PDA

View Full Version : New to app not D&D looking for active group to play with

dethlock84
September 13th, 2020, 20:56
I started off playing 2nd edition in HS. I've DMed in the past, but would like to just play, and have an active DM for a group that would play, once a week. Any campaign, starting around lvl 3 to lvl 5 so that it's fun from the onset. I'm interested in 5e games because I'm not accustomed to the system changes. Look forward to any correspondence. Once members (4-6 preferred) are found, we can work out a good time to all "meet" and play.

Addaroc
September 14th, 2020, 13:00
My brother and I are looking for a low key game. We have been play D&D since 1978 (Not Kidding) we are on discord and have just started using 5e.
Adam

dethlock84
September 14th, 2020, 18:23
That's awesome! Would you all like to work on starting a group together?

dethlock84
September 14th, 2020, 18:31
I've yet to purchase everything until I find a group I won't. Just need to know campaign to purchase and then I'll buy the core books and get setup. I have discord the FG discord server does not have voice or video from my research if that is desired. I would personally like to at least be able to talk to one another and goof off. That's what I miss about playing the most. Being nerdy with other smart people haha. Let me know if you would be interested in adding me.

Addaroc
September 14th, 2020, 18:40
Sounds good. New characters? And what day? We are both on Discord: Addaroc#4884 is me. We both rolled up characters for a test game Ironman style (4d6 - lowest die in stat order) but new is fine too.

dethlock84
September 14th, 2020, 18:48
that actually sounds great. I need to create a character to catch up. So 4D6 was the lowest die you used? What lvl are you starting at? Lvl 3? Or??

dethlock84
September 14th, 2020, 18:50
As far as day. Saturday evening EST would be preferable, if that is a agreeable time.

Addaroc
September 14th, 2020, 19:45
Saturday would be cool and Your DM should set the level. 4d6 discard the lowest is D&D standard. Iron Man just means you take them in stats in order. (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma.) some DM give a bonus for doing so. My brother has a fighter and a mage and I have a Bard or Ranger.

eldritchkn
September 14th, 2020, 19:53
I am in if ya got a spot )

Addaroc
September 14th, 2020, 23:39
I am in if ya got a spot )

Ok, That will give us a party.

Addaroc
September 14th, 2020, 23:59
Also please check out The Kingdom of Gallidorn post in the game calendar The game would be on Thursday or Friday.

GunnarGreybeard
September 15th, 2020, 00:36
We have been play D&D since 1978 (Not Kidding) we are on discord and have just started using 5e.
I started about the same time with the boxed Basic Set, then AD&D 1e when it came out. Played that till about '83 then switched to a Rolemaster, Runequest, HarnMaster homebrew for a few years. Took a 20+ year gaming break in the late '80s and eventually came back to PnP RPGs when 5e came out.

Also please check out The Kingdom of Gallidorn post in the game calendar The game would be on Thursday or Friday.
Interested if you end up going with Friday evenings, my only free time, so will keep an eye on the gamecalender. I run a weekly, Saturday, 5e homebrew game that takes up a fair amount of prepping time due to mostly original content. I'd hate to commit and then have to back out once it gets going.

pathiss
September 15th, 2020, 17:03
I am an old school 1e, 2e, classic player just getting back into playing. I am available (Eastern) M-Thur 8pm-midnight, Saturday / Sunday any time after 5pm (though Sunday I would want to cut it off at midnight). This sounds perfect for me

pathiss
September 15th, 2020, 17:06
Any how let me know. I would love to get started up in 5e with a bunch of old school players.

eldritchkn
September 17th, 2020, 03:18
What are the next steps for a group member?

thx

Addaroc
September 19th, 2020, 19:47
can't get the calendar to work right. Running Fridays 5:00 pm EST.
Discord: Fantasy Ground Game Channel 7.
2nd level. One piece of magic gear +1(Armor or Weapon)
see you all then.
Adam

pathiss
September 19th, 2020, 21:27
I can't do 5pm Friday unfortunately. Have fun with it though

GunnarGreybeard
September 19th, 2020, 23:41
can't get the calendar to work right. Running Fridays 5:00 pm EST.
It's not especially intuitive. What part are you stuck at, setting the 'Scheduled Play Times'?

Addaroc
September 19th, 2020, 23:44
Yes I think.

GunnarGreybeard
September 20th, 2020, 00:12
In the 'Suggest new game time' boxes, enter . . .
Day: 2 digit such as 05
Month: 2 digit such as 09
Time: Use 24 hour clock including ':' such as 19:00 for 7 PM or 09:00 for 9 AM.
Then click the Big Arrow symbol to the right.
It should then show up under the 'Scheduled play times' section.

Addaroc
September 20th, 2020, 12:45
That worked perfectly...You rock. 50 xp for moving the game along.

GunnarGreybeard
September 20th, 2020, 19:06
That worked perfectly...You rock. 50 xp for moving the game along.

Glad to help out.