PDA

View Full Version : Token Pack 13

devinnight
May 4th, 2007, 04:21
Friday I am releasing my 13th token pack.
It will be available at the Four Ugly Monster store.
https://fouruglymonsters.com/onlinestore/index.php

This pack contains a variety of swashbucklers of both genders found on the high seas.

Next on the list is Dungeon Master Essentials 2 (taking requests)
Elementals are already in. Accepting any non-humanoid suggestions.

as always, Thanks.

-Devin

Sigurd
May 4th, 2007, 05:43
I love your tokens. Can I ask a question?

Do you draw them as we see them from the top down? Or use some sort of 3d image you rotate?

Sigurd

Tailz Silver Paws
May 4th, 2007, 07:19
Hey Devinnight, I think you need to edit your store, its saying to me:

Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.

devinnight
May 4th, 2007, 17:07
Thanks.
I use poser for basic humanoid poses but then tweak them. A lot of them I just draw. I look for reference whenever possible.

Tail, yeah I know I just haven't figured out how to get rid of that yet. There is an abundance of text Zen cart has throughout the site that I haven't managed to remove yet.
I was happy to just get the products in place and the payment and delivery function to work. :)

Alarian
May 5th, 2007, 16:30
Hey Devinnight, I have a quick question for you on your token packs. I see you have two versions (I've bought a fair number of the low res versions) and that the low-res versions are for FG and the others (hi-res) are for BG. My question is do I really need to use the low-res in FG or could I just buy the higher quality ones? Seems if I buy the high res ones, I will be able to use them in other projects more easily than if I purchase the lower quality ones.

Just wondering if you strongly recommend the low-res ones for FG over the others.

Alarian

heruca
May 5th, 2007, 17:11
The low-res tokens are more bandwidth-friendly, but don't provide as much detail, especially when you zoom in.

It's my understanding that the low-res ones are being phased out, and in the future they will only be available in hi-res.

devinnight
May 7th, 2007, 00:48
Yeah, Heruca is pretty much on target.
FG used to have trouble with larger file sizes and no scaling.
With FGII higher-res tokens will allow for flexibility. I'm waiting to test a few games with hi-res tokens before I phase out the low-res ones just to make sure that they don't cause any problems.

If I do phase out the lo-res I will offer an upgrade at a low price.
Even now if you want to switch to hi-res tokens send me an email and if you have the store receipt attach it and I will send you new files. If you don't have the receipts I'll have to dig through my backlogs to verify your purchase.

Thanks.

-D

Alarian
May 7th, 2007, 01:21
Thanks, I'll send off my receipt for what I have asap.

Alarian.

greowhiste
May 9th, 2007, 22:02
I would assume some good essential tokens would be monsters straight from the Monster Summoning list. Giant vermin, some devils and demons, archons or eladrin... just my simple suggestions. Also, maybe some classic fantasy creatures: medusa, chimera, centaur, satyrs, harpies, gargoyles, pegasus, things like that.

VenomousFiligree
May 9th, 2007, 22:40
Next on the list is Dungeon Master Essentials 2 (taking requests)
Elementals are already in. Accepting any non-humanoid suggestions.

as always, Thanks.

-Devin

I would like to see some props, so maps can be quickly customised, ie chests, barrels, etc.

:)
MB

devinnight
May 13th, 2007, 05:45
a lot of those things can be picked up at Dundjinni.
However if you would really prefer them to be hand drawn in my imperfect style let me know and I bet between Kepli, Snikle and myself we could put together a nice pack of placeables.
-D

devinnight
May 24th, 2007, 19:09
Taking a cue from Greowhiste I am working on he Dungeon master Essentials 2.
Including Chimera, Manticore, Satyr, Minotaur, Pegasus, Wyverns and more.
Here is a shot of some of them in the b/w stage.
https://www.immortalnights.com/wip/DME2tokens.jpg

-D

devinnight
July 8th, 2007, 22:35
Token Pack 14 will be available Monday.
https://www.immortalnights.com/wip/TPP14.jpg
Sample
https://www.immortalnights.com/wip/DME2FG_11.jpg
Thanks.
-D

Toadwart
July 8th, 2007, 23:24
Sweet! More monsters for the menagerie :D

Next Pack = a lot of mangled, torn PC corpses to litter behind these guys?
(j/k though I would quite like a few more 'dead pc' tokens and I guess some dead monster tokens too though I doubt I'll need em. <insert evil laugh here>)

Honduras
July 9th, 2007, 06:15
Are there any other means of buying these token packs without using Paypal?

devinnight
July 10th, 2007, 01:50
I thought we had the site set up to accept credit cards.
I will check tonight.
If not, I am always willing to find other ways around PayPal.
Feel free to contact me through [email protected] to discuss.
-D

Haplo
July 11th, 2007, 04:34
Anyone request a beholder yet? Mindflayer.. :)

heruca
July 11th, 2007, 15:24
AFAIK, beholders and mindflayers are already available in another token pack.

