the logs I would be happy to send those to you.

thecrawlingchaos
August 26th, 2021, 01:55
I think I may have figured it out. I saved my character part way through creation and that seems to have locked out several options including feats. I'll start again from scratch.

FG_Wraith
August 26th, 2021, 15:39
I think I may have figured it out. I saved my character part way through creation and that seems to have locked out several options including feats. I'll start again from scratch.

Yes, once you commit the character, then you need to make adjustments on the character sheet itself via drag and drop, or you can start over in the Character Wizard. If you have any more problems or questions please drop them in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60435-5E-Character-Wizard-Bug-Reports-(2020) Thanks!

thecrawlingchaos
August 26th, 2021, 17:54
Yes, once you commit the character, then you need to make adjustments on the character sheet itself via drag and drop, or you can start over in the Character Wizard. If you have any more problems or questions please drop them in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60435-5E-Character-Wizard-Bug-Reports-(2020) Thanks!

Thanks very much!