PDA

View Full Version : LOS in Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Seems
September 20th, 2020, 22:11
So I decided to try out Unity as I noticed that the Curse of the Crimson Throne module I've been running on Classic has the LOS label in the Store, which I think is a great feature and worth switching for. I cannot, however, seem to get LOS to work.

In my GM instance, I open up the Scarwall First Floor map, go into the map settings and enable the LOS button. The map on the player instance goes completely dark. When I transfer a player token onto the map, the entire map becomes visible on the player instance. I went into the map settings on the GM instance and opened the LOS layer, and there does not seem to be any LOS formatting on the map.

Am I using this wrong, or is Crimson Throne not actually LOS as advertised? I would love to use this if it actually works, but I'm not going to have my players transfer over to Unity unless I can get LOS working.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Zacchaeus
September 20th, 2020, 22:24
Are you making sure that you are looking at one of the player maps and not a DM map? If you open a player map it will automatically go dark - you don't need to enable the LoS. If you have to enable it you are looking at the wrong map.

Seems
September 20th, 2020, 22:39
I think so! I'm using the map labeled "Map - Scarwall First Floor", NOT the map labeled "GM Map - Scarwall First Floor".

With LOS enabled in my GM instance, the entire map greys out for me, and turns completely black in the player instance. Moving a player token onto the map immediately reveals the entire map.

Zacchaeus
September 20th, 2020, 23:11
Not sure then. Maybe it has only recently been done and hasn’t actually been released https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50591-FGU-Sharing-LOS-Definitions-for-Maps-Crowd-Project&p=540187&highlight=Crimson+throne#post540187

Seems
September 20th, 2020, 23:19
Ahhhhh! That seems to be the case. I will keep my fingers crossed for the 9/22 update. Thanks for checking on this!