PDA

View Full Version : Artist available...

initiatezao
May 4th, 2007, 10:35
I am a full time art student and with classes coming to an end for the semester I wanted to stay busy over the summertime by offering my services as an artist here for the FG community. I have been wanting to get into game illustration for a while and thought this is a good opportunity to work on my skills and increase my portfolio while providing some character portraits or item visualization or whatever for all the gamers out there.

Please post a reply below with as much or as little detail you would like to provide and I will attempt to visualize your ideas and then post the image here in the forums. Please only one drawing per post.

My website can be found in my signature below if you would like to see my previous work. I work mostly in traditional media and then bring it into photoshop or painter and tweak with it a little.

Oberoten
May 4th, 2007, 11:07
What prices are we talking here? And can we see a few samples beforehand?

I am not trying to be rude here, just curious. :) I have quite a bit of illustrations I'd love to have done by someone of higher skill than my own, but alas since I am nearly cleared out of cash the price is very relevant. And of course HOW to pay you. :)

initiatezao
May 4th, 2007, 20:50
I was going to do them at no cost. FREE!!! Thats why I said only one drawing a post. So i can help out as many people as possible.

I just want to stay busy artistically during the summer while improving my drawing abilities and padding my (non existant) fantasy portfolio to eventually submit to established game design companies. Since I have not specifically done anything like this before I think it's worth is more than any $$$.

I thought it is a win win situation for me the artist (to improve) and you guys the gamers (for pretty pictures).

Click this link to see my gallery:
https://www.fallensunasylum.org/simpleviewer/index.html
There are a few fantasy images in there.

Peace Tomas...

Sigurd
May 4th, 2007, 21:31
I hope this inspires you. If you do this, I will never bug you (rudely) to know when its done and I really appreciate your generousity.

I would love a picture of a pirate mage. No peg legs (he's actually a selkie). His name is Arima and he has black hair a high charisma and a little beard. Equipment wise, he wears Elfin chain and one of those cool captain's great coats. He has a familiar in the shape of a mischevous faery and fights with a cutlas & mithral shield, or casts spells.

The figure alone or casting spells on a ship or captaining a ship or ......

Sigurd

I have some stuff I rooked together but It would be cool to have someone with talent try illustrating this character. I love the gritty look of your coloured pieces. Thanks Initiatezao!

Oberoten
May 4th, 2007, 21:32
NIIICE. *grin*

Hmmmm... A request then. Two fighters facing eachother on a thin stone-bridge over a ravine, one falling back the other pushing him towards a gaping hole. :)

.... *madre de Dios...* Just checked your galleries... Wow. This is a real opportunity for us wanting illustrations.

Griogre
May 4th, 2007, 22:15
Well, as a change of pace how about a 64x64 head and shoulders color portrait of an Evil High Priest? I could use one for a bad guy. Here's a mono referance drawing:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/EHPRef.png

jmhrivnak
May 6th, 2007, 09:12
Very nice portfolio!

If you get an opportunity, I would love to see my 1/2 orc monk (formerly barbarian) drawn.

The character, Uurt, is the typical large muscular 1/2 orc with, shaven head except for a ponytail, bare chested, with six horizontal neatly self inflicted scars on his chest and upper arms arranged to form a square. The scars on the upper arms also have a circular scar centered inside the square. He wears hakama and carries an excessively heavy rough hewn quarterstaff. He also wraps his forearms to the elbow.

I hope that's not too specific.

I would certainly be grateful and honored to have a character included in your portfolio.

Best of luck with your goal of working in the gaming industry, you certainly have the talent for it.

Thanks, John

initiatezao
May 7th, 2007, 08:07
Damn this is harder than I thought. haha...

Been working on these over this last weekend.

I have two weeks left of school and then a few final critiques for adv drawing and figure drawing classes. Then no school for three months, not doing summer classes. So should be able to get these posted few or so days after classes. So expect in a bout 3.5 weeks, maybe sooner if I can get my finals done soon. I was gonna post low res images here in forum and then private message you guys with links to high rez images if you want to print out.

Later...

Oberoten
May 7th, 2007, 09:14
Glorious. :) I don't know what else to say. :)

Sigurd
May 7th, 2007, 18:19
Harder than you thought is _good_ right?

Just be thankful nobody asked you to draw 'justice' or express the true nature of a fumble roll :).

Sigurd

kepli
May 13th, 2007, 13:11
If you look for more "practice", visit the Dundjinni website and look for the art-requests there as well ;)

Sigurd
June 3rd, 2007, 10:20
Hey Init, Hope you're ok...

Sigurd

SniperDM
June 4th, 2007, 23:35
express the true nature of a fumble roll :).
It's already been done. (https://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/munch/munch.scream.jpg)

JadeZephyr
June 6th, 2007, 09:07
I love your style, and as a fellow (aspiring) artist myself, I can really understand what you mean by wanting to stay busy. Mind if I jump in on this, maybe? My art is nowhere near as good as yours, as I'm still a high school student, but could I please get permission to use the descriptions here to do my own renditions of things? Maybe if things are turning out well I'll offer my services for actual portraits, but for now, I just need inspiration for things to draw...So whaddya guys say? >>;

Oberoten
June 6th, 2007, 09:14
It'd be more than fine with me. :)

Griogre
June 6th, 2007, 17:43
OK with me also - not many turn down free art - if they don't like it they just don't use it.

Lupus Astrum
June 9th, 2007, 22:17
Ooh nice - from your portfolio it seems from your style of art that you may be interested in drawing one of the characters I play.

https://abberant.com/phpBB/images/avatars/1377914159461a0208a8476.jpg
(The image I use for her portrait, haha, just use this for a reference to her face.)

Appearance: A youthful-looking girl with an athletic, but petite build. Her bright, green eyes contrast against her straight, black hair. She fights with a monkey-gripped, large-size spiked chain (15 ft. reach, so it's pretty massive). She wears a chain shirt, no helmet, a dark leather skirt, and dark leather gloves/boots. When she isn't attacking with her chain, she wraps it around her body in a special way which keeps the spikey bits hoisted up and dangling behind her (the chain is long, so it covers most of her torso/chest/skirt area) (Also, I imagine the spiked chain as only "spiked" on the two ends of the chain; about a foot of spiked chain on each end.). She takes good care of her equipment, so it's all in fair condition - sharp/shiny/etc.

Definitely a tough character to draw with all the chain work, but you seem to really go for a lot of the female Asian stuff. ^_^ She's a character with a lot of personality, being a swashbuckler - it'd be really fun to have something of her fleshed out into artwork.