PDA

View Full Version : Another Pre-Gen Conundrum - Barsala

Tuleen Donai
September 19th, 2020, 01:15
Here's what the PDF says:

Statistics:
Str 12 (+1); Dex 14 (+2); Con 10 (+0); Int 8 (–1); Wis 16 (+3); Cha 13 (+1)

** Now first off - look at that Intelligence Score - 8 (-1.) Now Kasathas, especially ones in a Science Profession, WANT high Intelligence scores. First, The Available Ranks are 4 + Int modifier, right?

** This is from the Biohacker Class in the Character Operations Manual:
"Your Intelligence helps you learn about the sciences, while your Wisdom helps you interpret facts and apply them to real-world situations. You should choose either
Intelligence or Wisdom as your key ability score. Once made, this choice cannot be changed. A high Dexterity can help you better aid your allies and hinder your foes with
your ranged biohacks."

As a Biohacker, doesn't seem like having your lowest score be Intelligence does it?

** Now look at her skills from the PDF:
Acrobatics (DEX)________ +4
Athletics (STR)__________ +3 (both easily met with decent Ability Scores and +2 Racial bonus for both)
Culture (INT)___________ +6 (Racial Bonus +2)
Life Science (INT)_______ +9 (I can get here.)
Medicine (INT)__________ +7 (Rank+Trained Skill - +4 - Yes.)
Physical Science (INT)____ +8 (I can't get here either, most +8)
Profession (INT, WIS, CHA) +6 (Is this considered a Trained Skill, even so, I can get to +5)
(Video Personality)

The best I've come up with is altering her Statistics to:

Str 12 (+1); Dex 14 (+2); Con 10 (+0); Int 18 (+4); Wis 10 (+0) Cha 8 (-1);

Help????

Tuleen Donai
September 19th, 2020, 17:59
I reached out to the Paizo forums - Barsala is Instinctive.

SCIENTIFIC METHOD (EX) 1st Level
You have an innate mental gift, and a special way of approaching problems that lets you surpass normal researchers and scholars. If your key ability score is Intelligence, you have a studious mind. If your key ability score is Wisdom, you have an instinctive mind. Your scientific method affects your spark of ingenuity class feature (see below), and may impact how some other class features function, as noted in those abilities.

Instinctive
You can quickly intuit the connections between things and often act instinctively on those connections, gaining knowledge and aptitude without always being able to say how you picked it up. Select two skills—once made, this choice cannot be changed. You gain a bonus rank in each of these two skills at every level, as well as a +1 insight bonus to checks using these skills. This bonus increases by 1 at 3rd level and every 4 levels thereafter. Additionally, you can add your Wisdom modifier instead of your Intelligence modifier to Life Science, Medicine, and Physical Science checks.

This will likely FIX everything - or, at least most things.