PDA

View Full Version : Clarification about upgrading from FGC to FGU license

BakaMatt
September 18th, 2020, 03:47
From the FAQ:

Users who own both FGC and FGU will be able to run either platform to join or host games.

For clarity, as a user with an existing FGC Ultimate license, if I were to purchase a FGU license, does the above mean I will effectively have two licenses? (one for FGC and a separate one for FGU)

I have an existing ongoing FGC campaign that I don't want to interrupt, but am eager to start building in FGU at the same time.

I realize this may be obvious based on the FAQ line I quoted, but looking for confirmation.

Thanks!

LordEntrails
September 18th, 2020, 03:52
For clarity, as a user with an existing FGC Ultimate license, if I were to purchase a FGU license, does the above mean I will effectively have two licenses? (one for FGC and a separate one for FGU)
Yes, and you can have them both installed on the same computer, just do NOT use the same installation or data directory for both.

I have an existing ongoing FGC campaign that I don't want to interrupt, but am eager to start building in FGU at the same time.

You can migrate an FGC campaign to FGU, but not back.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55522-How-to-Migrate-a-FGC-Campaign-to-FGU

Granamere
September 18th, 2020, 14:35
I bought FGC Ultimate then I upgraded to Unity Ultimate and can use both. My main campaign is still in FGC. I hope the next one will be in unity. :)

JoakimEdman
September 19th, 2020, 16:08
Hi there.
English is not my native language.
Just to be 100% sure.

If i upgrade my FGC ultimate to FGU ultimate in steam(linked to FG of course):

1: Do i still have the option to be a player/GM in both FGC and FGU?
2: Can i use my old/new DLC in both FGC and FGU.
3: Can i start new campaigns in both FGC and FGU.

Or do I have to buy a separate FGU if I want to be able to play both FGU and FGC.

Best regards.
Joakim
:)

Granamere
September 19th, 2020, 16:16
1 Yes in both You can be a player or DM as long as the DM is not using a Demo license. If the DM has a regular or Ultimate you are good.

2 Yes. LOS Line of sight will not work in FGC other than that is will work. If you move a campaign to FGU you would not be able to move it back to FGC but you could always start a new on in either.

3 Yes

What happens when you upgrade is you get a discount on FGU. You will still have the Serial number for FGC and if you ever need to reinstall it then you want to use it. You will get a new serial number for FGU and when you install it you would just use that serial number.

I have not tested but I am betting you would get an error if you tried to use the wrong serial number with the other product.

JoakimEdman
September 19th, 2020, 19:17
Thank you for the clarification.. :)
Best regards Joakim
:)