PDA

View Full Version : Resistance effects

Willot
September 9th, 2020, 22:59
I was wondering if there is a way of doing this in the FG stat Block for a creature

all damage 2 (except force, ghost touch, or positive; double resistance vs. non-magical)

I had a look on the Banshee but it only had this when moved over to the combat tracker

RESIST: 12 all; RESIST: or ghost touch

Is there a method or just something that will have to be handled manually for the time being?

Trenloe
September 10th, 2020, 08:35
The double-resistance has to be handled manually for now.

You can do the except clause with RESIST: 2 all, !force, !ghost touch, !positive

MaxAstro
September 10th, 2020, 16:19
Oh that's nice to know, Trenloe, I've been handling that manually.

Larsenex
September 10th, 2020, 23:58
Trenloe, does the exclamation ! indicate exceptions to the resistance? If a player is using a ghost touch weapon will the 'resist 2' be ignored?

Willot
September 11th, 2020, 00:24
Trenloe, does the exclamation ! indicate exceptions to the resistance? If a player is using a ghost touch weapon will the 'resist 2' be ignored?

The ! means NOT, it is also used in some programming languages. so yes [Resist:2 !(NOT)ghost touch]

lostsanityreturned
September 14th, 2020, 06:09
I was wondering if there is a way of doing this in the FG stat Block for a creature

I had a look on the Banshee but it only had this when moved over to the combat tracker

Is there a method or just something that will have to be handled manually for the time being?

Oh that's nice to know, Trenloe, I've been handling that manually.

you can use use following as a quick and dirty solution

RESIST: *4 all, !force, !ghost touch, !positive
WEAK: 2 magic, spell

I use the npc automation system to create an effect for easy appliaction.

Willot
September 14th, 2020, 08:26
That'll do! ThanKs
L.S.R