PDA

View Full Version : [MoreCore] Battletech: A Time of War Extension

Brotherkelly
September 19th, 2020, 13:59
Hi everyone, a thread related to this one has been going for some time in the CoreRPG Section. I have decided to create a new thread here so my modifications to the Extension can be captured better.

This extension is for those wanting to run A Time of War campaigns in the Battletech universe.

The current version is ATOW V1.3.7 uploaded here on 190322.

I won't detail the earlier versions. All new versions will be uploaded into this post.

Updates

V1.2.7 - This provides the GM with the ability to conduct personal combat and Mech Combat encounters. The attached notes detail what included and how the layout works. Added automation for the Mech Range modifiers and applied damage. It currently works with FGC. I will be testing it with FGU over the coming weeks.

V1.2.8 - Added automation for all range modifiers (Mech Combat and Personal Combat). New Dice Rolls created to cater for standard Ranged attacks, Melee attacks and Thrown weapon attacks. The range data is taken from the weapon information either in the campaign database or the ATOW Data Module. The latest Data Module is also attached.

V1.2.9 - Updated after some files needed changing to work correctly with FGU. Also now tested with MoreCore V1.60.

V1.3.0 - Updates to damage applied taking account of the Glass Jaw & Toughness Traits. Wound modifiers now correctly applied. Additional effects added for location wounds (arm, leg, etc). Combat Sense and Combat Paralysis automatically applied to initiative rolls via CT.

V1.3.1 - Updates to automatically set the personal armour values based on the armour the character is wearing. Also added some house rule healing rolls.

V1.3.2 - Updates to damage applied. Subduing & Martial Arts attacks now apply only Fatigue damage. Melee weapon attacks and damage by Splash & Blast weapons now automatically select the lowest armour value in adjacent hit locations. Excess fatigue damage is converted to standard damage.

V1.3.3 - Skipped.

V1.3.4 - Updates to Combat Tracker layout to include Mech Armour and Structure values linked back to the Character Sheet (Player & NPC). Critical Damage automatically rolled when needed through the damage roll.

V1.3.5 - Updates to the Attack Rolls code to correctly determine the range between Source & Target in combat. The MUSE Extension is no longer required as this was causing errors due to recent updates to the FGU rulesets. I have also updated the theme of the extension thanks to the help of Damned.

V1.3.6 - This update covers the addition of specific Dice Rolls for Mech damage as a result of a physical attack and Indirect fire. The attached notes explain how these rolls are used. The next update will look at how critical hit/fumble effects can be applied automatically.

V1.3.7 - Updated to remove the getActor deprecated message from the chat window.

If anyone has questions, clarifications or suggestions for improving it then post a reply to this thread.

Enjoy.

Brotherkelly
November 10th, 2020, 09:53
Just a quick note to say there is an update to the extension and data module. This can be found in post #1.

Brotherkelly
November 16th, 2020, 08:04
The extension has undergone initial testing with FGU and all seems good so far. There were a couple of minor updates needed to a few files and these have been incorporated into Version 1.2.9. It has also been tested with MoreCore V1.60.

The latest version is avialable in Post #1.

Brotherkelly
December 29th, 2020, 17:01
Some additional automation added for personal combat damage. Traits Glass Jaw & Toughness automatically adjust damage applied. Combat Sense & Combat Paralysis accounted for when initiative is rolled by the GM from the Combat Tracker.

Latest version (V1.3.0) is available in Post #1.

kronovan
January 5th, 2021, 17:40
Good to hear the good work is continuing Brotherkelly.

Brotherkelly
January 13th, 2021, 19:46
Hi everyone, another update for you. Automation has been added for setting the personal armour values based on what the character is wearing.

I have also added some healing dice rolls as part of a set of House Rules I use to provide characters with a quicker way of recovering hit points. These are entirely optional and discussed in the latest Extension notes.

Latest version (V1.3.1) is available in Post #1.

Brotherkelly
February 12th, 2021, 08:07
Latest Version, V1.3.2, is now available in Post #1.

Damage applied by Subduing and Martial Arts attacks is now applied to fatigue only.

Damage applied from Splash, Blast and Melee Weapon Attacks now check the armour value of adjacent target locations and uses the lowest value to determine the amount of damage inflicted. The damage multiplier, etc remains unchanged for the original location hit.

