PDA

View Full Version : How to set up Damage to Attributes rather than HP

sasigns
September 18th, 2020, 01:20
I have a monster NPC that it's attack deals damage to stats (STR, CON, Siz) I would like to know how to set it up for it to take the amount of damage rolled and instead of applying it to hit points it would take it off the corresponding attributes. In the example below you can see that a 10 and a 9 and a 3 were rolled. So it needs to subtract 10 from STR 9 from CON and 3 from SIZ . Can this be done or is it something that the pc will have to do manually?

LordEntrails
September 18th, 2020, 02:13
Please let us know what ruleset you are using or post in the appropriate ruleset forum. The answer will change depending upon what game rules you are using.

In D&D 5E you could make an effect, but I don't think you can automate an attack that directly effects an attribute/ability.

sasigns
September 18th, 2020, 02:28
I am using FG classic
running the Call of Cthulhu rule set.

LordEntrails
September 18th, 2020, 02:37
MOD: moved to CoC7E Forums so you get visibility from folks who use the ruleset.

ianmward
September 18th, 2020, 13:25
I have a monster NPC that it's attack deals damage to stats (STR, CON, Siz) I would like to know how to set it up for it to take the amount of damage rolled and instead of applying it to hit points it would take it off the corresponding attributes. In the example below you can see that a 10 and a 9 and a 3 were rolled. So it needs to subtract 10 from STR 9 from CON and 3 from SIZ . Can this be done or is it something that the pc will have to do manually?

I'm afraid it is not possible in the current implementation, so it would have to be done manually.