PDA

View Full Version : Extended Ascii and alt characters

Elf_Boy
September 21st, 2020, 01:20
In the past I was able to use characters like æ and Ð in my character names. I see that extended asci is no longer allowed.

If it breaks something I can see the problem, if not can we have that allowed again? It helps a little with flavor for names.

Thanks,

-EB

Kelrugem
September 21st, 2020, 02:15
In the past I was able to use characters like æ and Ð in my character names. I see that extended asci is no longer allowed.

If it breaks something I can see the problem, if not can we have that allowed again? It helps a little with flavor for names.

Thanks,

-EB

You can copy&paste it into FG when copying it from outside FGU, that should work, I think; did you try that out?

Elf_Boy
September 21st, 2020, 02:46
You can copy&paste it into FG when copying it from outside FGU, that should work, I think; did you try that out?

Yes, this does work. Thank you.

Kelrugem
September 21st, 2020, 02:50
Yes, this does work. Thank you.

Cool :) Yeah, these signs are still supported, but the typical numpad codes are not supported by the unity engine seemingly :)

Elf_Boy
September 21st, 2020, 05:53
Seems odd to me. But Oh Well.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 21st, 2020, 12:50
If ASCII is the Alt + Code you have on Windows.
I already say that Fantasy Grounds Unity only generates the symbol by copying and pasting directly from the program, if you create a campaign in Fantasy Grounds Classic and create a module to use in FGU, or even copy and paste and paste a campaign from FGC to FGU, all of these symbols will appear with a square and typing using the Alt code + numeric code has no effect.
I know that because I did the test.