The Prone and Unconscious effects are applied automatically to a target when their fatigue level reaches the maximum. Excess fatigue damage is converted standard damage.

Brotherkelly
March 11th, 2021, 19:25
New Version, V1.3.4, is now available in Post #1.

V1.3.3 has been skipped as this was a very minor change.

Main updates centre around the Mech Combat and the Combat Tracker. The Mech Armour and Structure damage is now linked into the Combat Tracker so damage is applied automatically by the system.

The next update will be some time away as I work on streamlining and automating more of the attack/damage rolls.

damned
March 14th, 2021, 00:09
Hello BrotherKelly

I need to remove the ATOW rolls from the MoreCore base because one of them is adding a handler that is causing adjustments to four that is only applicable to ATOW.

if tonumber(nDamage) > 0 then
local myTargetNewFatigue = myTargetFatigue + 1
local myTargetFat = rTarget.sCTNode .. ".four";
Debug.console("myTargetFat: ", myTargetFat);
DB.setValue(myTargetFat, "number", myTargetNewFatigue );
end

Brotherkelly
March 14th, 2021, 11:01
Hello BrotherKelly

I need to remove the ATOW rolls from the MoreCore base because one of them is adding a handler that is causing adjustments to four that is only applicable to ATOW.

if tonumber(nDamage) > 0 then
local myTargetNewFatigue = myTargetFatigue + 1
local myTargetFat = rTarget.sCTNode .. ".four";
Debug.console("myTargetFat: ", myTargetFat);
DB.setValue(myTargetFat, "number", myTargetNewFatigue );
end

No problem. I thought these might cause some issues at some point. They are all built into the ATOW Extension so shouldn't cause issues for anyone using it.

Thanks for letting me know.

Aramis Dante
March 29th, 2021, 20:06
Hi Brotherkelly,

I am new to ATOW but have always loved the BT universe. I would like to help you in some way if I am able. I am not a coder or artist but am good with making tables, and effects on FGU. I am brand new to morcore but am excited about the versatility of it. If I can be of assistance in some way please pm and let me know. Sincerely Aramis

Brotherkelly
March 31st, 2021, 15:54
Thanks for the support Aramis.

The main thing I haven't done anything about is the theme for the extension. The various window frames are based on those from the default settings. It would be good to generate a distinct theme so the window frames match from tab to tab. Is this something you can look at?

Aramis Dante
March 31st, 2021, 19:12
I don't know anything about coding myself butt I was thinking of the same exact thing because it is rather generic to look at. I was thinking about buying some assets from an art developer to use for character sheets. If that can be implemented I would be happy to help in this regard. I have money not know how. lol. I am posting a job for this in a art developers blog. I am also going to consult and ask damned if he would be interested in doing this for he knows his program inside and out. I am not sure what ruleset your mech data is using looks like battle tech total warfare, the alpha strike battle cards look easier to do but I am no expert. Also I don't know how much freedom an artist will have with your program as far as the setup goes. Looking at your pics it looks different from the sheets on the game itself. Do you care how it is setup. I was hoping for a look quite similar to the game itself, but with your code I don't know if it can be done or not. I don't want to change anything you have done, just move it around so it looks like the game is that ok. If not I totally understand. Please let me know how to proceed thanks. Sincerely Aramis.

Brotherkelly
April 1st, 2021, 11:45
Aramis,

The Mech data is based on Alpha strike. All character data and rules are based on the A Time of War: The Battletech RPG Rules.

I would like to keep the general layout unchanged but don't mind if the info on the different tabs is adjusted slightly with some improved graphics.

I would be interested to know what Damned says.

damned
April 1st, 2021, 12:27
Is this the look you are after?
https://www.scribd.com/document/332727425/Battletech-A-Time-Of-War-Record-Sheet

Aramis Dante
April 1st, 2021, 16:40
Yes I don't think that will effect the actual code of brotherkelly only the position. The only thing missing would be the alpha strike card which looks like this45345 . That is the one I don't know how it will affect brotherkelly's version. I still think it's only cosmetic but not sure. I appreciate you looking into this damned it sure is appreciated Sincerely Aramis

Brotherkelly I took great care to look for pics / ideas that would keep to your coding of the game. To the best of my knowledge this would just alter the placement and not change the work you have done except for placement. If I am wrong, I apologize for my ignorance of code. Sincerely Aramis

damned
April 2nd, 2021, 04:32
This is what I have gotten so far.
I have zero intention of rewriting Brother Kellys whole character sheets.
I have built a bunch of custom frames and made some minor shuffles of some items.
This has taken quite a while already and is probably as far as Im willing to go with this...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45357

Brotherkelly
April 2nd, 2021, 18:49
Hi Damned, this is great. Many thanks for doing this. I didn't expect you to do so much. Can you post the frame files and the modified extension. I can then continue and update the remaining frames in my extension. I might even play around with the colours.

