PDA

View Full Version : Players using Tokens in FGU

Benny
September 13th, 2020, 21:03
I have a shaman character (Dawnforged Shaman (https://bit.ly/2GXYUUI)) with a whole mess of totems and it would be best if he could drop a token on the map...or use some sort of representation to show where they are.

I researched characters using tokens (FGU Wiki (https://bit.ly/3mfx6ex)) and as far as I can tell from other posts I've read in FG you used to be able to create a folder in fantasygrounds/tokens/shared and place tokens you wanted players to use in there. This no longer works in FGU from what I understand, and I've tried testing it with my players with no luck.

Is there some sort of solution to this? We've tried to have the player create a folder in the token directory on their computer but that doesn't work either. If tokens won't work, is there some other solution that can be character driven that we can implement? I don't want to have to place a totem token for the shaman player every time he wants to use that power, but that's the only thing I can think of atm.

Thanks in advance!

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2020, 22:09
I think all token sharing has been disabled in Unity for the moment since it was causing issues. I believe that it will be reinstated once those issue are worked out.

AranMull
September 14th, 2020, 21:19
As a workaround we have been having the players use the pointers menu to drop 5' circles or squares for their summons and the like. They do take on the color of their dice which is nice when multiple characters are dropping that sort of thing. Depending on what it is I do still occasionally drop tokens for them and I have "characters" available to add to the tracker for flaming spheres and the like that I know are likely to be making an appearance. As I sit here I am thinking I should transfer control of the characters to the PCs when and as they have those effects active. I haven't used that function before but now I am thinking of options!

Thank you for the question and for making me think more about the issue!! :)