PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to Create Two Rules Sets

Morfedel
September 9th, 2020, 07:05
So I've been considering two different rules sets I've maybe wanted to create. The first is for a game system called Wild Talents. I jokingly refer to it as Yahtzee, the RPG, because you are rolling 10-sided dice and look for matches. So, for instance, if I get three 7s and two 10s, it would be written 3x7 and 2x10; I want to be able to roll a pool of up to ten d10s and be able to read those results as listed. Is that possible in FGU via rules set creation?

The other is for another defunct game called Fireborn. It rolls a number of d6s, and you get successes for each results that is 4 or higher. So looking for how many successes that gets rolled.

There are more to both systems, but I figure that those are the two biggest hurdles, or at least I'm assuming so. Are these both doable?

superteddy57
September 9th, 2020, 07:27
Anything is doable. Just depends on what kind of work you are willing to invest. Ruleset creation takes a ton of hours to finalize a working ruleset.

LordEntrails
September 9th, 2020, 08:53
Look at MoreCore. You might find it easier to create rolls for it and then if you want a custom theme extension.