PDA

View Full Version : [BUG 3.5e/PF1] ATK effects on next roll and full attack

Kelrugem
September 20th, 2020, 14:55
Hi :)

Some discord users made me aware of some bug (thanks to Urheil and Andres):

A player gives themself a ATK: 1 effect which expires on next roll. Expected behaviour with clicking on the full attack button: Only the first attack gets the bonus, but not all the others.

When the GM rolls the attack, then it works correctly.

When the player rolls the full attack, then the bonus gets applied to all attacks and you can see the following error message in the chat of the GM

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39531&stc=1&d=1600609980

It looks like that the effect can not be immediately removed when the player rolls the full attack (it is important that it is the full attack), hence, the bonus gets applied to all rolls :) As a workaround the GM can roll (not really desirable), or one rolls each attack separately

Best,

Kelrugem

Khaiszer
September 20th, 2020, 15:03
Sometimes the error does not appears but the effect rolling as GM it works fine but rolling as a player keeps applying the effect in full attack.
The results on the full attack must be: +8/+1
GM:

Player:

superteddy57
September 21st, 2020, 14:47
Thank you for the report. Will see what might be causing this issue.

Kelrugem
September 21st, 2020, 14:47
Thank you for the report. Will see what might be causing this issue.

Thank you :)

Urheil
September 21st, 2020, 19:42
thank you!

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2020, 22:29
superteddy57 and I investigated this. The good news is that we understand the issue. The bad news is that it's a issue at a very low-level; and requires a re-design of effect and roll handling to acknowledge that players can't delete effects in the middle of rolls. (i.e. they can delete effects; but it's asynchronous via request to GM machine and completes after rolls all triggered.)

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
September 24th, 2020, 23:49
superteddy57 and I investigated this. The good news is that we understand the issue. The bad news is that it's a issue at a very low-level; and requires a re-design of effect and roll handling to acknowledge that players can't delete effects in the middle of rolls. (i.e. they can delete effects; but it's asynchronous via request to GM machine and completes after rolls all triggered.)

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the answer :)

Oh, I see; well, there is at least the workaround to roll single dice when having such an effect :) To avoid that issue as player

Urheil
September 25th, 2020, 01:54
ohhhh :(

Thanks for looking into this.

Kelrugem
September 25th, 2020, 02:04
ohhhh :(

Thanks for looking into this.

we just need to wait a bit longer :) At some point it is hopefully fixed :)

Urheil
September 25th, 2020, 02:05
I don't know how it is the design... but i'll throw this in case it's useful:
- a flag to see if the effect applies. it will maintain the effect until the end of the round but it will

Moon Wizard
September 25th, 2020, 02:17
Yeah, that's basically what I'm thinking is needed; but it is a lower priority right now since we're heads down on getting FGU released. Technically, this has been around like this since the effects system was implemented many years ago.

Regards,
JPG

Urheil
September 25th, 2020, 03:05
Yeah, that's basically what I'm thinking is needed; but it is a lower priority right now since we're heads down on getting FGU released. Technically, this has been around like this since the effects system was implemented many years ago.

Regards,
JPG

Good luck! Thanks for your reply