PDA

View Full Version : Join Campaign as player?

fabiocm
September 10th, 2020, 00:08
Can't we join campaign as player in FGU while connected as GM, as we can do in FGC?

Kelrugem
September 10th, 2020, 00:21
Can't we join campaign as player in FGU while connected as GM, as we can do in FGC?

You can (from the same computer, as in FGC) by opening a second instance; when you use cloud: Join yourself like a player would do, either by the lobby list or by inserting your name into the GM name field. When using LAN, then use localhost as IP address :)

Sulimo
September 10th, 2020, 00:26
I believe if you want to join locally, you need to choose LAN, not Cloud as the Host. Then Join to localhost as you do in Classic.

I just tried it, and it works for me. I've never tried a Cloud based option, I am not sure if that works (I don't recall anyone saying that would work).

Edit: beaten.

fabiocm
September 10th, 2020, 00:40
Ah, ok. I tried on another notebook. I though I could use other screen to see what is happening as player :(

Why can't we log in with another computer? Since the ultimate license grants any number of players to log in (even those who have no license at all), what could be wrong to enter as player using the same ultimate license? Is it some security caution?

Thanks for the last aswer.

Sulimo
September 10th, 2020, 00:57
I am pretty sure the license restricts the ability to use the same account the way you are tying to use it (two instances on the same PC is different). I seem to recall someone from Smiteworks in the past explaining it, but I cannot find that now.

Moon Wizard
September 10th, 2020, 01:00
You can log in from another machine or the same machine with the same user as GM (but only once). I do it all the time.

Are you sure that your version says Ultimate in the top right of the launch screen? Any other errors reported?

JPG

Kelrugem
September 10th, 2020, 01:12
When you have an ultimate license, why not using the demo license on the other computer then? :)

fabiocm
September 10th, 2020, 01:23
When you have an ultimate license, why not using the demo license on the other computer then? :)

Exactly. That was the reason I asked.
I didn't knew I coundn't log until some hours ago, that's why I didn't created a "demo license" to use. It makes no sense at all, unless there is a reason I don't know.

You can log in from another machine or the same machine with the same user as GM (but only once). I do it all the time.
Are you sure that your version says Ultimate in the top right of the launch screen? Any other errors reported?
JPG
I can log in as GM on the other machine. What I was trying to do is log in as GM on one machine, then log in as player on the other.

I tried with two instances in the same machine and it worked.

Kelrugem
September 10th, 2020, 01:57
Exactly. That was the reason I asked.
I didn't knew I coundn't log until some hours ago, that's why I didn't created a "demo license" to use. It makes no sense at all, unless there is a reason I don't know.

I can log in as GM on the other machine. What I was trying to do is log in as GM on one machine, then log in as player on the other.

I tried with two instances in the same machine and it worked.

Using the same account to login into your own campaign as player only works from the same campaign :) Also for FGC. When using another computer for that, then you need demo license there or standard (when your DM account is standard), because the same license is not allowed to run at two computers at the same time :) (that the same license cannot run on two different computers at the same time is simply to avoid that you could give your forum credentials and license to someone else; also important in that situation as in your case, because then one could try to rotate the GM with the same license, since one could not distinguish anymore who actually owns the license in this group when at least two persons share the same account to use it as DM and player, and that sharing is not allowed :) At least that is a possible reason)

fabiocm
September 10th, 2020, 05:51
that the same license cannot run on two different computers at the same time is simply to avoid that you could give your forum credentials and license to someone else; also important in that situation as in your case, because then one could try to rotate the GM with the same license, since one could not distinguish anymore who actually owns the license in this group when at least two persons share the same account to use it as DM and player, and that sharing is not allowed At least that is a possible reason
Hmm, that makes sense...
Thanks.