PDA

View Full Version : LFG: New to FG but not to RPG - Mature, Consistent Player for D&D, PF1

Shannara
September 12th, 2020, 19:52
FG License: Unity Ultimate

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone, USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Mon (morning), Tue, Wed, Thur (morning), Fri, Sat (morning), Sun
Term: I would like a long term game, but also happy to play in one-shots to get some FG experience

Voice: Experience w/Discord & Zoom - willing to download other programs as necessary. I do not have a webcam.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E, 3/3.5E, AD&D 1E & 2E, PF 1E
Game System Experience: D&D 5E, 3/3.5E, AD&D 1E & 2E, PF 1E, CoC (mostly d20), 7th Sea, Dresden Files, Firefly, D6 varients

Character Type Preferred: I don't care for playing monks, but have played most standard classes. I choose stats to support the character idea/background, so my characters may not be at maximum efficiency

About me: I have 30+ years of roleplay experience -- most of it has been either face-to-face games or online play-by-post. A recent move and Covid-19 has put an end to the face-to-face games, though I still play bi-weekly with our old group via Zoom. I have some experience GMing, and am currently working through trying to set up a campaign to run via FG, but that's extremely slow going as I try to learn the ropes.

I prefer team oriented games where the players work with the GM to create and enjoyable story/experience for all the players. PvP is best when it is a friendly IC rivalry agreed upon by players. I've played with two groups for a decade plus each, and ran a play-by-post D&D game that lasted 4 years and reached completion. I'm a steady, dependable player, not a rules lawyer, and I enjoy playing mature characters and adventuring with mature characters. I also suppose that my ideal party would be somewhat human-centric. Ravenloft is my favorite campaign setting, probably because it combines Gothic Horror with Fantasy, and while I like Forgotten Realms ... I really love the settings where magic and exotic races still imbue a feeling of wonder that I just don't see when there's a magic shop in every town and a magic shop on every street corner in the large cities. I'm certainly happy to play in high magic campaigns, though -- I just wanted to mention my ideal. ;)

joegemmo
September 15th, 2020, 17:06
FG License: demo

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone, USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Mon (morning), Tue, Wed, Thur (morning), Fri, Sat (morning), Sun
Term: I have played FG classic and unity for the last few months and looking for a long or short term game

Voice: Discord, zoom, google meet or whatever

Game System Preferred: 5E, Vampire, any super hero game
Game System Experience: D&D 5E, 4E, 3.5E, AD&D 1E & 2E, Pathfinder 1E, Vampire, Champions, GURPS and a bunch others

Character Type Preferred: I play a variety of different character and personalities and like to change it up based on the game

About me: I have been playing RP games for over 30 years mostly as a player and sometimes as a GM. I have played many systems over the years and looking for daytime weekday game. Depending on the story and players I have done dungeon crawls to heavy RP games.