PDA

View Full Version : Transferring player notes to FG II

Callum
May 4th, 2007, 11:20
Has anyone come up with a simple way of transferring player notes to FG II? My players have made copious campaign notes which they use to keep track of important info, and thus it's vital that we can get them across. I don't even know if player notes work in the same, freestanding way in FG II!

Thanks in advance for your help.

greowhiste
May 4th, 2007, 17:58
Well, where did your players take notes in FGI? Personally, as a DM, I actually make all my notes in a word processing program and as preparation for the game I simply copy and paste them into FGII where they go (personalities, story, etc). I do this for a few reasons: 1.I actually work on a mac, and I take it everywhere I go, so I could feasably work on the campaign while i'm waiting for the subway, 2.I always have a backup, and an editable form that I can navigate easily through. I love the FG team and I trust them a lot, but if something should happen and I lose all my data from a campaign, I would be in tears. I always keep a backup somewhere.

With that said, I would suggest that they find the notes they took in your files, copy them into a word document, then copy them BACK into the notes section of their character sheets in FGII.

Just my first thought.

Griogre
May 4th, 2007, 18:46
Callum, I don't think there is an easy way of doing this. You are going to have to open the xml on your FG1 campaign and cut and past it into something. Depending on how private the notes are you could either cut and paste them into FG2 storybook entries you could share with the player(s) or just cut and paste them into an e-mail and send it to them.

richvalle
May 4th, 2007, 19:13
Callum, I don't think there is an easy way of doing this. You are going to have to open the xml on your FG1 campaign and cut and past it into something. Depending on how private the notes are you could either cut and paste them into FG2 storybook entries you could share with the player(s) or just cut and paste them into an e-mail and send it to them.

Yes, this is what I ended up doing for one of my players. She ended up with ALL the notes.

rv