PDA

View Full Version : First session with FG2

steev42
May 2nd, 2007, 17:17
...and not too many issues. One player was having some connection issues on his end, but we weren't sure if that was the ISP or FG. Will have more data on that with more sessions.

But there were a few things that we noticed. Minor, to be sure, but still there.

1. No ability to kick players anymore. When he disconnected, I tried to kick him so he could get back on, but found that the option didn't exist. There was one repeat of an old FG1 bug in that when I loaded a large image with a mask (something I just plain stopped doing in FG1), it caused him to crash. But since this was the same player that kept crashing, it's hard to tell for sure whether this was coincidence or not.

2. Rolling dice seems to be harder than in FG1. Quite often die rolls just missed the tray, for whatever reason. It seemed to be easier to me to roll upwards rather than sideways, but there were still issues.

3. Die rolls don't always show the same number that appears in the chat window. I noticed a D8 rolling a 7, but appearing in the chat as a 1. Also saw a 3->1 on a D20, and a 3->17 on a D20.

4. The combat drag and drops are awesome. But for some reason, it seems that Initiative and saves don't have that ability. Probably something that could be LUA scripted, but I'm not really sure I have the time to try to figure that out.

5. The fifteen-foot horizontal cone was..well, absymal. But, I think adding a snap point on the mid point of a grid border would be useful in fixing this. I recall seeing that the snap points are scriptable--anyone care to help with that? As an aside, it may also help to have a hotkey (alt/ctrl?) that when you are holding it, it turns off the snap points.

Just my experience. It was a fun session, and I look forward to playing with it more.

Illrigger
May 2nd, 2007, 17:46
5. The fifteen-foot horizontal cone was..well, absymal. But, I think adding a snap point on the mid point of a grid border would be useful in fixing this. I recall seeing that the snap points are scriptable--anyone care to help with that? As an aside, it may also help to have a hotkey (alt/ctrl?) that when you are holding it, it turns off the snap points.

The cones are working as per the rules; you pick 2 corners, draw the cone, and apply the appropriate template. If you don't like the shape the cone is, pick two other valid corners - that's perfectly legal per the rules.

I do think there's a bug tho - the shape of the cone is different when pointing straight up or left than it is pointing straight down or right. On a grid, I'd expect opposite directions on the same vertices to yield the same shapes...

Insanity
May 2nd, 2007, 19:23
I agree, the pointers do not shade the same squares on the grid when facing right or down. I assume this can be fixed easily by the Devs though.