PDA

View Full Version : Dragging PC to combat tracker as DM

Dachannien
May 2nd, 2007, 15:09
Hi, all,

Yesterday evening, I ran into a minor situation using FG. I'm the DM of our campaign, and we've started letting me play the PCs of absent players so that we can try to play nearly every week. Anyway, I really like being able to drag the PCs' portraits onto the combat tracker, but it hit me that I couldn't figure out how to drag a portrait when no player was using a character. That is, if I have a character sheet open, but there's no player playing that character, then there's no portrait to drag.

I ended up just manually creating an entry and skipping all the nifty stuff about dragging AC, saves, etc. onto the tracker. But does anyone know a way around this issue?

richvalle
May 2nd, 2007, 18:00
You can start up a 2nd (or 3rd... or 4th...) instance of FGII and login as the character. Then drag and drop as normal.

Note: you'll either have to log in as that player (with the same name) or as the DM you'll have to pull up the available characters and right click on the one you are going to play and clear the ownership. Then when you log in under a different name you'll see that characters as an option.

rv

Griogre
May 3rd, 2007, 04:41
While richvalle's suggestion works, I don't see the point in starting all those different FG instances. I suggest you have another player "run" the missing character by opening it (clear the ownership first so he can). He actually doesn't have to "run" it, the DM can. Doing this way will put up a ring for the character and allow you to drag the missing player's character on the combat tracker. I did this last week and it worked great.

Dachannien
May 3rd, 2007, 05:01
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions, guys :)

Tokuriku
May 4th, 2007, 01:03
This could be avoided if the portrait was actually ON the character sheet.
I like the way the char sheets are but when I look at 3 players' sheet at the same time, I find it just a little hard to figure out who's who.
If there was a portrait there, I could easily navigate trough them.