PDA

View Full Version : MGT2E Ruleset for FG turns a year old today!

MadBeardMan
September 19th, 2020, 15:52
Afternoon All,

It was a year ago today that SmiteWorks released the MGT2E ruleset for FG.

It's been quite a ride!

So in the first Calendar year you've been lucky (or unlucky enough) to have been given access to nearly 20 official products, plus some extensions and modules by other players.

You've had 10 major updates to the ruleset plus a few minor/hotfix.

And in the near future we'll have Spacecraft Combat and access to the High Guard book for details on dozens of extra Spacecraft.

None of this would be possible without you, so I want to thank you all.

I'm sorry that at times RL has got in the way and that you have to wait longer than I hoped for some things. I can't help that, but I think you'll agree that I do this in my spare time and so it's a decent amount of work, plus in the last 12 months I've also built the Vampire ruleset (with Luthbel), and been working on some more Call of Cthulhu products. Those will soon come to an end, as my focus will be on Traveller/2300AD and RuneQuest.

Anyway, cheers to you all! And I hope you'll continue to travel the stars with me.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
September 19th, 2020, 16:01
Congratulations on the millstone!

I have to say the functionality of the ruleset is so much more sophisticated and advanced than when it first came out. I really appreciate all the hard work you put into it.

Here's to more anniversaries!

adzling
September 19th, 2020, 16:24
congrats and keep up the good work mbm!

rcruk
September 19th, 2020, 18:01
Thanks MBM.

You're doing a great job. The more I use the ruleset the more I appreciate it. Don't neglect work life balance, games can wait when real life happens. Looking forwards to further developments.

R.

LordNanoc
September 20th, 2020, 10:14
Well done, MBM, well done!
What a great ruleset, and it's still growing!

Trenloe
September 20th, 2020, 10:15
Happy Birthday for yesterday! :D

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 19:55
Afternoon All,

It was a year ago today that SmiteWorks released the MGT2E ruleset for FG.

It's been quite a ride!

So in the first Calendar year you've been lucky (or unlucky enough) to have been given access to nearly 20 official products, plus some extensions and modules by other players.

You've had 10 major updates to the ruleset plus a few minor/hotfix.

And in the near future we'll have Spacecraft Combat and access to the High Guard book for details on dozens of extra Spacecraft.

None of this would be possible without you, so I want to thank you all.

I'm sorry that at times RL has got in the way and that you have to wait longer than I hoped for some things. I can't help that, but I think you'll agree that I do this in my spare time and so it's a decent amount of work, plus in the last 12 months I've also built the Vampire ruleset (with Luthbel), and been working on some more Call of Cthulhu products. Those will soon come to an end, as my focus will be on Traveller/2300AD and RuneQuest.

Anyway, cheers to you all! And I hope you'll continue to travel the stars with me.

Cheers,
MBM

Impressive resume for someone working in their spare time... you are doing great work and work that matters to we gamers who rely on the escape it provides for us to have a work life play balance. I hpe you are well compensated. Cheers,

adzling
October 30th, 2020, 21:45
two thumbs up from this Traveller GM.

Your work is the reason we chose FGU.

LordNanoc
November 3rd, 2020, 15:50
two thumbs up from this Traveller GM.

Your work is the reason we chose FGU.

Actually. this has been our reason as well. Without MBM I would probably have used other tools for GMing Traveller (and my players,too)

rcruk
November 3rd, 2020, 20:34
It’s unlikely my group would be using FGU if it were not for your MGT2e rule set MBM. The three of you are doing a great job and I hope the rule set continues to grow and evolve as it has in the time I’ve been using it.

GregRex
November 4th, 2020, 01:15
My bi-weekly Traveller campaign has been going strong with MGT2 thanks to your guys' work!

LordNanoc
November 4th, 2020, 12:53
thx guys. :o