PDA

View Full Version : Creature Damage Mod

rcruk
September 13th, 2020, 20:25
I need to make a creature take reduced damage (as a fraction) from certain damage types... is there a way I can enter this into the NPC sheet as an automated effect? Is there a list somewhere for such effects?... Thanks

R.

MadBeardMan
September 14th, 2020, 11:07
I need to make a creature take reduced damage (as a fraction) from certain damage types... is there a way I can enter this into the NPC sheet as an automated effect? Is there a list somewhere for such effects?... Thanks

R.

Not a percentage, which creature from what book please.

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
September 14th, 2020, 12:37
Not a percentage, which creature from what book please.

Cheers,
MBM

You know the one ;)

MadBeardMan
September 14th, 2020, 12:49
It’s the XXXX from the Great Rift 2: Deepnight Endevour. But shh don’t tell my players they haven’t met it yet.

Hi Chap,

You can edit your text to remove the name just in case.

Looks like for this ONE monster that we need a system like DnD with resistances/vulnerabilities aside from Armour types. I've not gotten around to this adventure as I've not converted Great Rift box set, just yet....

I'd roll the damage into the chat window and work it out personally.

But I'll add that to the future todo list.

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
September 14th, 2020, 12:51
That would be a great to have for home brew encounters also. I’ll go back and change my entry now :)

esmdev
September 14th, 2020, 13:54
Probably a good assumption that if they do it once, they might do it again. Of course Traveller is filled with one time use rules so who knows.

Xargun
September 14th, 2020, 14:09
Being able to set resistances to certain damage types would be useful or even different armor ratings for that. Maybe not a ruleset change but an extension if someone is feeling brave?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
September 15th, 2020, 15:25
Being able to set resistances to certain damage types would be useful or even different armor ratings for that. Maybe not a ruleset change but an extension if someone is feeling brave?

Xargun

An extension won't work, as you'd need to override portions of the ruleset.

I've been looking at some other NPC's, it's going to be a pain to automate these, but we can do over time.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
September 15th, 2020, 16:22
An extension won't work, as you'd need to override portions of the ruleset.

I've been looking at some other NPC's, it's going to be a pain to automate these, but we can do over time.

Cheers,
MBM

Maybe add it to your effects proposals? RESIST%: KINETIC(33) or something like that. Then it can be applied ad hoc when needed.

rcruk
September 16th, 2020, 20:52
Maybe add it to your effects proposals? RESIST%: KINETIC(33) or something like that. Then it can be applied ad hoc when needed.

Could really use some sort of MGT2e specific Wiki for things like this... in this specific instance I can probably just double their hits to represent them taking half damage.

MadBeardMan
September 20th, 2020, 20:59
Folks,

This evening been thinking about Damage and things, for example from Ref Briefings 6 we have the age old Chamax, they do Acid Damage with starts at 3d then 2d next round and then 1d the round after, like an ongoing effect doing less damage.

So I fancy doing a re-vamp of the armour and things to take into account % damage and so on and so forth, I'll get around to this once the Spacecraft CT is well under way if that's ok.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
September 21st, 2020, 15:02
Folks,

This evening been thinking about Damage and things, for example from Ref Briefings 6 we have the age old Chamax, they do Acid Damage with starts at 3d then 2d next round and then 1d the round after, like an ongoing effect doing less damage.

So I fancy doing a re-vamp of the armour and things to take into account % damage and so on and so forth, I'll get around to this once the Spacecraft CT is well under way if that's ok.

Cheers,
MBM

I think that special situations can be fudged until after High Guard and the SCT are up and running.

It seems to me that continuing damage would be best handled as an effect.

MadBeardMan
September 22nd, 2020, 10:48
I think that special situations can be fudged until after High Guard and the SCT are up and running.

It seems to me that continuing damage would be best handled as an effect.

There is an ongoing damage effects system in place for Fire already (hit someone with a Fire based weapon to see), I'll extend it to work with Acid and Poison.

Cheers,
MBM