Aramis Dante
April 2nd, 2021, 23:19
Thanks Damned I wasn't expecting this either great work, Thank you so much for this looks great Just adding the graphic lines makes the character record pop. You were also able to do it without moving things around either awesome. Damned if I can recompense you for doing this let me know what you want in a pm. Thanks so much. Sincerely Aramis

Aramis Dante
April 2nd, 2021, 23:23
BrotherKelly I was wondering if their is away to remove the total war image on your mod on the desktop. I use multiple monitors and it really doesn't look good on my screen. Or is there a way to modifiy it I would love to have just the lettering of it. Thanks Aramis

damned
April 3rd, 2021, 02:37
Ive sent BrotherKelly my updates earlier today.

In graphics\graphics_frames.xml change this:

<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop.jpg" />
<topleft rect="0,0,1450,1200" />
<top rect="1450,0,450,1200" />

<left rect="0,1200,1450,400" />
<middle rect="1450,1200,450,400" />
</framedef>

to something like this:

<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/frame4.jpg" />
<middle rect="0,0,525,700" />
</framedef>

Brotherkelly
April 3rd, 2021, 10:05
Another option would be to keep the original picture on the frame and change the values Damned suggested to:

<middle rect="0,0,1200,1200" />

This would then look like the attached file.

Aramis Dante
April 3rd, 2021, 22:36
Thanks both of you

Brotherkelly
April 27th, 2021, 08:05
Another minor update to the extension.

V1.3.5 can be found in Post #1.

This update removes the need to have the MUSE V1.10 extension running. This provided the ability to set the grid scale on maps to anything the GM wanted. This feature is now pat of the FGU image editing facilities. Various updates to the rulesets in FGU have resulted in the MUSE extension not working correctly.

The ATOW extension has been modified to get the grid scale data from the image and use it to calculate the range for the attack rolls.

Brotherkelly
June 18th, 2021, 08:15
Latest update to the extension.

V1.3.6 can be found in Post #1.

This covers adding new Dice Rolls for Mech Physical Attack damage and Mech Indirect Fire damage.

I will be working on applying critical hit/fumble effects being applied automatically to the target for the next update.

Enjoy.

Yskonyn
July 25th, 2021, 22:24
I'd like to express my thanks to you for your ongoing work on this extension! Much appreciated and awesome to see AToW being actively supported.

Brotherkelly
July 26th, 2021, 17:26
Yskonyn, thanks for your support.

The work I have done to date is in no way perfect and I am sure there are plenty of things I can do to improve it. I created it so my group could continue to play during the various lockdowns we have suffered due to the COVID pandemic.

There are some more ideas I have to add to the extension but at the moment I am getting to grips with the Ruleset Wizard programme produced by psicodelix. I am looking at this to hopefully improve the AToW Extension but also to help create a FG Ruleset for Shadows of Esteren. You can find out more about this tool here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61387-Ruleset-Wizard-The-new-Ruleset-development-environment

If you have any questions on the extension I have done to date or queries on why certain things work the way they do within the extension then let me know. I should be able to answer/explain what is happening.

Yskonyn
July 27th, 2021, 22:34
You are welcome!

Is there a possibility to get rid of the rather busy background on the FG desktop and replace that with a more easy on the eyes background. Perhaps a logo of the Houses or Clans, a dataslate or a subdued technical drawing of a Mech.

If you give me the needed dimensions I could even do some photoshop magic and create something.

Brotherkelly
July 28th, 2021, 08:18
You are welcome!

Is there a possibility to get rid of the rather busy background on the FG desktop and replace that with a more easy on the eyes background. Perhaps a logo of the Houses or Clans, a dataslate or a subdued technical drawing of a Mech.

If you give me the needed dimensions I could even do some photoshop magic and create something.

Thanks for your suggestion about the desktop background.

I am happy for you to create a different desktop background along the lines you have suggested. The size of the current desktop image is 1230x1040 (w x h) and a resolution of 100 pixels per inch.

