PDA

View Full Version : CPU running at 100%!

Tokuriku
May 4th, 2007, 01:15
I noticed that when FGII is not the foremost window on my computer (i.e: I navigate the internet in the middle of creating a campaign), the CPU runs at 100%.
Noticed it because my fan started to get pretty active :p

Goblin-King
May 4th, 2007, 07:58
I haven't been able to replicate this. Does this happen if you have no sheets open? Can you pin it down to a particular type of sheet that needs to be opened for it to happen?

Tokuriku
May 4th, 2007, 08:43
Hmmm, sorry I can't seem to remember and I am not able to replicate it either but I think it was a npc (personnality) window when I had a server and client instance running at the same time.
In the foreplan was my web browser.
I will try to replicate it and if I can pin it down, I'll reply in this thread.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

kalmarjan
May 4th, 2007, 18:56
Are you using Firefox 2.0? Sometimes it does not play nice with other apps. It also likes to burn up CPU power as well.

Are you sure that it is FG that is running at 100% CPU? My machine is a little lower end, and it runs fine despite have 4 programs open/running at the same time, with a DVD burning in the background.

My specs:

P4 1.8GHz XP Pro SP2
1.5 GB RAM
NVidia FX 5500 GeForce 256MB

Sandeman

Tokuriku
May 5th, 2007, 00:14
Maybe it was Firefox 2.0.0.3, I'm not sure and I can't seem to replicate it so it must have been a corrupted file somewhere that is not related to FG. I could replicate it at the time but since rebooting my machine, I have not been able to reproduce it. Sorry for the false alarm :D

Carlos
May 5th, 2007, 21:59
I can reproduce this.

Carlos
May 5th, 2007, 22:01
The trick to reproducing this is having a "personalities" sheet open at the time.

Tokuriku
May 6th, 2007, 00:25
Yes it tought it was with a personnality sheet open...
Maybe it's because i changed my ruleset and that my personnalities sheet has been heavily transformed that it does not occur anymore.
There is nothing left of the original personnality sheet in my ruleset.

By the way, I find it a nice coincidence that all the people that left a reply come from canada (except of course our dear Goblin King) because I'm from canada too!

MaineCoon
May 7th, 2007, 06:28
I haven't been able to replicate this. Does this happen if you have no sheets open? Can you pin it down to a particular type of sheet that needs to be opened for it to happen?

I've noticed the updater uses 100% CPU while downloading, as well.

Irian
May 7th, 2007, 07:59
I can confirm it (partly): There's another posting around somewhere that explains exactly, what to do and when I followed the instructions, FG II used constantly 50% (of my Dual Core) when in background.