PDA

View Full Version : Language in chat - not showing characters that understand other languages

Tiberius777
September 17th, 2020, 00:12
All,

Previously when using FGU, I would write something in a different language in the chat window, it would say "[understood by:]". It still does, but it doesn't show the characters that should understand the language. Is that a setting I'm missing? The language is spelled correctly (I've seen that in other posts).

Thanks in advance!
Tiberius777

Zacchaeus
September 17th, 2020, 00:18
Hi Tiberius welcome to FG.

Did you have players connected to your game when you noticed this?

LordEntrails
September 17th, 2020, 02:15
Players must be connected. They must have characters, and the characters must have the languages on the character sheets with the proper spelling, including capitalization.

Tiberius777
September 17th, 2020, 16:22
Players must be connected. They must have characters, and the characters must have the languages on the character sheets with the proper spelling, including capitalization.

Ok, sounds like the only thing I didn't have was a player connected who owned the character.

Side note - I imported a character from another campaign and a random player was able to move it around. I'm not sure why he was able to do that.

I apologize in advance - I've been playing with the software a bit on my own but haven't actually run a game, yet.

Thanks for all the quick responses! thanks everyone!

LordEntrails
September 17th, 2020, 17:41
Side note - I imported a character from another campaign and a random player was able to move it around. I'm not sure why he was able to do that.
The option "Party Vision" is set to on. This is one of the capabilities enabled when this is set to on. The option also allows players to see the LOS of all friendly tokens, including familiars etc.

Tiberius777
September 17th, 2020, 18:11
OK, cool!

dawnstorm
January 3rd, 2021, 12:03
Once I select a language (for example, Orc), how can I deselect it returning to a neutral chat with no specific language selected?

Zacchaeus
January 3rd, 2021, 12:06
Select the blank option in the drop down.