It is setup within the extension to tile over the desktop if the visible area is larger than the image. This is to cater for different size screens.

If you want to send me some options I can add it in as a minor update and push it out.

Brotherkelly
March 19th, 2022, 10:07
Latest update to the extension.

V1.3.7 can be found in Post #1.

This covers the removal of the deprecated error messages from the chat window linked to the getActor function.

I am slowly working on re-vamping the extension as a ruleset using the Ruleset Wizard Tool. I may be in a position to post an initial file in the next few months.

damned
March 19th, 2022, 15:17
I am slowly working on re-vamping the extension as a ruleset using the Ruleset Wizard Tool. I may be in a position to post an initial file in the next few months.

Huzzah!

t3xx3r
May 1st, 2022, 19:40

Keep working on it! Hopefully it is FGU compatible!

Brotherkelly
May 2nd, 2022, 16:45
It is definitely FGU compatible.

Brotherkelly
October 13th, 2022, 13:29
New update.

Work is progressing (slowly) using the Ruleset Wizard Tool. I have a bit left to do with the combat tracker and then need to sort out the NPC sheet. Once these are done I will upload the ruleset for people to try out.

bayne7400
October 13th, 2022, 16:40
I sent you a PM. Let me know if you want my file for this ruleset. It is working including an integrated CT and NPCs. Needs some polish and NPC record will need to be updated from last core update.

I did not release it as its not something I planned on supporting but I am happy to send you my work if your going to share/support this with the community.

Brotherkelly
October 13th, 2022, 17:10
I sent you a PM. Let me know if you want my file for this ruleset. It is working including an integrated CT and NPCs. Needs some polish and NPC record will need to be updated from last core update.

I did not release it as its not something I planned on supporting but I am happy to send you my work if your going to share/support this with the community.

Hi Bayne, many thanks for this. I will send you a PM response.

cboillot
December 20th, 2022, 01:07
I am getting errors when loading this.

[12/19/2022 7:03:42 PM] FGU: v4.3.2 ULTIMATE (2022-12-11)
[12/19/2022 7:03:42 PM] OS: Windows 11 (10.0.22623) 64bit
[12/19/2022 7:03:42 PM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 : 8032
[12/19/2022 7:03:42 PM] UI SCALE: 1
[12/19/2022 7:03:42 PM] USER: cboillot
[12/19/2022 7:03:42 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[12/19/2022 7:04:05 PM] Starting private server mode. [(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:1802) (xxxx::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx)]
[12/19/2022 7:04:05 PM] Game server started. [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1802]
[12/19/2022 7:04:05 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[12/19/2022 7:04:05 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[12/19/2022 7:04:05 PM] CAMPAIGN: A Time of War
[12/19/2022 7:04:05 PM] RULESET: MoreCore
[12/19/2022 7:04:05 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - LAN]
[12/19/2022 7:04:16 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 11.0432909 - MoreCore
[12/19/2022 7:04:19 PM] [ERROR] Unable to locate extension file. [ATOW-v1.3.7] []
[12/19/2022 7:04:19 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 2.5857944 - 1
[12/19/2022 7:04:19 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.1955652 - 15
[12/19/2022 7:04:19 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.02615
[12/19/2022 7:04:19 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0030024
[12/19/2022 7:04:19 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0425243
[12/19/2022 7:04:19 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.0716767
[12/19/2022 7:04:20 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 14.7377379
[12/19/2022 7:04:20 PM] [WARNING] Frame desktop contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[12/19/2022 7:04:20 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { } | s' aMinor: ' | { }
[12/19/2022 7:04:20 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[12/19/2022 7:04:20 PM] s'onInit: '
[12/19/2022 7:04:20 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ATOW-v1.3.7:scripts/data_library_atow.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)
[12/19/2022 7:04:20 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ATOW-v1.3.7:..ipts/data_library_GURPS4e.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)
[12/19/2022 7:04:21 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.3936876

damned
December 20th, 2022, 01:13
I think that those two errors should not stop things working. They are to do with Campaign tools/menu.

Brotherkelly
December 20th, 2022, 09:53
I am getting errors when loading this.

I will look at this tonight, but as Damned said they shouldn't stop it working.

The error regarding the extension definitely doesn't stop it working. I haven't been able to figure out why this error occurs as everything loads in okay.

