PDA

View Full Version : MGT2E (FGU) - Problems w/ Armour (Character Template, Combat Tracker

LinWood2020
September 14th, 2020, 18:37
I'm having issues w/ how FGU is handling Armor (or Armour if you prefer).

I'm running FGU 4.0.0 on a Mac Catalina, updated this AM. Both issues were identified earlier and persisted after restarting and updating.

Issue 1 (Character Template) - Armor can be loaded into the Equipment tab but the stats don't show up in other areas.

Issue 2 - The armor bought by characters doesn't show up in the Combat Tracker or shows up weirdly.

adzling
September 14th, 2020, 19:08
seems to be ok for us.

You can see FGU U.I. is showing same armor traits on the Character sheet as the combat tracker.

FYI I got confused when first using FGU and thought you had to manually type in the items on the sheet, which of course resulted in borked output.
Once I figured out that you had to drag the items from the item list to the sheet it all worked out ok.

Xargun
September 14th, 2020, 19:15
Make sure they have the armor equipped and not just being carried. Once they equip it the armor shows up fine for me. Armor has to be equipped while augmentations automatically show up.

Xargun

adzling
September 14th, 2020, 19:26
oh yeah that's a good point Xargun, that caused some confusion for our players at first.

Each inventory item has three states, owned, carried, worn.

put it on if you want the benefit!

LinWood2020
September 15th, 2020, 16:38
Make sure they have the armor equipped and not just being carried. Once they equip it the armor shows up fine for me. Armor has to be equipped while augmentations automatically show up.

Xargun

And now I feel even more stupid than usual <sigh>. That did the trick. Thanks, everyone!!!

Xargun
September 15th, 2020, 17:53
And now I feel even more stupid than usual <sigh>. That did the trick. Thanks, everyone!!!

Dont feel stupid. My guess is we all have done this before we realized what was happening. I still have players forgetting to equip their armor until I shoot them :)

Xagrun

esmdev
September 15th, 2020, 21:15
That is actually one of the more common problems that people have with the ruleset.

MadBeardMan
September 16th, 2020, 09:34
Morning All,

I'll add this to the FAQ's. That's what it's there for.

Cheers,
MBM