PDA

View Full Version : Should tokens be saved on maps between sessions?

richvalle
May 4th, 2007, 00:52
When I'm using tokes dragged from the init counter they are not being saved. Not sure about ones not being dragged from there.

rv

Nilliom
May 4th, 2007, 02:12
I don't know if FG2 is supposed to to it, FG1 was not doing it.

I sure would like FG2 to do this. It would be easier to to a setup of a map in advance for encounters, to log information about a place in story/campaign.

sppeterson
May 4th, 2007, 02:27
Yes.

And, also need some way to do something about maps and personalities in modules. Having to re-update the map mask and token assignments to personalities in a module I'm using for a campaign means that I simply don't use modules.

richvalle
May 4th, 2007, 04:34
General tokens ARE saved. The ones pulled from the player portraits via the Init Tracker are NOT.

rv

Goblin-King
May 4th, 2007, 07:24
There was a generic player portrait/token bug that will be fixed in the next update that was causing this. Effectively, it seemed to the map functions that the tokens were no longer there.

Callum
May 4th, 2007, 11:10
Will this update make the layers persist, too? Currently, the mask and grid disappear between sessions for me.

I also remember reading somewhere that the combat tracker state was going to be saved between sessions, but I haven't seen this happen, either - maybe I'm doing something wrong!

richvalle
May 4th, 2007, 12:54
Will this update make the layers persist, too? Currently, the mask and grid disappear between sessions for me.

I also remember reading somewhere that the combat tracker state was going to be saved between sessions, but I haven't seen this happen, either - maybe I'm doing something wrong!

Layers and grid save for me. So does the combat tracker.

Can't think of what you would be doing wrong though.

rv

Goblin-King
May 4th, 2007, 12:57
There is an open reported issue regarding images imported from modules losing their layers.

If your images aren't coming from modules, masks, grids, tokens and pointers should persist between sessions. The combat tracker should also be saved.

Image data is stored in db.xml and the combat tracker in GlobalRegistry.lua.

Callum
May 4th, 2007, 15:56
There is an open reported issue regarding images imported from modules losing their layers.

If your images aren't coming from modules, masks, grids, tokens and pointers should persist between sessions. The combat tracker should also be saved.

Image data is stored in db.xml and the combat tracker in GlobalRegistry.lua.
I am using images from modules, which explains that issue.

Should the combat tracker be saved under all circumstances? My GlobalRegistry.lua is empty!