Brotherkelly
December 20th, 2022, 18:50
Hi cboillot,

I have looked at the extension and do not get the errors regarding the sidebar that your message shows above. This was run on FGU 4.3.2 Standard licence, using Morecore Version 1.68 20221102 and CoreRPG Ruleset (2022-15-11).

I would suggest you check you have the latest versions of the MoreCore & Core RPG rulesets. If this still shows the erros then reload the extension from post #1.

Baufrin
December 28th, 2022, 06:18
@Brotherkelly how goes the work with @Bayne7400's code?

Brotherkelly
December 28th, 2022, 09:59
Slow progress, some parts of the code have been used. I will try to provide a further update sometime in January.

Yskonyn
January 3rd, 2023, 18:37
Thanks for your suggestion about the desktop background.

I am happy for you to create a different desktop background along the lines you have suggested. The size of the current desktop image is 1230x1040 (w x h) and a resolution of 100 pixels per inch.

It is setup within the extension to tile over the desktop if the visible area is larger than the image. This is to cater for different size screens.

If you want to send me some options I can add it in as a minor update and push it out.

I am sorry I never got back to you on this. Life suddenly happened.
I am still more than happy to see if I can support your work with a few backgrounds. If you could send me the templates; yskonyn (add) gmail (dot) com

Happy Newyear!

cboillot
January 15th, 2023, 04:57
Hi cboillot,

I have looked at the extension and do not get the errors regarding the sidebar that your message shows above. This was run on FGU 4.3.2 Standard licence, using Morecore Version 1.68 20221102 and CoreRPG Ruleset (2022-15-11).

I would suggest you check you have the latest versions of the MoreCore & Core RPG rulesets. If this still shows the erros then reload the extension from post #1.

Those are the versions I was running. The only difference is that I am running an Ultimate license. But now I am getting a different error.

[1/14/2023 10:52:39 PM] FGU: v4.3.2 ULTIMATE (2022-12-11)
[1/14/2023 10:52:39 PM] OS: Windows 11 (10.0.22623) 64bit
[1/14/2023 10:52:39 PM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 : 8032
[1/14/2023 10:52:39 PM] UI SCALE: 1
[1/14/2023 10:52:39 PM] USER: cboillot
[1/14/2023 10:52:39 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[1/14/2023 10:52:45 PM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.1.235:1802) (fe80::e17a:fdcb:4083:acdf:1802)]
[1/14/2023 10:52:45 PM] Game server started. [192.168.1.235:1802]
[1/14/2023 10:52:45 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[1/14/2023 10:52:45 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[1/14/2023 10:52:45 PM] CAMPAIGN: A Time of War
[1/14/2023 10:52:45 PM] RULESET: MoreCore
[1/14/2023 10:52:45 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - LAN]
[1/14/2023 10:52:56 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 10.9339531 - MoreCore
[1/14/2023 10:52:59 PM] [ERROR] Unable to locate extension file. [ATOW-v1.3.7] []
[1/14/2023 10:52:59 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 2.5532435 - 1
[1/14/2023 10:52:59 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.1839956 - 15
[1/14/2023 10:52:59 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0258525
[1/14/2023 10:52:59 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0020017
[1/14/2023 10:52:59 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0393178
[1/14/2023 10:52:59 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.0681733
[1/14/2023 10:53:00 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 14.5494874
[1/14/2023 10:53:00 PM] [WARNING] Frame desktop contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[1/14/2023 10:53:00 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #6, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #68 }
[1/14/2023 10:53:00 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[1/14/2023 10:53:00 PM] s'onInit: '
[1/14/2023 10:53:00 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ATOW-v1.3.7:scripts/data_library_atow.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)
[1/14/2023 10:53:00 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ATOW-v1.3.7:..ipts/data_library_GURPS4e.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)
[1/14/2023 10:53:02 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.8761769

damned
January 15th, 2023, 05:47
Please make sure you have no unpacked versions of CoreRPG, MoreCore in your /rulesets folder
Please make sure you have no unpacked ATOW folders in /extensions
Please make sure the EXT file from post #1 is in your /extensions folder and try again

cboillot
January 15th, 2023, 07:57
Please make sure you have no unpacked versions of CoreRPG, MoreCore in your /rulesets folder
Please make sure you have no unpacked ATOW folders in /extensions
Please make sure the EXT file from post #1 is in your /extensions folder and try again

As you can see, no unpacked versions or folders, and the version of the EXT file was downloaded again yesterday.

