PDA

View Full Version : First time with FG2 Last night

mr_h
May 4th, 2007, 15:22
Last night was our first game with FG2 (my Top Secret SI campaign is stuck on FG1 til the ruleset editor comes out). I was a player in this campaign, but I asked the guys to email me feedback so I could post here.

The DM Absolutly loved the Combat Tracker. It was much nicer on him. Plus the targetting was cool (Did you know if one person clicks on a target it circles it in that PC's color, but if two click on it, the color is half PC A, half PC B, and if three people do so, it adds in the third, etc? That's neat :) )

Prepositioning the tokens on the map and setting them invisible helped the DM out quiet a bit. He was able to save quiet a bit of time. He did wonder if the combat tracker could get Tabs, so he could prep multiple encounters at once. He had 20 some creatures on the list, although he only used 3-4 at a time.

There was some annoyance at the mouse scroll button being used to pick numbers (scroll up to a number, scroll down). Most of us are used to using the scroll button to go up and down on a sheet, not to adjust numbers. Along the same lines, I noticed that when you do 'add new item' on a full inventory page, it adds it at the bottom (fine) but sometimes it's hidden by the 'miini' button. A little space for adding a new item would be nice.

The biggest problem us players had was the disappearing Init macro. We'd drag the init from the character sheet to the macro bar and it would either A) Show up, but disappear after the first time we rolled), B) Change to a 0 for some reason or C) Never showed up. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but thought we'd bring it up (I was using slot 12, one other person was using slot 1).

All in all, very fun to play with. I can't wait to be able to toss in my TSSI ruleset:)

richvalle
May 4th, 2007, 15:35
As DM I also love the Init tracker. VERY cool. That tab idea is great! I've also wanted to be able to setup encounters before hand but there is no way to save them right now. Being able to drag a 'pin' from that tab and dropping it onto the map would be nice as well. Clicking on the pin would bring that init tracker tab to the front.

We've reported the 'missing hot key' thing before. It seemed better in the latest version but I think it still happened from time to time with my players last night. I have to check on that and report.

rv

mr_h
May 4th, 2007, 16:07
Oh yeah, they also have a request: Put in a real scroll bar on the sides of those sections too long instead of that little button that you click and drag. They hate that:)

Illrigger
May 4th, 2007, 17:50
Oh yeah, they also have a request: Put in a real scroll bar on the sides of those sections too long instead of that little button that you click and drag. They hate that:)
Mousewheels are your friend :)

greowhiste
May 4th, 2007, 17:51
I'm not a fan of the scroller button at the bottom either. I understand that the page width would increase with a scroll bar, but I think for many reasons it should be implemented. 1.ease of scrolling (duh), 2.the scrollbar is genius because you can get an estimate of how long the list is, and where you are in the length of that list, and 3.in a game that uses the mousewheel so much (and i love the mousewheel for changing numbers/scores) it does indeed conflict with scrolling as a functional tool.