PDA

View Full Version : FGU not closing with Steam

donbwhite
September 13th, 2020, 03:25
Summary:
While working around in FGU today I realized that even if I closed out of FGU the app would still be shown as open in Steam. I would have to close out of Steam to be able to relaunch it. I did check my Take Manager and didn't see FGU running.

FGU version:
Fully updated

Ruleset(s):
MoreCore

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign:
New FGU Campaign

Extensions/Themes:
CoreRPG Dice Color, Modern AGE Theme, CoreRPG, Has Initiative Indicator, Player Agency

Modules Loaded:
MoreCore RuleSet, AudioOverseer

Operating System / Language Setting:
Windows 10 64, English (US)

Steps to Reproduce:
Launch Steam
Go to Library and Launch FGU
In Launcher either open campaign or simply close the launcher
In Steam FGU will still show as running
Have to restart Steam to reopen FGU

Moon Wizard
September 14th, 2020, 04:52
Thanks for reporting. I've added a task to investigate.

Regards,
JPG

smelton
September 14th, 2020, 16:18
Summary:
While working around in FGU today I realized that even if I closed out of FGU the app would still be shown as open in Steam. I would have to close out of Steam to be able to relaunch it. I did check my Take Manager and didn't see FGU running.

FGU version:
Fully updated

Ruleset(s):
MoreCore

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign:
New FGU Campaign

Extensions/Themes:
CoreRPG Dice Color, Modern AGE Theme, CoreRPG, Has Initiative Indicator, Player Agency

Modules Loaded:
MoreCore RuleSet, AudioOverseer

Operating System / Language Setting:
Windows 10 64, English (US)

Steps to Reproduce:
Launch Steam
Go to Library and Launch FGU
In Launcher either open campaign or simply close the launcher
In Steam FGU will still show as running
Have to restart Steam to reopen FGU

I am not able to reproduce the issue following the steps you provided. In addition to just closing the launcher and closing FGU after opening a campaign, I clicked the Check For Updates button on the Launcher screen (which closes FGU and opens the FGU Updater) and the made sure Steam still saw the app running (which is expected). After the updater finished running the update process and automatically relaunched FGU, I closed it and Steam no longer said running and it presented me with the Play button. For good measure, I relaunched FGU from Steam again and clicked the Settings button on the Launcher screen, which opens the FGU Updater again but on the settings tab. I closed the settings tab and then clicked the Launch Fantasy Grounds button. Once again I closed FGU and confirmed Steam updated accordingly.

You mentioned you have to restart Steam to reopen FGU... but what happens if you click the Stop button instead?

donbwhite
September 18th, 2020, 03:05
Clicking the stop button has no effect.

I did realize another factor that may have been in play was that I was trying out writing a mod and didn't know about the /reload command so I was opening and closing the application frequently. So that could have cause Steam to get gummed up. I have not experienced it since.