John_Geeshu
July 11th, 2007, 21:19
What about mounted versions of common monsters and PCs? Also some other types of vehicles like boats, rafts, and carriages. These make for challenging combat encounters. Think, Willow.

devinnight
July 11th, 2007, 21:45
good ideas, wish I had a day job to quit so I could make tokens, as it is watching two girls makes finding time tricky. And this fall I am teaching three classes.. maybe I can enslave my students into making some tokens as homework.
Anyway, Ideas noted and I will add them to the always growing list of great ideas for tokens.
-D

Honduras
July 17th, 2007, 08:49
I thought we had the site set up to accept credit cards.
I will check tonight.
If not, I am always willing to find other ways around PayPal.
Feel free to contact me through [email protected] to discuss.
-D

Yes the site accepts credit cards, but they are still processed by paypal, where the trouble begins for me. The guys blocked my account (and my cred card).

devinnight
July 17th, 2007, 13:17
ah.
Feel free to contact me, we can work something out that doesn't involve Paypal at all.

-D

devinnight
September 29th, 2007, 22:30
Sunday I will be releasing three new token packs.

TP 15: Dwarves
Basic adventurer and military types. 48 tokens

TP 16: New Characters
More character Archtypes. 61 tokens

TP 17: Hairy Orcs and Goblins
The standard fighting types for mean humanoids

I'd like to thank Thierry for commissioning the Dwarves, Orcs and Goblins.

https://www.immortalnights.com/wip/dwarf2.png
https://www.immortalnights.com/wip/HOAlt_01.png

https://www.immortalnights.com/wip/dwarfslr.png
https://www.immortalnights.com/wip/orclr.png

Astinus
September 30th, 2007, 04:16
FG used to have trouble with larger file sizes and no scaling.
With FGII higher-res tokens will allow for flexibility. I'm waiting to test a few games with hi-res tokens before I phase out the low-res ones just to make sure that they don't cause any problems.
Any news on hi-res tokens in FGII? I'm about to invest in a bunch of tokens, and don't really want to buy the low-res unless I have to.

devinnight
September 30th, 2007, 06:41
You can use the hi-res ones in FGII, the only problem comes from them groing to their full size when you select them, but in the box they are fine and once you establish the token scale on the map it should be ok.

zifnab69_fr
September 30th, 2007, 10:05
so to use with FG2 it's better to use low res tokens ?
tk

Astinus
September 30th, 2007, 18:57
You can use the hi-res ones in FGII, the only problem comes from them groing to their full size when you select them, but in the box they are fine and once you establish the token scale on the map it should be ok.
So I guess you don't want to play with a mix of high-res and low-res tokens, right? I'm still working out token use in this program, but it seems you can't scale tokens individually. So once you establish the token scale, it will apply to all new tokens you drop on the map? If you set the scale for the high-res, any low-res you drop on the map will be tiny. Is that right? (Sorry to drop token questions on you. Just want to be clear before buying.)

VgnFrnd
September 30th, 2007, 19:48
I'm interested to hear responses to these questions, too.

VenomousFiligree
September 30th, 2007, 20:00
Any token that is attached to an entry in the initiative tracker can be individually sized. All tokens dragged from the token bag can be resized, but that resizing is applied to all the tokens in the bag.

:)
MB

devinnight
September 30th, 2007, 23:01
Yeah, so you could mix and match hi and lo-res tokens as long as you tracked them on the combat tracker and scaled them to match on the map.

But yeah if you set the token scale for the hi-res the lo-res would be off and vis-versa.

The lo-res ones would work just fine for FG.

I'm also slowly lowering the prices on the 1st packs that I did as the quality gets better with the newer packs.

Thanks.
-D

And if you want to see how they look as hi-res or lo-res tokens you can use the samples above since they are in PNG format.