Directory: C:\Users\[redacted]\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 7779620 2E.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 596795 3.5E.pak
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 4160604 4E.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 5664123 5E.pak
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 10757339 CoreRPG.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 230601 Cypher System.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 1349565 Fate Core.pak
-a---- 12/12/2022 5:14 PM 3101059 MoreCore.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 6581 Numenera.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 16654 PFRPG.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 3950411 PFRPG2.pak
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 10025874 SFRPG.pak
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 25900 The Strange.pak

Directory: C:\Users\[redacted]\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions

------ 1/14/2023 10:52 PM 980607 ATOW-v1.3.7.ext
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:57 PM 12494 Basic Card Tables.ext
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:57 PM 7790 ct-scroll-0_4.ext
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 885 fate-BlankSkills.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:19 PM 85781 FG-ClockAdjuster-main.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:19 PM 23648 FriendZone.ext
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:57 PM 21456 PartyToMap.ext
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:57 PM 12523 random-spellbooks-0_2.ext
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:57 PM 19049 StealthTracker.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 1380285 Theme_Dungeon.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 296101 Theme_Simple_Brown.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 270444 Theme_Simple_Gray.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 3653295 Theme_SWU.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 3311068 Theme_SWU_dark.ext
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 7169060 Theme_Wood.ext

Directory: C:\Users\[redacted]\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\modules

-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 7012 2E Assets.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 144210 3.5E-basicrules.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 191556 3.5E-magicitems.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 299686 3.5E-monsters.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 260627 3.5E-spells.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 827627 AnimalPogs.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 315969 Animals.mod
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:52 PM 47880 ATOW Data.mod
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 34902 calendars.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 2060594 CharacterPogs.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 1155848 Characters.mod
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 5938748 Combat_Battlemaps.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 609477 Cypher Assets.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 1044304 DD Basic Rules - DM.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 834075 DD Basic Rules - Player.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 4137411 DD5E SRD Bestiary.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 352642 DD5E SRD Data.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 337711 DD5E SRD Magic Items.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 678491 FateCoreSRD.mod
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 19672 fumblecrit.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:54 PM 2761015 ks01_ogl_well_met_in_kithtakharos.mod
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 305359 lettertokens.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 3910715 MonsterPogs.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 3219437 Monsters.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 237929 PF-SRD-Basic-Rules.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 206708 PF-SRD-Bestiary.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 185166 PF-SRD-Magic-Items.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 266791 PF-SRD-Spells.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 122190 PFRPG2 Assets.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 2257840 Saz Asset Pack.mod
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 7009058 SFRPG Assets.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 35872547 Shockbolt GMW Kit.mod
-a---- 1/14/2023 10:18 PM 75329 SmiteWorks Assets.mod
-a---- 11/20/2022 1:55 PM 24635299 TorstansArtPack.mod

As a side note, while I can add an NPC to the CT, I am unable to add a PC.

[1/15/2023 1:52:44 AM] FGU: v4.3.2 ULTIMATE (2022-12-11)
[1/15/2023 1:52:44 AM] OS: Windows 11 (10.0.22623) 64bit
[1/15/2023 1:52:44 AM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 : 8032
[1/15/2023 1:52:44 AM] UI SCALE: 1
[1/15/2023 1:52:44 AM] USER: cboillot
[1/15/2023 1:52:44 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[1/15/2023 1:53:45 AM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.1.235:1802) (fe80::e17a:fdcb:4083:acdf:1802)]
[1/15/2023 1:53:45 AM] Game server started. [192.168.1.235:1802]
[1/15/2023 1:53:45 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
[1/15/2023 1:53:45 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
[1/15/2023 1:53:45 AM] CAMPAIGN: A Time of War
[1/15/2023 1:53:45 AM] RULESET: MoreCore
[1/15/2023 1:53:45 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - LAN]
[1/15/2023 1:53:56 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 10.757723 - MoreCore
[1/15/2023 1:53:58 AM] [ERROR] Unable to locate extension file. [ATOW-v1.3.7] []
[1/15/2023 1:53:58 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 2.5630453 - 1
[1/15/2023 1:53:58 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.1844736 - 15
[1/15/2023 1:53:58 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0345292
[1/15/2023 1:53:58 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0030023
[1/15/2023 1:53:59 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0403267
[1/15/2023 1:53:59 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.0788688
[1/15/2023 1:53:59 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 14.44808
[1/15/2023 1:53:59 AM] [WARNING] Frame desktop contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[1/15/2023 1:54:00 AM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #6, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #68 }
[1/15/2023 1:54:00 AM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[1/15/2023 1:54:00 AM] s'onInit: '
[1/15/2023 1:54:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ATOW-v1.3.7:scripts/data_library_atow.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)
[1/15/2023 1:54:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ATOW-v1.3.7:..ipts/data_library_GURPS4e.lua"]:443: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)
[1/15/2023 1:54:00 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0403171 - BT:ATOW Data Module
[1/15/2023 1:54:01 AM] s'CT List: ' | { s'id-00001' = databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00001 } }
[1/15/2023 1:54:01 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_token.lua"]:519: attempt to call field 'getFactionFromCT' (a nil value)
[1/15/2023 1:54:01 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 2.1108096
[1/15/2023 1:54:05 AM] s'ct-target-summary: ' | fn
[1/15/2023 1:54:05 AM] s'ct-target-summary: ' | fn
[1/15/2023 1:54:12 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_combat_record.lua"]:296: attempt to call field 'createCombatantNode' (a nil value)

