PDA

View Full Version : problem adding maps in unity

hawkwind
September 19th, 2020, 10:22
I ripped some jpgs from a PDF and ran them through the Map Align Tool and exported to the images folder in the campaign and was surprised when they didn't appear in in FGU. i tried importing them using the import file dialogue and got these error messages in the screen shot. i tried it in classic and it showed up no problem, i tried another file and that wouldn't import either. Any ideas?

Im using the latest version of FGU and running no extensions with only one module loaded

Kelrugem
September 19th, 2020, 13:51
I ripped some jpgs from a PDF and ran them through the Map Align Tool and exported to the images folder in the campaign and was surprised when they didn't appear in in FGU. i tried importing them using the import file dialogue and got these error messages in the screen shot. i tried it in classic and it showed up no problem, i tried another file and that wouldn't import either. Any ideas?

Im using the latest version of FGU and running no extensions with only one module loaded

When something is in the images folder, then it will automatically be an asset. Did you look there? :) The "Import File" button is just for files which are not in the images folder when I understood it correctly :) This button basically makes a copy of the image file into your images folder, and then, as an extra, it creates also a map entry for that image :) But using that button on files in the image folder produces an error saying "already exists in assets", then you need to drag&drop the image from the asset to the maps' list :)

though your error messages look very different and strange, are there any exotic signs in the name of your images?

LordEntrails
September 19th, 2020, 16:22
Yea, images are handled differently in FGU, make sure you are using the FGU process and not the FGC process. Correct ways to import into FGU are detailed here;
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950633/Working+with+Images+as+the+GM