damned
January 15th, 2023, 08:44
Here is a temp build until BrotherKelly can investigate.
Delete the ATOW.1.3.7.ext or whatever it is called.

cboillot
January 15th, 2023, 09:02
Here is a temp build until BrotherKelly can investigate.
Delete the ATOW.1.3.7.ext or whatever it is called.

Alright, had to create a new game, but I don't get the error on load, but I still can't add a PC to the CT. Still getting this error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_combat_record.lua"]:296: attempt to call field 'createCombatantNode' (a nil value)

damned
January 15th, 2023, 09:21
OK - I cant spend much time on this. Can you confirm that you are dragging PCs from their portraits?

cboillot
January 15th, 2023, 09:22
OK - I cant spend much time on this. Can you confirm that you are dragging PCs from their portraits?

Yes, I can confirm that. I am in no hurry.

damned
January 15th, 2023, 11:27
Hola BrotherKelly

Error above is mostly because you have included a lot of files from CoreRPG (and probably some from MoreCore) that mean that when they change you have to change code in your files.

The first errors posted were fixed by removing this from your extension
<includefile sourec="campaign/campaign_masterindex.xml" />
There is a typo firstly (sourec) but also I dont think it is needed - add it back if it is without the typo.

The next error looks like it is due to changes in CoreRPG
scripts\manager_combat_record.lua

I havent tried to resolve further than that - Im not sure what code you have added/edited etc.

if you can can avoid including whole files it does reduce the likelihood of this happening.

Brotherkelly
January 20th, 2023, 14:25
Hola BrotherKelly

Error above is mostly because you have included a lot of files from CoreRPG (and probably some from MoreCore) that mean that when they change you have to change code in your files.

The first errors posted were fixed by removing this from your extension
<includefile sourec="campaign/campaign_masterindex.xml" />
There is a typo firstly (sourec) but also I dont think it is needed - add it back if it is without the typo.

The next error looks like it is due to changes in CoreRPG
scripts\manager_combat_record.lua

I havent tried to resolve further than that - Im not sure what code you have added/edited etc.

if you can can avoid including whole files it does reduce the likelihood of this happening.

Thanks for the feedback Damned.

I don't plan on making any changes to this extension as I am progressing with the new ruleset via the Ruleset Wizard tool. Should be able to push out the first version in the next month.

madman
January 22nd, 2023, 22:49
Thanks for the feedback Damned.

I don't plan on making any changes to this extension as I am progressing with the new ruleset via the Ruleset Wizard tool. Should be able to push out the first version in the next month.

Can not wait to see it..

Brotherkelly
February 22nd, 2023, 13:01
Some delays in getting the new version ready. I am hoping to push something out by the end of March.

Brotherkelly
April 6th, 2023, 08:22
Just to let everyone know, I have now released my initial version of the new ruleset for Battletech: A Time of War using the Ruleset Wizard by psicodelix.

It can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77424-Battletech-A-Time-of-War-Ruleset

Any issues, questions or comments should be put on this new thread.

Thanks and enjoy.

damned
April 6th, 2023, 11:22
Awesome!